JMcD
JMcD New Reader
1/6/22 8:55 p.m.

Not mine, but affiliated. Belongs to my folks. They're retired and not running track days as much. I spent a good number of hours working on the supercharger setup and dyno tuning. Really fun car. Pardon the less then perfect pictures. More available upon request. PM me or reply here if you want to get in touch with the seller. 

2007 Pontiac Solstice
Aggressive Red
19,653 Miles
2.4L LE5 Engine with M62 supercharger
5 speed manual transmission
Located in Central Illinois, near St. Louis

$14,000

Engine and Driveline

Original 2.4L LE5 Engine
M62 Supercharger from 2.0L LSJ engine (37k miles) with 3” pulley
60lb fuel injectors, 2 bar map sensor
LSJ intake manifold with integrated air to water intercooler and dual pass modification on intercooler
Additional radiator (Magnuson) and water pump for supercharger intercooler circuit
Included but not installed - Upgraded valve springs with titanium retainers
Rev limiter raised to 7500rpm
Cooling Mist, CMGS System X methanol injection system (utilizes windshield wiper fluid and tank) Operation Manual included
Dyno tuned with EFI live software to 204rwhp/202rwtq at 8.5 psi boost with 93 octane. This was on a Mustang dyno...would expect higher #s on a dynojet. This was also before the addition of the header and high flow exhaust. For reference the car dyno'd at 140hp when stock.
Original 5 speed manual transmission with 6 puck RAM aftermarket clutch, pressure plate and lightweight flywheel

DDM Works Stainless steel header with 2.5” high-flow exhaust
Factory G80 limited slip differential

Wheels, Suspension, and Brakes

Set of 4 OEM 18x8 wheels (silver) with 245/40/18 Potenza RE11A tires
Set of 5 SSR 18x8 wheels (anthracite) with 245/35/18 Continental take-offs
1 TR Motorsports (painted to match SSR color) 18x8 wheel with 245/35/18 Hoosier R7 take-off
GM “ZOK” RPO sway bars
Factory non-abs brakes with carbotech brake pads XP12 front, XP 8 rear
Aligned for track usage (increased negative camber)

Interior

4 point roll bar with diagonal brace and harness bar (meets SCCA requirements for track usage provided driver passes broomstick test)
OMP 17 racing bucket seats (factors seats also included)
5 point cam-lock harnesses used since 2008 (factory seat belts remain in place)
Functional A/C, heat, and stereo

Exterior

Convertible top remains functional and clears the roll bar. Car always garaged, top in excellent condition.
Paint is in generally good condition with some rock chips from track usage
Includes aftermarket front fascia from RK Sport (not installed or painted)

General Notes:

This car has been primarily used for track days (HPDE, etc) since purchasing it in 2007. First couple years of track use were with a full stock drivetrain and ZOK suspension package and car was driven to track. Supercharger and associated components were added in 2009 at 7,000+ miles.  Approximately 35 track days between 2007 and 2019. Regular inspection and maintenance performed between events. Recent-ish maintenance includes

9/14/19 New Battery 

4/8/18 Rebuilt Front Brake Calipers, new front rotors and brake pads Carbotech XP12, new brake fluid

2017 Replace P/S pump and use Royal Purple Fluid

All teething issues from track use with supercharger have been addressed (clutch, methanol injection and associate tuning, catalytic converter). Includes factory service manuals and GM Solstice Performance book. All original parts included.

dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
1/7/22 9:20 a.m.

Wow! Seems like a steal. Are the seats in sliders or fixed in place?

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/7/22 10:43 a.m.

Yeah, that looks like a riot!

JMcD
JMcD New Reader
1/7/22 7:25 p.m.

In reply to dculberson :

Yep, both seats slide.

SV reX
SV reX MegaDork
1/7/22 7:28 p.m.

I really like that!

psteav (Forum Supporter)
psteav (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/9/22 12:44 p.m.

Dang, seems like a steal.  How tall before you're in peril of failing the broomstick test?

JMcD
JMcD New Reader
1/9/22 3:55 p.m.

6'1" with 34" inseam just passes with helmet. Same person has 2" clear without helmet. 35.5" from seat bottom to top of roll bar. Bar fits tight to convertible top.

84FSP
84FSP UltraDork
1/10/22 8:56 p.m.

These crushed in Showroom Stock when they were new.  Very random and rare animal to see in such great shape.

fatallightning
fatallightning Reader
1/11/22 8:36 a.m.

If they'd consider selling the SSR wheels separately , I could be game. I have an 08 GXP.

JMcD
JMcD New Reader
1/11/22 10:03 a.m.
fatallightning said:

If they'd consider selling the SSR wheels separately , I could be game. I have an 08 GXP.

I'll let the sellers know. Perhaps if the buyer of the car doesn't want/need them.

billstewartx
billstewartx Reader
1/12/22 9:08 a.m.

thats some serious low mileage

Have you considered putting it on Bring a Trailer? 

Low Miles like that go for a premium price 

iansane
iansane GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
1/12/22 10:52 a.m.
JMcD said:

6'1" with 34" inseam just passes with helmet. Same person has 2" clear without helmet. 35.5" from seat bottom to top of roll bar. Bar fits tight to convertible top.

Damn! That's impressive! I remember trying to finagle myself into one of these when they were new and just couldn't quite fit. I'm 6'2 with a 34" inseam.

JMcD
JMcD New Reader
1/15/22 4:26 p.m.
iansane said:
JMcD said:

Damn! That's impressive! I remember trying to finagle myself into one of these when they were new and just couldn't quite fit. I'm 6'2 with a 34" inseam.

The OMP seats help quite a bit with clearance to the top of the rollbar.

camopaint0707
camopaint0707 New Reader
4/5/23 3:18 p.m.

did you have any snags putting the supercharger kit on this?  Was it fairly straight forward?

JMcD
JMcD New Reader
4/10/23 10:17 p.m.

What's on this car was custom work using the supercharger and intake from a LSJ engine. DDMWorks had a kit at one time (different supercharger IIRC), but it doesn't look like they offer it any longer. 

Using the LSJ parts did require a fair amount of fab work. Some aluminum welding for bracing the intake manifold to the block, intake tube fabrication around the back of the engine, and the shrouding/covers/mounting for the additional heat exchanger for the intercooler were the big parts. There was also work to re-route A/C line with "docs blocks" components.  

Car is still for sale in case anyone is interested. 

camopaint0707
camopaint0707 New Reader
4/12/23 3:17 p.m.

In reply to JMcD :

well damn, It still looks like a stock M62 supercharger.  I guess I don't get why you can bolt it to a 2.4 cobalt but not a 2.4 solstice given they are actually the same engine.  I can understand there might be some tricky plumbing, but architecturally it should match up.  Right?

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
PXxOS4Dada1KCh95Iu8KuomepVU7ZZfMDb64SHqpWv30bP5klZaYrpcwHDEbGBXx