pchois
pchois New Reader
7/9/13 11:53 a.m.

This is a 2003 MazdaSpeed Protege, 110k miles. As you can see it is track ready. Only selling it because I'm dealing with family issues and I need the money. Car runs perfectly. National TTD champion with NASA. The car is fast, you just need to learn to drive it.

FEATURED IN THE MAY EDITION OF GRM! GO TO PAGE 100

http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/freemay14grm/

Since I got it I put new front bearings (Mazda original parts, no cheap replacements), low mileage drive shafts and a passenger seat with 5 point harness. A few things were removed (fire bottle) and relocated, but I still have everything. The car is located in Cleveland, OH always kept in a garage.

I am asking $6,000. It is a very reasonable price considering the mods, current state and the extras you will receive:

• 2 spare engine blocks
  • spare pistons, rods, water pump
  • splitter for the front
  • wing for the rear
  • original internals for the KSport coilovers (they were rebuilt due to wear and to match the new springs)
  • original KSport springs
  • extra spoiler and front grill
  • 2 sets of 15x8 ROTA slipstream wheels, each set has 225/45/15 Hoosier A6 mounted (80% and 90% left) - the car sits on a set of 16' wheels with old tires
  • 1 set of 215/45/17 Star Specs mounted on MSP wheels
  • extra hood
  • stock intercooler
  • other random parts

The only thing the car needs is 1 new wheel stud on the front right side (included with new lug nuts). Contact me for more pictures, video or questions. 440-804-4236 or pablo.chois@gmail.com

Current mods:

Suspension \ Chassis 6 point Self-Fabricated Roll Cage KSport Coilovers 500 lb/in Front Springs; 850 lb/in Rear Springs AWR Adjustable 21 mm Rear Swaybar AWR Front Endlinks AWR Motor Mounts

Wheels & Tires \ Brakes Hoosier A6 Tires (225/45/15) 15x8 Rota Slipstream Wheels, 40mm offset (2 sets, blue and black) Carbotech XP-12 front brake pads Carbotech AX-6 Rear Brake Pads Steel Braded Brake Lines ATE Super Blue Brake Fluid Summit Brake Proportioning Valve ARP Wheel Studs

Engine AWR Oil Pan Injen Intake Self-Fabricated airbox with headlight inlet Hardpipes Front Mount Intercooler Corksport 2.4" S and J pipes 2.5" Catless Midpipe Self-Fabricated Midpipe-back Exhaust Split Second Air Fuel Controller Fidanza Aluminum Flywheel Exedy Stage 1 Clutch

Interior Short shifter Mazdaspeed shift knob RCI 6-point Harness Ultrashield Pro Road Race Seat Mesh Window Net Self-Fabricated Seat Mount Odyssey Battery, Relocated to Passenger Side Floor SPA Fire Suppression System Autometer Boost, Oil Pressure and Oil Temp gauges Longacre HOT LAP (lap timer)

Exterior Self-Fabricated Front Bumper and Tow Hook Carbon Fiber Hood with heat extraction holes Lexan Windshield Lexan Side Windows Self-Fabricated Airdam and Undertray Aluminum rear spoiler

Removed Seats Door Trim Side Windows Carpet Stereo Airbags HVAC Air Conditioning Interior Trim Sound Deadening Muffler Anything Else Not Needed

Protege2886
Protege2886 Reader
7/9/13 11:56 a.m.

I followed the original build for this on mazdas247 - great ride. GLWS

SlickDizzy
SlickDizzy GRM+ Memberand UberDork
7/9/13 12:24 p.m.

Lots of car for the money, for sure! Might be interested when I sell the E46...

sachilles
sachilles SuperDork
7/9/13 7:42 p.m.

What s the spec on the cage? Tubing type and diameter?

pchois
pchois New Reader
7/10/13 7:19 a.m.

Tubing is 1.5 x .095 DOM mild steel

pchois
pchois New Reader
7/24/13 2:56 p.m.

Still available, will take a reasonable offer or keep some of the extras.

chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi Dork
7/25/13 8:26 p.m.

Good luck; watched your maintenance thread on 24/7.

JtspellS
JtspellS Dork
7/25/13 9:08 p.m.

GLWS, would make a mention this would all fit perfectly in my Rally-x/DD P5 but this is too nice to break up!!

pchois
pchois New Reader
8/9/13 7:08 a.m.

Still available.

pchois
pchois New Reader
9/3/13 10:30 p.m.

Car is still available

corytate
corytate SuperDork
9/3/13 11:39 p.m.

thats alot of car for the money. These things are fun stock, I'd imagine set up like that it'd be fantastic

pchois
pchois New Reader
3/25/14 11:09 a.m.

Car is still available, featured in the May edition of GRM (page 100).

http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/freemay14grm/

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
oir2YnP8HI1Sbkge5xECZujBhSgWFwEh7tkuIB7PHkS0ZKPhhegLCJMzoOslZAc6