Javelin (Forum Supporter)
Javelin (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/27/21 3:55 p.m.

I really do not want to do this. I love this car and bought it as my gift to myself for making it through grad school but my kids and my fiance's kids are getting bigger and they all deserve their own bedrooms. I have an estimate on having rooms added and it's more expensive than I thought and financing is tough because of everything right now (technically unemployed, not married yet, etc).

I have been a little apprehensive of it because it's so nice (and so expensive) but it needs nothing. The interior smells new, everything works, the paint glows, and the car drives like new. It has a few nice upgrades like a leather-wrapped rear divider, polished sill plates, and a stubby antenna. Has a high end car cover, two sets of floor mats, both keys and fobs, etc. Clean title in my name, three owners, full service history. This is a zero excuses car in a rare color in the right spec (HUD, no side spears).

If you would like to seriously discuss purchasing it, please get in touch. I'm having a hard enough time as it is.

Or if you're a loan person and can help me get financed, I would also love to talk.

spacecadet (Forum Supporter)
spacecadet (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
2/28/21 10:55 p.m.

In reply to Javelin (Forum Supporter) :

I missed this yesterday, I have a very good friend looking for something like this. I will send you a message so I can get the two of you in touch.

Flynlow (FS)
Flynlow (FS) HalfDork
3/1/21 8:46 a.m.
Javelin (Forum Supporter) said:

Or if you're a loan person and can help me get financed, I would also love to talk.

It may be more difficult because of the current job gap, but a few years ago I used PenFed to take out a loan against a car I already owned (ironically also a C5 Z06).  They called me up one day and said (paraphrasing), "You're a member in good standing, and we're offering 1.49% car loans, you should go buy a car!".  I asked them if they would loan me money against my current nice, paid-off car, and the guy said, "Hmm, no one's ever asked me that, let me ask my manager".  Came back a few minutes later and said no problem, mail us the title and we'll mail you a check.  I took out $20K at 1.49% for 5 years and invested it all in VTSAX. 

If you don't really want to sell the car, but just have a temporary cash-flow problem, something like that might work for you. 

Javelin (Forum Supporter)
Javelin (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/1/21 11:29 a.m.

In reply to Flynlow (FS) :

Hmmm, that's a good idea. Thank you!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
RLgBU1mnobeoap6eGnel84uwKioAniplrHbPuz2G0nUisb5wUfd6W3OuxAxzH7k4