ricbri69
ricbri69 New Reader
2/17/20 9:49 p.m.

SOLD

Up for sale is my 2003 Mini Cooper S with 136k miles. I bought this in summer of 2018 from a forum member; PO had bought it in need of repair, which was all done by a certified BMW mechanic. At the time, the car had a new head gasket installed, supercharger rebuilt by a professional (Dustin at AutoXcooper) with a 15% pulley installed, as well as new thermostat and housing, water pump, radiator, belts, hoses, and plugs.

He got the car put together but had to sell it due to health issues. I purchased the vehicle and did several mods and minor repairs to really boost the supercharger whine and performance. Since 6/18, I have replaced the front speakers and CD player (BT capable Pioneer), the throttle body gasket, lower supercharger intake gasket, IC boots, intake to IC horn gasket, intake manifold gasket, coolant reservoir, CAS sensor o-ring, serpentine belt, injector o-rings. For upgrades, I’ve added an Autometer boost gauge, lightweight crank pulley, ALTA intake, and VGS mod. I also have most of the original parts, as well as some extras like a car cover, serpentine belt tool, etc. that I can throw in with the car.

Overall, car is in good shape for a 17 year old vehicle. No CEL’s or known performance issues. She runs like a top and is a blast to drive. I’d have no issue driving it across the country today, and would get 30 MPG doing it.

The car does have a few minor issues; all are easily fixable, but never bothered me enough to address. Both door lock actuators are not functioning, so they would need repaired or replaced if you don’t want to use the key in the door like I do. Leather on driver’s seat shows some wear and has a ripped stitch, which could easily be repaired or recovered if you wanted. Other than that, it’s just typical wear and tear, minor paint chips, etc. that go along with the age of the vehicle.

I’m asking $xxfor the car. Not looking for any trades, just cash. Willing to work with the right buyer.  I’m located in Middletown, DE, close to Philly, Baltimore, Jersey, DC area.

Caprigrip
Caprigrip New Reader
2/20/20 1:25 a.m.

Any idea of if any overheating occurred for the po when head gasket was replaced?

ricbri69
ricbri69 New Reader
2/20/20 6:26 a.m.

In reply to Caprigrip :

Unfortunately I do not. I believe he bought it in need of repair so he probably didn't have all of the info on what had happened up to that point. 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
2/20/20 2:39 p.m.

I'm not too far away from this car if anybody wants third-party eyes on it.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltimaDork
2/20/20 3:58 p.m.

Me likely.  

Me commissions down the past three months.  

Me can't buy this.  

Me sad.   

NoviceClass
NoviceClass New Reader
2/21/20 12:45 a.m.

Looks great.

In just a year or two these will start to reach  "Classic" status at 20 years old, seems impossible.

Clean examples have probably bottomed on value.

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
2/21/20 5:39 a.m.

In reply to NoviceClass :

My ex- is looking forward to when she can put classic tags and insurance on her 2003 MCS she purchased new.  She doesn't plan to ever sell it.  It's got over 100K miles on it (it was her DD for a number of years), but she is neurotic about keeping her cars clean, so it still looks nearly new.

ricbri69
ricbri69 New Reader
2/21/20 8:09 a.m.

Thanks all. It really is a fun little car, and the whine of the supercharger is addicting. I'm only selling it because my family has grown too big to fit in it (surprise baby #3) and I'm trying to raise funds to get my pilots license...

BlueInGreen - Jon
BlueInGreen - Jon SuperDork
2/21/20 11:17 a.m.

Yum. It’s the right color, wheels, and everything.

Anyone want to buy a GM b body wagon and a rallycross Neon so I can buy my wife’s dream car?

Saron81
Saron81 Reader
2/21/20 11:54 a.m.

If it was that light blue color... I'd be calling.

My wife loved these when they came out!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
FqSNFzlEA5521bzuIFLNBuDuzzn8Pz1MaeX2hxXYOAaPAgG3DK8O6YyGkPcTAoDy