rustybugkiller
rustybugkiller Dork
1/11/23 7:54 p.m.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/541715924665949/

02 Toyota MR2 spyder with the SMT. It shuts off as soon as you put it in reverse, can be moved forward but clutch seems to slip. Drove perfect until both issues happened one day, has been sitting ever since. Throwing code p1646 and p1647 for transmission. Will need trailered. Rust hole on drivers side floor pan. Project car or would make for a good parts car, all panels are straight and top is in fantastic shape. Clean title in hand See less

dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
1/11/23 8:57 p.m.

Yeah, I'm gonna have to borrow my wife's Facebook account and see if I can pick that up this weekend. Might not last that long. 

Puddy46
Puddy46 Reader
1/12/23 12:36 p.m.
dculberson said:

Might not last that long. 

Looks like it didn't.  Hope you were the one to obtain it. 

pres589 (djronnebaum)
pres589 (djronnebaum) UltimaDork
1/12/23 1:25 p.m.

Is that price really all that great given the issues listed?  Is the SMT desirable?  I'm guessing it isn't... 

dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
1/12/23 3:19 p.m.

Unfortunately, no I wasn't the one to get it. The SMT sucks really bad, but the transmission itself is a standard manual transmission with stuff bolted to the outside to automate it. You can use regular M/T Spyder parts to retrofit a shifter, clutch pedal, etc. My plan was to buy an IAAI auction car for the parts, but I wasn't successful in getting the car so it's moot.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
32qEAjMYydSdItHMhlTAUysCmBZwdMOtm2DyCrPYoXr4vyJdO6HjkW2LMZIxqToN