Slippery
Slippery GRM+ Memberand UberDork
9/19/21 3:46 p.m.

Interesting ... whats the catch? lol

russde
russde GRM+ Memberand Reader
9/19/21 3:46 p.m.

Posting pics from my phone...

Story: Bought this to be a great father-daughter project...turned into a father project, and then an eyesore in the driveway as my job hasn't allowed any project time.

Originally purchased with a 'bad fuel pump', with three gallons of gas on a sttep incline dirveway. AAA'd it home, put in 5 gallons of gas and it fired right up. Came with parts store special pads, rotors, shocks/struts; all installed.

Then the electric fan died, new fan, now hoses, new overflow tank.

Then the clutch was iffy, new slave cylinder fixed that, along with a complete brake & combo master cylinder flush.

Then it sat....and then there was the incident with stuck rings. Marvel mystery oil to the rescue, for a long sit and then smoke bombed the neighborhood. Still has a rough idle.

Clear coat failure, interior door panel glue has failed.

Would be a nice project in someone else's driveway. ;)

$500 (the falkens were $600, did I mention new tires?)

Delivery available for the price of fuel and lodging (seriously)

Corpus Christi, TX

russde dot 93 at the google mail

russde
9/19/21 3:58 p.m.

Also: Dr Vanos vanos rebuild, new DISA valve also

I might be able to get more locally, I might be able to get more parting it out. But, I'd love to sell it to a GRM'er; and second, if I don't have time for a project, I don't have time for a part-out either

I've also got a free sailboat...23' Catalina, 15hp Suzuki outboard, new running rigging...on a trailer

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/19/21 4:08 p.m.

Oh gosh I've just been thinking about an e46.

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
9/19/21 4:12 p.m.

Andy, here's your challenge car. Fly to Texas drive to challenge.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
9/19/21 4:56 p.m.
Robbie (Forum Supporter) said:

Towing a sailboat.....

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/19/21 4:59 p.m.

Email sent

KyAllroad
KyAllroad UltimaDork
9/19/21 6:22 p.m.

Damn, I want them both but might be able to justify the hole in the water.

please email me Armstrong390 at the yahoo exchange.    I need a road trip boat collecting.

Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter)
Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/19/21 7:01 p.m.

And if he or anyone else gets it for the Challenge they're welcome to stay here in Biloxi & caravan the rest of the way to Gainesville(if you don't mind following a slow RV).

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman SuperDork
9/19/21 7:08 p.m.
Datsun310Guy said:

Towing a sailboat.....

Emailed 

russde
9/19/21 7:34 p.m.

As for the car...I don't think I'd try to drive it to Florida. The miss MIGHT even out, but it might not...and the registration is expired. Stampie has expressed interest as is, and I've agreed to hold it for him.

As to the boat...I can get details for anyone interested. It's a bay boat (no removable keel thingie, showing off my sailing knowledge), we purchased it from a young man in San Antonio where it spent most of it's life, near Canyon Lake. An experienced sail person/friend took a look and pronounced it decent (the sails, etc) and then I bought all new running rigging from MauriProSailing...still in the box. The floor is rotten, doesn't appear to be marine ply. I sealed the external gas tank for the outboard with a POR-15 gas tank seal kit.

The tires on the trailer are...ok, but I'd have to look closer to see if I'd trust them on a road trip. They went from San Antonio to Corpus four years ago, and have sat since then. The registration is expired, but for an intersested party, I can make current.

Best,

Russ

untchabl
untchabl Reader
9/19/21 7:57 p.m.

If this would survive the drive back to NC, I'd do a fly and drive and come get it.

AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter)
AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/19/21 11:05 p.m.

Que unhappy face.  My dream has been to find one of these to Gastropod at the challenge.  I just bought a different challenge car last month.  

9/20/21 8:28 a.m.

If for some reason this ends up in DFW I will find a place to keep it.  

Hoondavan
Hoondavan HalfDork
9/20/21 8:42 a.m.

I'm just down the road from Stampie (NEFL) and if this were a bit closer I couldn't say "no."  Frankly, even w/transportation costs it still looks like a smokin' good deal.  Lots of moving parts w/finances in my household, so I'm not quite ready to start a new project (but getting closer).  GLWS

Tow it to Gainesville, swap coils, run challenge, sell it to me after!

Stampie
9/20/21 9:00 a.m.

Looks like this will be Lil Stampie's first road car as the Audi will be dedicated to a race car.  We're planning on picking it up in November but have offered it to Andy as a back up Challenge car if he wants.

9/20/21 9:04 a.m.

In reply to Stampie :

Good call.

Stampie
9/20/21 10:22 a.m.

In reply to AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) :

Yeah now let's just hope he doesn't find something else to ask me 10 million times a day to replace "what kind of car will I get?"

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
9/20/21 10:39 a.m.

Now, if lil stampie were to offer this at the challenge to all contestants as a "celebrity in a reasonably priced car" lap at the end of the autox (let anyone who wants to run a timed lap in an equal car, like how we used to do the GT challenge) and charge $20 per run, I bet he'd make his entire purchase price back in one day.

Just sayin.

Stampie
9/20/21 11:13 a.m.

In reply to Robbie (Forum Supporter) :

Our rule is he has to pay half of buying and fixing the car so he could use ideas.

OjaiM5
OjaiM5 HalfDork
9/20/21 2:27 p.m.

Sure a lot of stuff breaks on the e46 but I find them pretty easy to work on and a very well balanced car. 

I am always amazed at how well this chassis does in the Ultimate Track car Challenge. 

yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/20/21 2:53 p.m.

In reply to russde :

I'm two hours north of you in San Antonio. I'll be emailing you

yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/20/21 2:55 p.m.

Damn I'm too late crying

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
EMUV96APgLYU89WVnewg6LCIc18p9Xs2fQA977SKSaziFoxJ9aYG0ZQKqxVwokO6