calteg
calteg Dork
5/28/21 9:07 a.m.

Mine, completely affiliated

2000 Silverado, Reg cab, long bed, 2wd, with the 5.3L. Just over 210,000 miles. Could be a great beater track toy hauler, beater farm truck, beater drift truck (?), you get the idea.

Pros:

5.3L LS motor
Long bed
Shocks replaced 2 years ago
Brakes rebuilt a year ago (rears are brand new)
Non Smoker
Clean Carfax  (though someone did tag the front bumper while I was parked, see pics)
Clean Texas title in my name
No dash lights
Tires are in great shape, though they need to be balanced
Includes the camper top (we can do some creative accounting here to bring it under challenge budget)
Interior is in really good condition
New head unit has integrated bluetooth w/microphone

Cons:

Definitely maybe has a blown head. 1/20 times you start it, you get white smoke out the tailpipe for the first 7 or 8 minutes. It's losing coolant somewhere, which points to a blown head, but the truck has never ever overheated on me, even in 110 degree TX Summer

A/C is inop. It will hold a charge for a few weeks
Paint is badly faded on top surfaces
Rocker panels have rusted away, though the undercarriage is surprisingly free of rust
Tires definitely need to be balanced, you get vibration over 70mph

The bumper damage also put a crack in the windshield washer reservoir, so that doesn't hold fluid

Texas law changed and the camper has to have a third brake light in order to pass inspection. You can either just remove the camper shell for the inspection, or I will include a third brake light for you to install yourself

Gas gauge reads 1/4 tank high

Asking $2500, though we can remove the camper shell to bring it under challenge pricing. I had this up on CL for $4000 and got several bites, but I just don't have the patience or time to deal with flakes. Given how insane the truck market is currently, you could probably flip it and make beer money.

Located in Austin, TX. Best to email if you're interested:

cucumber

210-100= ???

at

hotmail

hotmail

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa GRM+ Memberand UberDork
5/28/21 10:37 a.m.

Stampie, you ever find a truck for Grandma Stampie?

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/28/21 1:38 p.m.

In reply to Mr_Asa :

No but she's way picker than me and the mileage on this one would cross it off the list.  She's kinda put truck hunting on the back burner for now.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
m0zNF7947E6WjxnAI8rGcGd798mjndbw9hXaKuO4p3dBWkplLDHNwrP8guwbLTqG