JShaawbaru
JShaawbaru New Reader
8/6/21 6:48 p.m.

Bad news for some of you who were trying very hard not to buy this car, it's back on the market, and 4-5 hours closer to some of the people who wanted to buy it. (it's now in Waterford, MI) If you're not familiar, here's a Link to the original ad. Keeping in line with the spirit of the car being free when I got it, I'll let it go for the closest offer to $200, which covers the parts I bought for it, and a little bit of my fuel and registration costs. I've had it a month and haven't really done anything with it, and I have too many other things to work on to see me getting around to doing anything with it anytime soon, and don't really have room for a vehicle that's going to sit indefinitely. Plus I'd like to see someone actually do something with it!

I do have a truck and trailer, so I can deliver within ~5 hours of here, for whatever the fuel costs.

As with the original sale ad, this is a GRM-exclusive sale, I don't have it posted anywhere else.

What have I done to it since picking it up?

• Replaced all the lugnuts that were permanently borrowed for another car (and still had a couple extra)
  • Replaced the competely dead hatch struts
  • Put a battery in it and got it running and drove it down the street
  • Found a second set of keys!
  • Cleaned 57 pounds of pine needles and lichen off it
  • Transferred the title into my name
  • Changed the air filter
  • Replaced all 3 windshield wipers
  • Replaced the antenna
  • Found a radiator leak, bought a new radiator, but it's not installed yet

I also have a valve cover gasket, cabin air filter, and oil filter that aren't installed. (If you actually wanted to drive it home I could certainly do an oil change before it goes.)

Bad things:

• AC is NOT working, unfortunately
  • Suspension is definitely shot as the PO said, I've never heard more noises from a car while driving below 20mph
  • Tires are bald or close to it. 
  • IMA battery is still dead, probably
  • Miles are still near 200k
  • Exhaust leak still exists, although I don't think it's that bad compared to some other things I've driven
  • Interior is still from a 20 year old econobox, it's certainly not in pristine condition. But I did find a passenger floormat from my old Insight, so that's in there now!

nderwater
nderwater UltimaDork
8/6/21 7:37 p.m.

Apparently these things will drive just fine with a Harbor Freight lawnmower engine, so it has that going for it laugh

BlueInGreen - Jon
BlueInGreen - Jon UltraDork
8/6/21 7:51 p.m.

Can't remember ever seeing one of these that wasn't silver!

I sent you a pm.

Indy "Nub" Guy
Indy "Nub" Guy PowerDork
8/6/21 8:01 p.m.

Put me next in line if BlueInGreen - Jon doesn't take it.

JShaawbaru
JShaawbaru New Reader
8/6/21 8:33 p.m.

In reply to BlueInGreen - Jon :

Didn't see anything in my inbox, so I sent you a PM. Hopefully it'll work from there. 

chandler
chandler UltimaDork
8/6/21 8:54 p.m.

I'll jump in line also. 

I can grab it this week.

BlueInGreen - Jon
BlueInGreen - Jon UltraDork
8/6/21 9:25 p.m.

In reply to JShaawbaru :

Got your email, and replied.

tmtf11
tmtf11 New Reader
8/6/21 10:24 p.m.

Lmao. All this car needed to be appealing was not being in the UP. Glad it is being passed along in this community.

Grtechguy
Grtechguy MegaDork
8/7/21 7:14 a.m.
tmtf11 said:

Lmao. All this car needed to be appealing was not being in the UP. Glad it is being passed along in this community.

Which is amazing.   The UP is beautiful.  I'll be camping near Gwinn next weekend with my sons

JShaawbaru
JShaawbaru New Reader
8/7/21 3:16 p.m.

It is sold! Jon just picked it up. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
30IUuMj2ekpY8F7CqqcZ42uR64aBfxyR1Eu2wBdGzher89OqIA50DPffj3GC4wfQ