1 2 3
Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy PowerDork
8/21/19 6:28 a.m.

In reply to white_fly :

Outstanding.

Have you seen a pic of the damaged area yet?  How receptive do you think he is to low offer of say..... $1500?

Grab it, enjoy it for a year, and then bring it to next year's Challenge.  Seems like the smart thing to do wink

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ PowerDork
8/21/19 6:38 a.m.
white_fly said:

As I started contemplating possible liveries, I realized the challenge is next weekend and I won't be home until the weekend after.

Uh... what?  It's two months away!

slowbird
slowbird Reader
8/21/19 8:55 a.m.

In reply to ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ :

I admit, I did a double take like, "oh crap is it that soon already? I'm not prepared"

white_fly
white_fly HalfDork
8/21/19 2:19 p.m.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:
white_fly said:

As I started contemplating possible liveries, I realized the challenge is next weekend and I won't be home until the weekend after.

I am dumb and wrong. As it turns out, although August is the eighth month, it is, in fact, not October.

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy PowerDork
8/21/19 7:02 p.m.
white_fly said:
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:
white_fly said:

I am dumb and wrong. As it turns out, although August is the eighth month, it is, in fact, not October.

Does this now mean you're able to make it to the challenge?

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
8/21/19 7:18 p.m.

In reply to white_fly :

It's your fault that I'll now confuse October as the 8th month for the rest of my life. 

RedGT
RedGT Dork
8/22/19 7:48 a.m.

oh geez it's a good thing that isn't local.  I have been eyeing these for a while.  I think curtis was trying to buy one too?

What's a nonack-drive from CA cost these days?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ PowerDork
8/22/19 7:56 a.m.

In reply to RedGT :

You fly me out to it and drive me home (or pick it up at my place) after I get back, so depends on the cost of plane tickets.

white_fly
white_fly HalfDork
8/22/19 9:17 a.m.
Indy-Guy said:
white_fly said:
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:
white_fly said:

That's the plan!

white_fly
white_fly HalfDork
8/22/19 9:18 a.m.
Stampie said:

In reply to white_fly :

It's your fault that I'll now confuse October as the 8th month for the rest of my life. 

Blame the Caesars!

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy PowerDork
8/22/19 8:20 p.m.
white_fly said:
Indy-Guy said:
white_fly said:
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:
white_fly said:

That's the plan!

Well.......?

I know you were scheduled to go look at it tonight.....

Where's the build thread?

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy PowerDork
8/22/19 10:12 p.m.

Just got a message from white_fly. He's going to buy it!

Easy fix:

slowbird
slowbird Reader
8/22/19 10:23 p.m.

We're well on our way to "Spec Jaguar" being the next big thing. laugh

yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
8/22/19 10:33 p.m.

Well, I should be able to easily sell my XJR on GRM whenever that happens.

white_fly
white_fly HalfDork
8/22/19 11:56 p.m.

So, I met George tonight. Very cool dude, significant amateur racing experience. The car is exceptionally nice for the mileage (160k) and the fender could easily be run at the challenge as-is. I wasn't able to go for a test drive today, but after seeing how the car appears to have been pampered, starts up right away after having sat for a while and blows cold a/c, I'm completely sold. The only apparent issues are old tires and a non-fuctioning coolant level sensor. 

I would love to talk him down on the price, but the car is worth significantly more than is being asked and George is just a super nice guy. I'm considering buying the car and wheels separately. The wheels are quite desirable in the Jaguar community, worth as much as half the asking price of the car on their own. If I was entering the regular challenge, I wouldn't think twice about it. Since I want to enter in the Gastropod class, I'm less clear on whether that's within the spirit of the event. What does everyone think?

white_fly
white_fly HalfDork
8/23/19 9:51 a.m.

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy PowerDork
8/23/19 10:01 a.m.

In reply to white_fly :

Drool.

That's nice!  He even cared enough to store it with the windshield shade in place.  That is/was a well cared for cat.

And you're right, those are nice looking wheels!

See you in October!

Aaron_King
Aaron_King GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
8/23/19 10:40 a.m.

Jealous. 

Cotton
Cotton PowerDork
8/24/19 5:10 p.m.

Very nice.  Had we not been in the middle of moving I would have bought it.

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy PowerDork
8/24/19 5:12 p.m.

In reply to Cotton :

There will be more....

I've got my eye on grabbing another one, so I'll post up the next one I find too.

Timing wasn't right or I would have grabbed this one

white_fly
white_fly HalfDork
8/24/19 5:44 p.m.

The Jag is mine!

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy PowerDork
8/24/19 7:56 p.m.
white_fly said:

The Jag is mine!

OUT-BERKING-STANDING ! !

I want to hear your report of your driving impressions.

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
8/24/19 8:08 p.m.

I hope you paid separately for the wheels. Buying well is half the Challenge as they say. 

BlueInGreen - Jon
BlueInGreen - Jon SuperDork
8/24/19 8:14 p.m.

Very nice. You all have made me  want one of these cars bad.

Like, given the opportunity I’d trade my two cars to have one. And that’s saying a lot because I really like my wagon.

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy PowerDork
8/24/19 8:17 p.m.
BlueInGreen - Jon said:

Very nice. You all have made me  want one of these cars bad.

Like, given the opportunity I’d trade my two cars to have one. And that’s saying a lot because I really like my wagon.

You will not be disappointed.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Fs3cmIQvuvdlMQfOfwL7TyuQsYPwBcHxeV7ny2nq1Jwu4VqmQJv7znFDlPk35H6B