1 2
AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter)
AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
3/29/22 6:39 p.m.

I am selling my bugeye 2002 Subaru RS.  It has about 155k miles on it and the drivetrain is almost all stock.  It runs and drives as expected and burns a little oil over the course of 1,000 miles (half qt estimate).  I've done around one dozen rallycross events in it and it does great.  It loves the experience.  The only mods are wheels, tires, short shifter (not stock legal; prepared), and a catback exhaust.  I also have a LSD for the rear end and STI steering rack and shaft (none installed).  I was going to do a full JDM rallycar conversion, but honestly it's way more expensive than just buying an STI. 

I will sell the car for $5k.  I've posted tons of photos of it in my wrongly named build thread.  I do not want to sell it until after April 10th (next rallycross in OK).  If I could sell it after April 10th and before June 1, that would be ideal.  If I have to move it with me in May / June I will probably keep it until I've located my STI.  I need the funds for the STI and my Camaro engine build. 

The wheels are forged Enkei 16x6.5s from a Saabaru WRX.  The tires are Bridgestone Potenza S007s with some highway miles and a dozen rallycross events on them on hard packed clay.  The car also has new struts KYB (OEMs) all around and new top rubber on all four corners.  It rides firm, but is on factory springs etc.  The catback is Stromung and sounds great.  It's not overly obnoxious, but you can hear the car when rallycrossing with a helmet on.  Their exhaust systems are beautiful, expensive, and sound great.  I will be putting on my STI when I get it.  The car also has rallyarmor mudflaps all around. 

This car is a rallycross driver.  It has many small dings, chips, scratches and imperfections that did not matter for my purposes.  If that matters to you, this is not the car for you.  It is a mostly rust free bugeye Subaru which are very hard to find.  It does not have the dreaded rear wheel arch rot. 

I do not have the stock tires or stock exhaust. 

The price is $5000 and pretty firm.  You will not replicate this car for less and this one is proven to be durable with plenty of eye witnesses including a few on this forum. 

3/30/22 12:08 a.m.

Lof8 - Andy
Lof8 - Andy GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/30/22 8:02 a.m.

where are you located?

3/30/22 2:13 p.m.

In reply to Lof8 - Andy :

Dallas, TX.

Hoondavan
Hoondavan HalfDork
3/30/22 11:12 p.m.

Wow, this exactly what I want & need.  TX is a bit far...and SWMBO will hate this...but this is exactly what I want and need.  Don't worry, I won't PM you unless I'm very serious.  

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
3/30/22 11:29 p.m.

I saw a 2-door RS the other day - looked nice  

3/30/22 11:50 p.m.
Datsun310Guy said:

I saw a 2-door RS the other day - looked nice  

They are amazingly cool.  If I were going to dump JDM conversion money into a Subie, it'd be a 98-01 2 door RS. 

5/6/22 5:54 p.m.

Okay more research has me convinced I need a WRX.  Price drop to $4000 as is.  I need this car gone to make room for a Wrex.  

FYI, the car is now located near Jackson, MS.  It drove here last night.  It has been driven 200+ miles to and from 12 rallycrosses, driven from AZ to TX, and TX to MS.  

My two gripes are front drivers strut noise only when turning right at slow speed, and AC that needs serviced.  It cools good at times and other times not so much.  It never cools great.

6/5/22 10:14 p.m.

Price drop $3750.  Bring your own wheels and tires $3000.  If I get my rally car first, I will pick the ugliest set of wheels of the lot and it'll be $3250.  If no one here wants it at this price, I will pull the decals myself and put it on Craigslist or maybe cars and bids low or no reserve (if they'd take it).  

SKJSS (formerly Klayfish)
SKJSS (formerly Klayfish) PowerDork
6/8/22 9:39 a.m.

Damn you!!!  This is precisely the car my soon to be 15 year old son wants for his first car.  I also know you're 100% up front about your cars, since I've bought one from you before.  But it's 6-8 months too early.  I can't really sit on it, as I don't have anywhere to put it and don't want to pay insurance on a car I'm not using.  Does someone want to "rent" it until New Years and then sell it to me? laugh

SKJSS (formerly Klayfish)
SKJSS (formerly Klayfish) PowerDork
6/8/22 8:13 p.m.

