1 2 3
HoserRacing
HoserRacing HalfDork
9/6/21 8:06 p.m.

Nobody has staked a claim, so still available.  What year Subaru?

Justjim75
Justjim75 SuperDork
9/6/21 8:42 p.m.

05 Legacy GT Limited 5 speed wagon, triple black.  157ish k on odo but like most Subarus the engine and trans have been replaced since new.

Justjim75
Justjim75 SuperDork
9/6/21 8:45 p.m.

If it helps encourage you, if I can get the Tahoe and a little cash I can buy an e36 convertible with a 5 speed, LSD and a 4.4 rear diff.

For a Challenge legal price

HoserRacing
HoserRacing HalfDork
9/7/21 7:25 p.m.

I like the wagon, but it didn't pass the daughter test.  She is the next up for a car, and even though I've been through 4 Subarus already, she didn't want a 5 speed as a full time driver while learning to drive. 

Justjim75
Justjim75 SuperDork
9/8/21 9:16 a.m.

Fair enough, thanks for asking 

In reply to Justjim75 :

Tell me more about this legacy GT

In reply to HoserRacing :

And while I'm asking for more info, I guess I kinda need to know about any body rust, if the Yukon has been a lifetime Southern truck, does it smell like ass inside, etc.

Justjim75
Justjim75 SuperDork
9/8/21 11:34 p.m.

Angry out of respect to Hoser and his for sale thread, I will PM you.

P3PPY
P3PPY GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/9/21 6:20 a.m.

Having never driven one of these full time, is it unadvisable to pull AWD donuts in the snow with something this big/tall?

P3PPY said:

Having never driven one of these full time, is it unadvisable to pull AWD donuts in the snow with something this big/tall?

The risk is in tripping it over something when sliding sideways. The snow donuts themselves are low risk because there's not enough grip at the tire to make it tip. 

HoserRacing
HoserRacing HalfDork
9/9/21 6:39 a.m.

In reply to AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) :

No rust, as far as I know, always been a southern truck.  No bad smells, I was using it going back and forth to races when towing, or my buddy borrowing it when his crap broke.  I would hope in it and go cross country if I needed to.  I did quite a bit of maintenance on it when I bought it, because I was planning on going to a lot more races.  Work interferred with the race schedule, and now I'm in that get rid of stuff I'm not actively using mode.  I'm trying to thin things out so that all of my crap fits in my shop or under my metal shed.  Leather is in better shape than I would have expected, not shredded like a lot that you see, it's a 17 year old Yukon, so far from perfect, but a lot better than some 5-10 year old vehicles I've seen.  

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/9/21 10:31 p.m.

Man it is tempting but I just can't stomach the MPG hit. 

DrBoost
DrBoost MegaDork
9/10/21 4:42 a.m.

I'm interested, just not sure if I can make the timing and location jive. I just drove through Atlanta 11 days ago. Had I known it was there, it might be here now. 
what's the GVWR and tow rating on it?

HoserRacing
HoserRacing HalfDork
9/10/21 8:14 a.m.

GVWR is 7,000 lbs, and tow rating is 8,000 lbs.  

Justjim75
Justjim75 SuperDork
9/10/21 11:32 a.m.
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) said:

Man it is tempting but I just can't stomach the MPG hit. 

My LGT got 21.7 mpg on my 1350 mile trip.   Pulling a 5x8 with a scooter and a Sportster on it.

Sorry Hoser, I just really want the Tahoe and I'm not far from you

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/10/21 12:06 p.m.

Mama tells me my fleet is settled for the next 8 months, and she's right. I just can't make myself stop looking!

Justjim75
Justjim75 SuperDork
9/10/21 12:26 p.m.

Hoser I PMed you my cell

HoserRacing
HoserRacing HalfDork
9/10/21 12:40 p.m.

Just sent you a text Jim :)  And yep, that's why I love my Outback, 21-22 around town, haul a small trailer, even used it to tow an empty car hauler, 28 on the road.  

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/10/21 1:36 p.m.

Don't know why y'all haven't bought this yet. I almost sent him $3000 and I don't even need it.

Justjim75
Justjim75 SuperDork
9/10/21 1:46 p.m.

In reply to Stampie :

I'm over halfway there, spot me $1250?

Wanna buy a Harley or Subaru?  Trades considered, especially if they are 2 door rag tops with rwd and a stick

Mr. Lee
Mr. Lee GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/10/21 1:58 p.m.

In reply to Justjim75 :

whaat kind of subaru? I've got a 96 miata here that I could sweeten the pot with

P3PPY
P3PPY GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/10/21 3:08 p.m.
HoserRacing said:

Just sent you a text Jim :)  And yep, that's why I love my Outback, 21-22 around town, haul a small trailer, even used it to tow an empty car hauler, 28 on the road.  

What year Outback is that?

Justjim75
Justjim75 SuperDork
9/10/21 8:08 p.m.

In reply to Mr. Lee :

Details above with a pic.  A Yukon AWD and a Miata is the stable I'd like to care for

HoserRacing
HoserRacing HalfDork
9/10/21 9:12 p.m.

In reply to P3PPY :

Mine is a 2017. Third one I've had, love them. It's the Miata of crossovers lol. 

HoserRacing
HoserRacing HalfDork
9/10/21 9:16 p.m.

In reply to Mr. Lee :

Lol just had that three way trade image in my head.  You trade with Jim, then he trades with me lol. Miata might convince daughter to DD a five speed. She's already mad at me for getting rid of the '95 and then the '99 I had. She had laid claim to them and now she's laying claim to my Z4 and my brother's C8 lol

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
wCuZlcTz8crqDz11BYhznvji3S6ajmBRtieNPzbFE4kJ4SvxXVUR3SFD48QOOqmy