hobiercr
hobiercr GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/29/19 10:42 a.m.

NMNA - This could be had for Challenge money and there are threads here that iirc deal with this exact issue.

CL link

Seller says:

"I have a 2004 Crossfire had it for last 11 yrs. Bought with 67,000 miles on it, now has just over 107,000. Its a black 2 dr coupe,w/ grey interior. 6 cylinder ,6 spd, a/c, Sony cd/am/fm/usb explode stereo w/4 sony spkers & remote. Dark tinted power windows,power seats,heated seats,cruise control,dual airbags,Body&motor are in good condition. Fairly new tires. Replaced 12 plugs and wires recently. Also crankshaft position sensor, year old battery,new starter switch. Has a aftermarket chrome grille. Asking $2100.00 . Car engine runs great. Right now there is a issue between key ignition,skreem module and starter. The car shut off at a stop and will not start. Turn on ignition and everything comes on fine, lights,instruments, stereo,a/c,fans,fuel pump, etc.but no sound from starter. OBDII Computer will not read past ignition switch. There are a few interior issues like the headliner material has come down,but the hard original shell still in great shape.seats show slight wear but no tears or rips. Awesome car for someone with ability and wants a project. I have had several back surgeries and it's hard for me to get in and out of car or work on car, being so low to the ground. Someone who is familiar with the Chrysler/Mercedes crossfire could probably fix it with little trouble and have a nice ride. I'm just in need of something bigger and dont have time or ability to work on it now. If you are serious or have real questions please contact me thanks for looking."

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
8/29/19 11:08 a.m.

Wow.... Parking lot gastropod build anyone?

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy PowerDork
8/29/19 11:23 a.m.

Paging John Welsch . . .

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
8/29/19 4:20 p.m.

In reply to Indy-Guy :

Yes, I have waxed on about cheap Crossfires in the past.

But, I still hold to my original statement... 

The biggest thing that keeps me from really perusing a Crossfire as a Challenger is that I really don't want to own a Crossfire. devil​​​​​​

All that said, I do think a Crossfire (the right Crossfire) is an easy path to a top 10 finish at The Challenge 

More chatter

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) UltimaDork
8/30/19 10:26 a.m.

There is a dented runner local to me.  Is there a path to Crossfire Kart with a 2006 6 speed manual?  Asking price is $1200, might be able to snag it for a grand and start cutting away parts.

Justjim75
Justjim75 Dork
8/30/19 1:39 p.m.

Since this is NMNA,  my best friend, the former MB dealership mechanic says its a $2500 fix 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
DNGfhIw5dveGgeNevzlQKVqxI1x1Uyj3Qa3ljwYRVBS4pGPyuX4SUDrU0RbPOChK