1 2
engiekev
engiekev HalfDork
3/8/21 1:15 p.m.
LapDog said:

In reply to HopmanJones :

It seems that I can't. Whenever I try to contact a poster, I get an error message that says, "You must be approved by an Admin (or wait for several days after you join the site) to send private messages." If I could send a message, I'd contact the OP about his Saabaru. I still haven't gotten the message the OP sent. 

I'm not particularly interested in selling the Miata because it is the regularly driven second car in my household. I just figured I liked the OP's car, he wants something similar to what I have, and I could use something more practical for occasional kid-hauling. Plus, he's a doable drive from where I live near DC. 

I don't know the answer, paging GRM Staff!

Do you have a valid email associated with your account? There are no "PMs" on GRM, clicking the Contact button simply sends an email to the member.

Having driven both, you won't be dissappointed by the Aero.  The steering feel might actually be better than a miata, but certainly not as tossable and they understeer like mad on pavement.  Drive them like a FWD car on pavement and you'll be happy, don't try to drive them like RWD; you can't induce overstreer with the throttle. But get them on snow or dirt, and they are a riot!  On the highway they're not that refined compared to anything modern, lots of wind noise apparent of any subaru of that era.

LapDog
LapDog New Reader
3/8/21 1:29 p.m.

In reply to engiekev :

My email address is linked the this account.  I used my normal address to establish this account and for good measure, I linked this account to my old email address that is on my magazine subscription.  Neither one got the OP's message and I can't seem to send messages to anyone else.  I reached out the staff for help last week and they were very helpful but it didn't quite work.  I guess I'm like a forum ghost. I can see what's happening and others can see me but direct communication between us is effectively impossible. Que sera, sera. 

HopmanJones
HopmanJones New Reader
3/9/21 10:31 a.m.
LapDog said:

In reply to HopmanJones :

It seems that I can't. Whenever I try to contact a poster, I get an error message that says, "You must be approved by an Admin (or wait for several days after you join the site) to send private messages." If I could send a message, I'd contact the OP about his Saabaru. I still haven't gotten the message the OP sent. 

I'm not particularly interested in selling the Miata because it is the regularly driven second car in my household. I just figured I liked the OP's car, he wants something similar to what I have, and I could use something more practical for occasional kid-hauling. Plus, he's a doable drive from where I live near DC. 

OK, that's fine. I rallycross a Mazda3 but am very interested to try a NC and the world of RWD rally, but I should probably just stick with the car I have for another season anyway.

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/9/21 11:50 a.m.

In reply to Fupdiggity (Forum Supporter) :

You definitely need a 20-year-old Sonoma ZQ8 with 200k miles to replace that Saabaru! And I know where you can get one...

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/build-projects-and-project-cars/2001-gmc-sonoma-project-enabler-or-just-plain-proj/161807/page1/

Fupdiggity (Forum Supporter)
Fupdiggity (Forum Supporter) New Reader
3/9/21 2:08 p.m.
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) said:

You definitely need a 20-year-old Sonoma ZQ8 with 200k miles to replace that Saabaru! And I know where you can get one...

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/build-projects-and-project-cars/2001-gmc-sonoma-project-enabler-or-just-plain-proj/161807/page1/

You're not wrong. Are you looking to swap out? I'm not sure that's the right tool for rallycross, or maybe it is. I bet it's a ton of fun. Being from MI, I still have PTSD from a combination of breaker bars, acetylene torches, and PB blaster.

Fupdiggity (Forum Supporter) said:

You're not wrong. Are you looking to swap out? I'm not sure that's the right tool for rallycross, or maybe it is. I bet it's a ton of fun. Being from MI, I still have PTSD from a combination of breaker bars, acetylene torches, and PB blaster.

For the work I've done, this truck has been remarkably non-Mighiganian in its ease of disassembly.  I'd definitely entertain making a trade deal. I've had a boner for a WRX since i first saw one at NAIAS 20-ish years ago. 

engiekev
engiekev HalfDork
3/10/21 5:43 a.m.

