slowbird
slowbird SuperDork
9/27/20 7:16 p.m.

Anyone want a total piece of crap? It's my mom's car and the underneath is allegedly pretty rusty. Ran when parked etc. The brake line blew a leak due to rust. The exhaust rusted apart and then flailed around under the car somehow and punctured the plastic gas tank. I could get pictures when it's not dark out. Not in the mood to crawl under it though.

Dunno how much it's worth in scrap, they lost the title so it's harder to get a yard to take it. Bit of a long shot here but we just want this thing out of our sight. 

Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter)
Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
9/27/20 8:25 p.m.

Oof. Want/need, but logistics....

You don't happen to live next door to chandler or Patrick,  do you?

Patrick (Forum Supporter)
Patrick (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/27/20 8:29 p.m.

Should be a 3400 by then.  Scrap cars are around 1.2 cents per pound here right now.  

slowbird
slowbird SuperDork
9/27/20 9:16 p.m.

In reply to Patrick (Forum Supporter) :

Whoops you're right, it would be a 3.4L then. I only remembered it's not the bigger 3.8.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) :

Not next to, but within a couple hours of Patrick's house. I don't have a way of towing it there though.

03Panther
03Panther Dork
9/28/20 1:45 a.m.

I’m a fan of the Buick 231 90deg. V6 that grew up into 3800’s. But the 60 deg. Derivatives get some love here, so your in the right place. If it was a southern car I’d prolly drive a bit for it anyway,  but , I’m no help at this point. Good luck. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
25p06Hbi2oHMntGxKvPoYRN2agBdIwI0GeEA558RllfgePiNuGNg8I5NAR2jM0wQ