Scott Lear
Scott Lear
9/20/15 10:19 a.m.

NOTICE: ABOVE PHOTO IS FROM A FEW YEARS AGO, WILL POST CURRENT PIX SOON

Getting things in a position to sell my beloved IS300 in mid-October. Figured I'd give the GRM board an early crack at interest since this car is begging for another enthusiast to take the reigns. Getting a can't-refuse offer on a newer family car, so gotta make room. I've owned this car since it had about 36,000 miles, purchased in 2009. Savannah Mist Metallic (sparkly beige), tan alcantara/leather interior, super rare factory five-speed with B01B-code helical gear limited-slip differential. Currently 87,500 miles on the clock.

A few motnhs ago I replaced the timing belt, water pump, accessory belt and tensioner. Car is stock except for aggressive street pads (I think they're Porterfield R4S), a K&N filter, and half-worn ContiExtremeContact DW rubber. Factory 6-speed disc changer failed a year or so ago, replaced with a Pioneer bluetooth head unit that can stream from phone or off a USB stick, also wired for hands-free phone operation now.

The paint on the upper surface of the front and rear bumpers is a bit weathered from Florida living. The dashboard endured the common IS300 problem of surface gooey-ness, I removed the gunk from the smooth portions of the dash so it's not deep black in those places, but it's no longer sticky to the touch. A bit of the gunk had already stained the A-pillar airbag covers where they touch the dash. A couple minor paint chips and dings, but it's never been in a collision. Mechanically it is in superior condition. Drives arrow-straight, Lexus quiet, it's a perfect daily driver that is relaxing when you want it to be and a terrific dance partner when you turn up the fun a bit. 2JZ-GE has ample thrust, I was always tempted to grab somebody's old Supra Turbo boost setup and throw it on there, the platform is fun in stock form, would be a riot with some added power.

Attached photo is from when I purchased it, I need to give it a quick bath and a vacuum and post some new photos, but wanted to get the ball rolling here before I open up interest to the masses. Contact scott (dot) lear at gmail (dot) com if interested.

EDIT: Derp, it's common to post an asking price when selling a car, isn't it. Located near Daytona Beach. Asking $10,500

Scott Lear
Scott Lear
9/20/15 7:33 p.m.

Behold, current photos. 2005 Lexus IS 300 for sale.

sesto elemento
sesto elemento Dork
9/20/15 8:51 p.m.

glows I love my IS(s), hugely under rated cars, anvil reliable, comfy, with drifty goodness!

84FSP
84FSP HalfDork
9/21/15 8:20 p.m.

Loved my old IS... Great balance of sport and pimp. Did need about 40 more hp that I never got around to giving it...

Cooper_Tired
Cooper_Tired Reader
9/21/15 8:33 p.m.
84FSP wrote: Loved my old IS... Great balance of sport and pimp. Did need about 40 more hp that I never got around to giving it...

Here's your chance!

Lof8
Lof8 GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
9/21/15 8:36 p.m.

I've always liked these. Glws.

classicJackets
classicJackets Reader
9/22/15 9:14 a.m.

About 2 years too early for me. Looks beautiful, glws!

Scott Lear
Scott Lear
9/22/15 3:12 p.m.

Sold! Thanks for interest. And I'm an idiot, it's a 2004 :)

sesto elemento
sesto elemento Dork
9/24/15 4:52 p.m.
84FSP wrote: Loved my old IS... Great balance of sport and pimp. Did need about 40 more hp that I never got around to giving it...

I'm told that dezod red header will give you about that. That and some crower cams, I bet one of these cars sings.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
TtTAiu3RZCrOSv5r5ccxmKIxQxtjn0pWQ20t0KO766TqLuL4k6a7U8Pr4f6ck8GE