Anthony, shoot me an email or send me your number to text.  Let's talk.  Email skjss0307 at gmail.com

jdub13101
jdub13101 New Reader
6/12/22 5:29 p.m.

Anthony, please shoot me an email or send me your number to call/text.  Very interested in a fly'n'drive.  Thanks!

Email jdub13101 at yahoo dot com

rande
rande New Reader
6/12/22 5:59 p.m.

Sent a message last week.  Still haven't heard anything.

6/12/22 6:31 p.m.

I will take interior photos and post them shortly.  I was out of town last week and have been moving so lots of unpacking etc.  I'm going to TN in two weeks too.  

6/12/22 7:09 p.m.

Interior photos as it sits now and dirty from rallycross.  The drivers seat has bolster wear.  I'm not sure who did the leather but the PO says it's been there for decades.  Other than that it is standard serviceable Subaru.

6/13/22 2:37 p.m.

Getting the new rally Subaru in two weeks with about 5 sets of wheels and tires.  This car will get the ugliest set of them all and go on Craigslist if no one here wants it.  I don't have space for four hobby cars.  I have garage for 3 and driveway for the 3 dailies.  A 7th car is no bueno.  

LordHilux
LordHilux New Reader
6/13/22 8:43 p.m.

In reply to AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) :

Can't private message as I just joined the site but very interested. Could fly down Thursday.

6/14/22 9:45 a.m.

In reply to LordHilux :

You can e mail me direct at my first name plus gsmall at g mail, no dots spaces or anything like that.

I will be leaving town Monday for a week.

6/22/22 9:51 p.m.

I'm picking up the new rallycross car this weekend.  This thing needs to go!  I will be putting wheels from that deal on this car and it needs to move!  I will trade it straight up for a small flatbed car hauling trailer too.  If I sell it, I will probably be heading back to TX to buy a Big Tex basic car hauler for moving my new rallycross car. 

Buy my Subaru!  Rallycross!  Have fun!

Hoondavan
Hoondavan HalfDork
6/24/22 9:14 a.m.

I'd really like to buy it.  I'll have to circle back w SWMBO.  She really wants an SUV as our 2nd car...but with gas prices these days I still think a 4 cyl Subaru rally-x car is a practical alternative.  The timing is bad at the moment, way too much chaos in the household for the next few weeks...but if I think we can get our act together I'll give you a shout.

6/24/22 10:12 p.m.

Please do.  I'd love to see this car be rallycrossed more.  It has exceeded my expectations in so many ways.  I hate to see it go, but I need the room for the new car that I am acquiring tomorrow morning.  With the proceeds from this car, I am going to acquire a trailer. 

clownkiller
clownkiller HalfDork
6/27/22 10:35 a.m.

Bump.....Did you pick up your new rally car? 

6/27/22 2:39 p.m.

In reply to clownkiller :

Yes I did.  It needs a ton of cosmetic stuff to be right and some adjustments for new driver size to be raceable.  It'll get run hard this summer.  With it, I got 4.5 sets of wheels.  Im having tires put on 06-07 17s for this car to sell at $3500.  It needs to go and I need a trailer!

6/29/22 9:57 p.m.

Okay I have the rally car now.  I got a set of Subaru 2006 Impreza 17s with that car. I ordered Kuhmo all seasons and I will be keeping my Enkei 16s painted gold.  I will sell the car for $3500 with new 17s on well used Subaru wheels.  If no one wants it at that price, I will probably keep it.  After the 2k challenge, and the MR2 sells, I will probably Ute it.  The car is easily worth $4000 or more as is, and I've enjoyed it.  I see no reason to give it away.  If you want it, it's time to act because by the end of the year it will not be for sale.

caiden251
caiden251 New Reader
6/30/22 4:08 p.m.

I sent you a message. Definitely interested in the car so just get back with me when you can.

1 2
Our Preferred Partners
Uc0CO9EeukMJk2BVYa8CMJ2A32xyW4eRC8dlvi7Oh1EmQLv5c0OTUHKaxFWp64x6