1 2
Slippery
Slippery GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
7/25/16 9:50 p.m.

$4750 The car is in excellent shape and would make a very reliable dd. Selling my wife’s 2008 Acura RDX with Technology Package. We have owned this car since new. If you are interested, I have the Carfax and can email it. The car is located in WPB, Florida. It is the Technology package so it has GPS, Bluetooth and voice command in addition to all the usual power stuff along with SH-AWD. 5 speed transmission with paddle shifters. 176k miles ### 186k miles as of April 2017 ### $4750 This car can be driven anywhere today. The following parts have just been serviced within the last 200 miles, except as noted: - Engine oil and filter - Transmission oil - I always change it 3x in order to flush all the old fluid - Rear end fluid - Engine air filter - Cabin air filter - Serpentine belt tensioner - 4 Continental Extreme Contact DWS tires (these have 2k miles tops) Good: - The car spent all its life in South Florida. NO RUST WHATSOEVER - Always garaged - I have been doing all the maintenance religiously on the car using Acura fluids on transmission/rear end and Mobil 1 (as recommended by Acura) on engine. Every maintenance part that has gone into this car, from wiper blades to air/oil filters was purchased at Acura, even the sparkplugs. Bad: - It has been rear ended once and fixed by what I consider a very good shop (Schumacher Infiniti). I have pictures at the accident scene and also pictures of the car at my house. There was absolutely no frame damage; I can also take pictures of the underside this coming weekend. - Front passenger door speaker started distorting a bit on some songs. I will purchase a new one from Acura and change it. - Driver’s side armrest shows wear, door panel leather a minor tear. - Rear seats have booster seat imprints. Feel free to reply or message me with any questions. I have plenty of pictures and will be glad to take any other pictures of interest areas. This car would be a perfect candidate for a fly and drive and I would be happy to assist with the logistics.

DrBoost
DrBoost UltimaDork
7/26/16 7:10 a.m.

It is obvious that you have NO IDEA what it takes to sell a car.
Your add has actual pictures of the car. These pictures are representative of the car for sale.
You put information in your ad that actually answers any questions that I might have had.
You sound intelligent.
I trust you.
To redmedy these issues, you're going to need to take pics of your car just after washing it (wet pavement, wash bucket in the background) from the garage roof.
Remove any and all info about the history of the car.
Add a sentence like "runs great, just needs a head gasket" or similar.

Nice car, nice ad

dculberson
dculberson PowerDork
7/26/16 8:25 a.m.

Man, that seems like a lot of car for $6500. Someone should snap that up!

Duke
Duke MegaDork
7/26/16 8:43 a.m.

Yeah, I'd be thinking seriously about grabbing that for DD#2 if her tuition wasn't due.

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Associate Editor
7/26/16 8:46 a.m.

Turbo?! What engine is in that?

Slippery
Slippery GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/26/16 9:01 a.m.

Thanks guys. It is a great car and in excellent shape. I'd keep it but its replacement will be here tomorrow.

The engine is a K24. Basically a stroked K20 with a turbo.

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UltimaDork
7/26/16 9:22 a.m.
Slippery wrote: Thanks guys. It is a great car and in excellent shape. I'd keep it but its replacement will be here tomorrow. The engine is a K24. Basically a stroked K20 with a turbo.

Technically a K23 (2.3L).

Slippery
7/26/16 9:37 a.m.
Bobzilla wrote:
Slippery wrote: Thanks guys. It is a great car and in excellent shape. I'd keep it but its replacement will be here tomorrow. The engine is a K24. Basically a stroked K20 with a turbo.

My bad, it is a 2.3 so yes K23 ... I was just trying to make it more enticing

spitfirebill
spitfirebill UltimaDork
7/26/16 11:24 a.m.

What's a 1 among friends.

scottdownsouth
scottdownsouth Reader
7/26/16 8:13 p.m.

You did forget to put the Mpg you get and the top speed.. Does it have a third row ?

Slippery
7/26/16 8:18 p.m.

MPG when my wife drives 21.
MPG when I drive 18.
Lifetime MPG 20.

Top speed no idea, but it will easily get you a ticket to your nearest jail.

No third row. For a third row you would be looking at the MDX, this one is the size of a Lexus RX300 or Honda CR-V.

Slippery
7/29/16 5:22 p.m.

Replacement is here.

No one needs a winter car? It has heated seats

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UltimaDork
7/29/16 5:55 p.m.
Slippery wrote:
Bobzilla wrote:
My bad, it is a 2.3 so yes K23 ... I was just trying to make it more enticing

aH.... the ol' slippery salesman routine. I am on to you now! GLWS though.

Slippery
8/2/16 5:43 p.m.

New lower price

Slippery
10/29/16 1:05 p.m.

Bringing this back up.

Price lowered to $4750!!

Winter is almost here!!

I have been driving it once a week so that it does not sit. Its ready to go!

Slippery
12/14/16 11:31 a.m.

I stil have it and been driving it so that it does not sit.

Just clicked over 180k miles.

Did a 500 mile roadtrip last week.

I am out of town at the moment, but will do an oil change once back in town.

grover
grover GRM+ Memberand New Reader
2/13/17 7:16 p.m.

holy smokes, we're neighbors! (forrest hill and olive) We're in the market for something, I may be interested if this is still around in a couple of weeks.

Slippery
2/13/17 7:59 p.m.
grover wrote: holy smokes, we're neighbors! (forrest hill and olive) We're in the market for something, I may be interested if this is still around in a couple of weeks.

Nice! Is that the community across from the mall? I know someone that lives there.

I still have it. Unfortunately, I have been driving it as I dont want to let it sit so it has accumulated some more miles. I believe its at about 181k miles now.

Once you are ready for a new car and want to look at it PM me. I'll be glad to bring it over or you can come to the house about 10' from there. I am off of Hypoluxo.

Slippery
2/13/17 8:13 p.m.

182k and change as this was a couple of weeks ago.

grover
grover GRM+ Memberand New Reader
2/13/17 8:52 p.m.

no, i'm down east off of dixie highway, just before you get into lake worth and just a couple of blocks west of the intercostal. Just told my brother in law about your car tonight, he was pretty interested.

smokindav
smokindav Reader
2/13/17 11:01 p.m.

Man, I wish I'd seen this 2 months ago. Looked all over Houston for one. Ended up settling on a CR-V. Do you want to trade? :)

Slippery
4/21/17 4:42 p.m.
smokindav wrote: Man, I wish I'd seen this 2 months ago. Looked all over Houston for one. Ended up settling on a CR-V. Do you want to trade? :)

No trades I need to downsize!

Slippery
4/21/17 4:46 p.m.

Let's try this one more time.

$4750 !!!!!

186500 miles on it at the moment. If you look at the miles from when I started the thread to now I put over 11k miles on it in about 9 months. No problems whatsoever and all I had to do were a couple of oil changes.

It's going on Craigslist next, I hate driving an SUV

Slippery
4/22/17 8:37 a.m.

Anyone??

Slippery
5/3/17 4:50 p.m.

Sold!

Someone got a good daily.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.