russ_mill
russ_mill Reader
8/27/21 3:11 p.m.

Hi all, I'm selling my TL as it gets little use, and I'll be moving fairly soon. 
It's a 2004 with 210k miles.
6 speed manual with the front Bremno Calipers. It's known as the "Type-S" of 2004, since they didn't make a type S that year.

It's in great mechanical shape, and I would drive it anywhere. In fact this year I did and took it from Columbus Ohio to Montana for a week to hit a bunch of ski resorts I've been wanting to try. Side note- I did that spur of the moment trip because a surgery was coming up and rehab was going to be long... I don't suggest trying to drive it through huge mountains in snow storms, but it does great in Ohio lol.
It comes with a stack of maintenance records starting at 7k miles. My brother owned it since 50k and took good care of it, and I have owned it since 163k, and I have replaced A LOT of parts. 

Recent Maintenance:

Always up to date oil changes.

Trans drain and fill with Amsoil at 183k, GM synchromesh at 200k.

Full suspension refresh at 198k. Includes Megan Racing EZ 2 Street coilovers on all 4s, new front upper and lower control arms with all new bushings and ball joints (using Sanskrit 555 lower ball joints), rear control/toe arms, all new hardware anywhere I replaced a part, and finished with an alignment and balance. 

Timing belt, water pump, tensioner at 197k. 

6 spark plugs (NKG Iridium), 1 ignition coil that looked suspicious, and new PCV valve at 196k.

New front tie rod Ends (passenger at 195k, driver at 141k).

Moog sway bar end links at 193k.

XLR8 engine torque damper at 193k that cleared up any jolting on acceleration as the OEM was shot! 

Draw Tite trailer hitch (I think good for ~150lns tongue weight- I used it for my mountain bike  

New Sentry UHP tires at 184k (well that's not so new for tires but I do like them- they balance well, have reasonable traction, and are quiet).

Faux leather front seat covers around 170k. The originals were falling apart. 

All this, along with all the usual fluid changes, brakes, etc over the years. As I said- stack of maintenance 

$3k to a GRMer, located in Delaware Ohio.

Next post will be blemishes, I just fear this post is too long!

russ_mill
russ_mill Reader
8/27/21 3:24 p.m.

Now for Blemishes, and oddities. The paint is certainly not perfect, but there's only one rust spot. It's on the trunk, and I was unsure of how I wanted to repair it. 

Im anal about creaks and rattles, and there was one above the headliner... so there's  no more headliner

Although you do get stickers of my travel path through Montana lol. 

Speaking of Montana- on my drive back I went off-road into a snow bank and this resulted

No airbags deployed,etc, and after getting towed out, I took it to a car wash, sprayed it off, and went straight to a Honda dealer where they checked it for any issues.. All was well so I just came home with no other incident.

There is a single rust spot that ate through the metal underneath. I sanded off any loose metal and sprayed the whole area with cosmoline last winter. It looks like the cosmoline slowed any advancement of rust. There are a lot of pictures in this thread:

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/build-projects-and-project-cars/bettie-the-corvettie-fast-car-slow-build-c5-z06/143872/page3/

On page 3 I buy the car, and many updates since.  

oh, no E-brake because the hardware was too rusted, so I removed it all and park it in first. I personally have never had any problems with that, but I live in a flat area too. 

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman SuperDork
8/27/21 5:59 p.m.

I'd consider this for a challenge build if given the opportunity. 

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/28/21 9:11 a.m.

Odyssey swap

sleepyhead the buffalo
sleepyhead the buffalo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
8/28/21 6:01 p.m.
Robbie (Forum Supporter) said:

Odyssey swap

MDX is better... but, there might be ECU issues

russ_mill
russ_mill Reader
8/28/21 6:37 p.m.

In reply to Andy Neuman :

Well that would be cool, but challenge price is a little low! 

russ_mill
russ_mill Reader
9/11/21 9:05 a.m.

Bump and price drop to 2500. May offer to mr. Neumann at challenge price so I don't have to deal with Craigslist lol. 

Aaron_King
Aaron_King GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/11/21 10:03 a.m.

I didn't realize there was another Delawarean in here. 

SKJSS (formerly Klayfish)
SKJSS (formerly Klayfish) PowerDork
9/14/21 4:54 p.m.

How do I reach you?  The PM thing doesn't work for me.  What's your e-mail?

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman SuperDork
9/18/21 6:30 a.m.
russ_mill said:

Bump and price drop to 2500. May offer to mr. Neumann at challenge price so I don't have to deal with Craigslist lol. 

If you make this decision let me know. Currently I'm bidding on anything of interest on copart or local deals. I have $1800 for you. Email me at Neuman . Andy at Gmail

RedGT
RedGT Dork
10/18/21 7:55 a.m.

Sent you a PM.  Have been looking for one of these.  Even if the car is sold, what seat covers are those?  They look to fit really well and as you know the front seats get trashed on many of these cars.

simontibbett
simontibbett Reader
10/18/21 9:17 a.m.

Did it sell?

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Pwt7xOIvattAe02BQiYvrMh5IDJG82dDoDjHw7i0qSSPex5FOPKRU4Ez9VcmKsXw