NoBrakesRacing Reader
11/9/20 9:15 p.m.

2001 Lada Vázquez NMNA

Had never seen one

One too many zeroes in the price. 

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 SuperDork
11/9/20 9:57 p.m.

That won't be US legal for another 6 years. Looking at it I think the federal regulation is doing my eyes a favor. Aztec you have competition!

03Panther
03Panther Dork
11/9/20 11:03 p.m.

Actually, the look of the Aztec, as well as the Avalanche (and similar Honda) grew on me enough that they are tolerable. That, however, I hope never does!!!!

Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter)
Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
11/10/20 6:24 a.m.

"We think we can get texas title. Maybe."

Wow. At least they're honest theres no title and can't be a legal one obtained....

ddavidv
ddavidv PowerDork
11/10/20 6:31 a.m.

Old Fiat-based Ladas are cool in a "Let's make a marginal car worse" way. Nivas are cool because who wouldn't want a Russian Bronco II/Samurai? But this thing...ugh.

Aaron_King
Aaron_King GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
11/10/20 8:20 a.m.

The front has a Saturn look to it.

wae
wae UberDork
11/10/20 8:25 a.m.
TurnerX19 said:

That won't be US legal for another 6 years. Looking at it I think the federal regulation is doing my eyes a favor. Aztec you have competition!

I thought that I read that the regulations are that it can't enter the country at all until 25 years - so even if you stuck it in a warehouse until after its 25th build-date anniversary it still wouldn't be legal.

I would love to hear the story of how they came to be in possession of this one, though!

slowbird
slowbird SuperDork
11/10/20 8:33 a.m.

Needs to become a WTCC clone. Then you could get away with keeping it in the US as a show car or some such loophole probably.

barefootskater (Shaun)
barefootskater (Shaun) UberDork
11/10/20 8:48 a.m.

That thing looks like a Saab, a Tempo, and an Olds got together and partied just a little too much one evening. 
And they all regretted it afterwards. 

spacecadet (Forum Supporter)
spacecadet (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
11/10/20 9:23 a.m.
wae said:
TurnerX19 said:

I thought that I read that the regulations are that it can't enter the country at all until 25 years - so even if you stuck it in a warehouse until after its 25th build-date anniversary it still wouldn't be legal.

I would love to hear the story of how they came to be in possession of this one, though!

probably came into the USA via mexico and was registered there previously.

I see other parts of the world stuff on i-35 with mexico tags with semi regularity.

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 SuperDork
11/10/20 7:03 p.m.

The wheel arches on the WTCC car pretty much fixes the appearance problems too.

dxman92
dxman92 Dork
11/10/20 9:58 p.m.

I thought of this from the Simpsons when seeing it:

https://youtu.be/1HPVQ4FpVlY

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
p0Yn6eRG75O9Q2FK2ypamSs9DEGLagNhWBcVvmui4A88Hrt97SgfiViKvSQEApqt