Duke
Duke MegaDork
10/17/19 11:15 a.m.

NOT MINE ABSOLUTELY NOT EVEN THE SMALLEST AFFILIATION

"Blown headgasket due to timing issues".  Yeah, well, when the head is in chunks because you let the timing chain break, I bet you have headgasket problems.  I don't know if that is actually the case, I'm just reading between the lines.

Still, it's an Avant for $750.  Go crazy.

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
10/17/19 11:48 a.m.

yeah, sounds like LS swap time

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) UltimaDork
10/17/19 1:53 p.m.

It's not an S6 it's an Allroad.  And I was under the impression that era 4.2 used a timing belt on the front of the motor, not that absurd "back of the engine chain that looks like a Swis watch" setup.  Not that it matters, the motor needs to be pulled either way.

There are enough A8s around with blown transmissions you might find a donor without too much trouble.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
10/17/19 3:31 p.m.

In reply to KyAllroad (Jeremy) :

Yeah, I clued the guy in on the whole S6 thing.  It's his niece's car and he's disposing of it for her.  He doesn't really know anything about it or Audis.  I gave him tips on cleaning up the ad a little.

Dave M
Dave M Reader
10/17/19 9:29 p.m.

"Good Condition" LOL, assume the maintenance position.

dherr
dherr GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
10/22/19 4:09 p.m.

You should also give him the "tip" to not use Craigslist quality photos in his ad smiley How do people expect to sell a car with such crappy photos is beyond me! But I do see it is gone, so I guess at this price it does not matter....

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
MWD78kxuKnbCLfCrNUVz7PQ18RjC5YtQl8wLE1zj4631ZCBYAS7qCdB4ca2D8ste