trucke
trucke Dork
2/19/16 9:43 a.m.

I’m task to sell this truck for my Mom. It was my Dad’s truck. He passed away last October. It’s not GRM priced,but it is a pretty nice truck. I’ll be posting on Craigslist next week. That will be fun! The truck is currently near Asheville, North Carolina.

If you need to tow a load, this is the truck for you! The truck is equipped with the stout 8.1 liter normally aspirated gasoline engine. That’s 496 cubic inches of big block torque, 455 ft-lbs of it with no turbo maintenance to deal with like the diesel counterparts. It’s backed by the proven Allison 5 speed automatic transmission. And it gets better. There is only 46k miles on this thing. It drives like new! Everything works: cold A/C, electronic (push button) 4 wheel drive, power windows, power door locks, and all the gauges. The factory radio has been replaced with a Bluetooth equipped Pioneer radio. It also has the shown Reese fifth wheel hitch and Sentinel trailer brake system. It’s ready to go! The truck is one owner and lived its life on the Colorado front-range. Colorado does not salt roads in the winter and you can tell by looking at the frame on this thing. It’s solid.
There is some minor body damage as you can see in the pictures, but the paint hasn’t been broken so it still looks presentable. Truck was parked overnight in the garage when it wasn't at a campground. Do not ask about the OEM tailgate, it had a mishap years ago and is not included. I left the layer of dust in the engine bay so you can see there are amazingly NO leaks! Carfax is available for your review when you come to inspect it. Asking $15,000.

81cpcamaro
81cpcamaro Dork
2/19/16 10:16 a.m.

Nice truck! That would serve someone well who needs to tow. BTW, 8.1L is 496 cid, not 472.

trucke
trucke Dork
2/19/16 10:34 a.m.
81cpcamaro wrote: Nice truck! That would serve someone well who needs to tow. BTW, 8.1L is 496 cid, not 472.

496 cid. Thanks! That's what I get for looking at a website for 8.1 liter specifications instead of just converting.

singleslammer
singleslammer UberDork
2/19/16 11:43 a.m.

Nice truck and I like that engine a lot. However, and I could be wrong, even at 46K miles, 15k may be pushing it with the body damage.

trucke
trucke Dork
2/19/16 12:34 p.m.
singleslammer wrote: Nice truck and I like that engine a lot. However, and I could be wrong, even at 46K miles, 15k may be pushing it with the body damage.

It will take me a few months to convince Mom of this. She wanted me to get the bodywork repaired, but that would be not present a good ROI. Mom did not even know about the door dent until I backed it out of the garage. Dad had it parked where she never saw it. In the meantime, I get to drive it.

chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi UltraDork
2/19/16 3:38 p.m.

I have the same exact truck in grey(and an extra 150k). Perfect truck.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
3jGzor13eEkcfQVZTNPUsjNMUVazy1vtLMmUKfKPg9KkPlqIvcx6iLVSnLmJnast