dbgrubbs
dbgrubbs New Reader
6/23/14 8:15 a.m.

Posting this for a friend. Just pm me and I'll forward any interest to the seller.

I am new to this Forum and am looking to sell my 2001 M5, Green with black interior. Has 135,000 miles and needs some maintenance work. Have owned it for 7 plus years. Was weekend car, but job has changed and can no longer afford to maintain it anymore. Must sell quickly. Motivated seller. North Georgia/Atlanta area. $9800 obo.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg MegaDork
6/23/14 9:29 a.m.

Manual or Auto?

dbgrubbs
dbgrubbs New Reader
6/23/14 9:33 a.m.

All of the e39's are 6 speed manuals.

dyintorace
dyintorace GRM+ Memberand UberDork
6/23/14 10:02 a.m.

I'm guessing it is Oxford green. A little oddball for the e39 M5, but I happen to love it!

This is NOT the car for sale, but my guess at the color.

dbgrubbs
dbgrubbs New Reader
6/23/14 10:31 a.m.

That is indeed the color.

docwyte
docwyte HalfDork
6/23/14 10:44 a.m.

I had an Oxford Green E46 M3. Really nice color, looks black in some light. Post pics and details of the car.

dbgrubbs
dbgrubbs New Reader
6/23/14 10:47 a.m.

Awaiting pics before posting. Should be tomorrow.

Cotton
Cotton UltraDork
6/23/14 10:48 a.m.

I like that color.

dbgrubbs
dbgrubbs New Reader
6/23/14 10:50 a.m.

2001 BMW M5 Green (rare color) exterior and Black interior for sale.

Name: Edward Sellers Location: North Georgia/Atlanta Means of contact: PM Price: $9,999 obo

Description: Bought the car April 1st, 2007. It had 71,000 miles on the odometer. Car has 135,000 miles on it now. Paint and interior are in good shape. Everything works but here are a few maintenance issues to be addressed. Car is fast (brutally), handles great. Has all the options and has been dead reliable. It has never left me stranded. I really love the car and do not want to sell it, but I have to due to a job change and want to find a new and good home for it, with an owner who will address its issues. The car deserves it.

1. Check engine light is on, needs to be reset, no issues with car running smoothly.

2. Rear drivers passenger window is stuck in the down position (just happened)

3. Key Fobs do not lock, unlock or set the car alarm.

4. The mileage, trip odometer and outside temp LEDs are hard to read (bad pixels)

5. Rearview mirror no longer dims.

6. Will need back tires soon.

7. Differential weeps some.

8. Power Steering leaks a little as well, especially on steep hills.

Has installed Radar Detector.

All Nav and audio systems, including the CD changer work correctly. .

I have two key fobs that will go with it plus a valet key.

dyintorace
dyintorace GRM+ Memberand UberDork
6/23/14 10:53 a.m.
docwyte wrote: I had an Oxford Green E46 M3. Really nice color, looks black in some light. Post pics and details of the car.

Your taste is impeccable. It is gorgeous on an M3!

catapultkid
catapultkid New Reader
6/23/14 11:30 a.m.

I'd so trade you :) but I know that isn't what you want/asking for.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/23/14 1:08 p.m.

FYI, having that check engine light on is probably devaluing the car by 25% at least. The potential for repair bills is significant. Fix it.

glueguy
glueguy GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
6/24/14 11:46 a.m.
dbgrubbs wrote: 4. The mileage, trip odometer and outside temp LEDs are hard to read (bad pixels)

well, at least now we don't have to ask about the pixels

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
xJlVL7yALzA1G3Lo2iJzPLrgw9Px27ipxp5MSLzlnGuz6YxWOYkje3m3yEpr9bL2