WonkoTheSane
WonkoTheSane GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
9/13/21 10:26 a.m.

One owner, rust free Rx-8, runs well. I'd drive it to Cali with no worries right now, or take it on track after flushing the brake fluid. I just don't really get a chance to drive it, and that's a shame!  This thing has been really reliable for me, I've never had to do more than routine maintenance except for an alternator.

Minor mods: Tokico D-spec adjustable shocks w/ Ground Control springs, Hotkiss sway bars, cat-back exhaust. Original sway bars and cat-back included in sale if you're interested.

Also includes: Cobb AccessPort (unmarried) and a laptop with the AP tuning software. I never even got a chance to do any tuning to the car.

The good:  Good compression as of ~10k ago (as tested by Mazda of Manchester).  Up to date on routine maintenance; plugs, coils, coolant, engine/trans/diff fluid, etc. Tires are in good shape (Hankook Ventus V12), brakes are in good shape (EBC Reds w/ Centrics).  Just passed emissions, fully registered and titles is in hand.  It's ready to go anywhere!

The bad: I hit a deer 3 months after buying this car (back in 07).  The paint is starting to burn through the clearcoat, and/or it's peeling off where it was re-sprayed.  I wrapped the hood & roof (the worst of it) with Carbon Fiber, but the drivers side fender is starting to peel (see last picture). There's other scratches and dents around it, mostly from parking lots. People suck. The stereo display flashes on and off when you go over bumps. The keyless start doesn't work, you have to use a key like a peasant.

Price is $4500 for a GRMer

Located in Stafford, CT.

flat4_5spd
flat4_5spd New Reader
9/21/21 9:08 p.m.

Interested! I'll pretty much take it if you'll 1.) assist with loading it for transport 2.) I can get it to the Chicago area for  about $1k or less in transportation costs. 3.) you can reassure me that the engine isn't showing any signs of going south since the compression test 10K miles ago. 

I sold my E30 a while back and have been looking for something fun to replace it- I've always wanted an RX-8, this looks like the sweet spot for "not a total project, but also not an overpriced, super mint car I'll be afraid to use." PMs don't work for me on this forum as I signed up with a Yahoo address. E-mail me at [Edit:redacted as the car was already sold to someone else] and we can exchange contact details- Nathan

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/22/21 9:57 a.m.

In reply to flat4_5spd :

If you get this to "the Chicago area" I want to see it! 

Also always looking to meet fellow Chicago grmers.

WonkoTheSane
9/22/21 9:58 a.m.

Whoops, sorry, this sold last weekend...  I forgot to update this post.   My bad!

flat4_5spd
flat4_5spd New Reader
9/22/21 1:40 p.m.

Thanks for letting me know! It took me a couple of days to work up to getting spousal sign off on yet another car (got the thumbs up) and consequently, I guess I snoozed and I lost.  That's life!

WonkoTheSane
9/22/21 2:13 p.m.
flat4_5spd said:

Thanks for letting me know! It took me a couple of days to work up to getting spousal sign off on yet another car (got the thumbs up) and consequently, I guess I snoozed and I lost.  That's life!

But now you have the all important permission :)

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Wx9ZDnELnuz28tVjC9UXwTVVa2pw3BMKEsrowgtyOt281HeZEM1v5X6HrGDGc31x