LapDog
LapDog New Reader
8/26/21 9:08 a.m.

Looks decent and challenge priced.  How hard is it to turn up the wick on these things? 

It's not quite what I want for a baby-friendlier daily driver but someone might be interested.  

https://washingtondc.craigslist.org/mld/cto/d/laurel-2000-saab-turbo-1499/7371187819.html

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/26/21 9:19 a.m.

Turning the wick up is pretty easy, but I think the 99 (with t5 engine and management vs the t7 I think this has) is generally considered "better" if you're going for huge HP.

LapDog
LapDog New Reader
8/26/21 10:21 a.m.

In reply to Robbie (Forum Supporter) :

So perhaps not the best challenge candidate.  Thanks for the information. 

billstewartx
billstewartx New Reader
8/27/21 1:07 p.m.
Robbie (Forum Supporter) said:

Turning the wick up is pretty easy, but I think the 99 (with t5 engine and management vs the t7 I think this has) is generally considered "better" if you're going for huge HP.

you mean a saab 99 from 1969-1980?  those are rare as hens teeth... 

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/29/21 2:50 p.m.
billstewartx said:
Robbie (Forum Supporter) said:

you mean a saab 99 from 1969-1980?  those are rare as hens teeth... 

No, the 1999 version of that exact same car. The body changed over but the "older" saab engine carried into that first year.

I don't remember all the details of the difference but my recollection is that the 00 engine is a better engine for a stock power level car but if you're going for huge turbo the 99 is a better starting point.

billstewartx
billstewartx New Reader
8/29/21 6:12 p.m.

gone gone gone... 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
sbB01VJqo1EeMVkCh4h6t4VDBFTQd1AeYMIplHkW8auEh4Ak9DN3wE0vSKI1quGI