For the work I've done, this truck has been remarkably non-Mighiganian in its ease of disassembly.  I'd definitely entertain making a trade deal. I've had a boner for a WRX since i first saw one at NAIAS 20-ish years ago. 

Is it Michiganian or Michigonian?  Better ask a Michigander expert.

I have a PowerPoint from Saab that showed all the differences for the 9-2X Aero, kind of an engineering high level overview, I'll figure out how to post it and share on here.

engiekev
engiekev HalfDork
3/10/21 7:50 a.m.

Here's some excerpts, this is all common knowledge at this point.

3/10/21 8:47 a.m.

In reply to engiekev :

I prefer Michigander

LapDog
LapDog New Reader
3/12/21 11:34 a.m.

Hey Fupdiggity!  I'm not sure if you're interested in trading the Saab for my 2006 Miata but it sounds like whatever you want to do, you're hoping to do quickly .  I'm in no rush to get rid of the Miata but I'd be happy to meet up this weekend so you could see if you want it.  I'd like to plan  my weekend soon though so please shoot me an email and I'll respond. I still can't seem to contact anyone directly on the site. 

I can send pictures of the car and answer questions you might have.   If this weekend doesn't work, the Miata will still be around next weekend too.  Thanks! 

3/14/21 7:02 a.m.

In reply to engiekev :

I prefer Michigander

This is the way. 

On the Sonoma, I'm going to have to pass for now. It's a sweet ride and I enjoyed running through your build thread, but I don't need another truck at this point.

3/14/21 7:04 a.m.
LapDog said:

Hey Fupdiggity!  I'm not sure if you're interested in trading the Saab for my 2006 Miata but it sounds like whatever you want to do, you're hoping to do quickly .  I'm in no rush to get rid of the Miata but I'd be happy to meet up this weekend so you could see if you want it.  I'd like to plan  my weekend soon though so please shoot me an email and I'll respond. I still can't seem to contact anyone directly on the site. 

I can send pictures of the car and answer questions you might have.   If this weekend doesn't work, the Miata will still be around next weekend too.  Thanks! 

Still interested. You can reach me at two/three/1/3/four/three/five/7/4/2 (since the PM/email doesn't seem to be playing nice).

3/14/21 7:52 a.m.

In reply to engiekev :

I prefer Michigander

This is the way. 

On the Sonoma, I'm going to have to pass for now. It's a sweet ride and I enjoyed running through your build thread, but I don't need another truck at this point.

Word. The Saabaru looks like a pretty nice car, I'm sure it won't take long to make a deal on.

3/20/21 12:43 p.m.

Update: taking it off the market, it will be going to my BIL as a nice upgrade from his 02 WRX wagon (which also came from me). Doing my best to enable family members. It will be headed up to the great state of Michigan in April, after one more rallycross, naturally. 

If anyone is looking for an 02 bugeye wagon in West Michigan around early May let me know and I'll put you in touch.

Mr. Lee
Mr. Lee GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
3/20/21 2:52 p.m.

Depending on the condition and price of said bugeye, I may be interested. cheaper is better laugh I've already got an 02 bugeye wagon that is eating most of my play money. a second one could produce interesting results. devil

P3PPY
P3PPY GRM+ Memberand Dork
3/20/21 6:14 p.m.

Yes, price and details. My BIL was asking about mine

Patrick (Forum Supporter)
Patrick (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/20/21 6:55 p.m.

Also yes please and i'll be in western Michigan starting april 21 for a week

LapDog
LapDog New Reader
3/22/21 8:17 a.m.

Glad you found a good home for the Saab!  If for some reason your BIL doesn't want it, be sure to update this thread. 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ICOSJ3t5dv0D2Fb1906AIXJ936khdrkrLDP5O7W2a2lQm7HamBU5GzAatjbkWnFG