Tom_Spangler
Tom_Spangler GRM+ Memberand UberDork
12/28/16 11:09 a.m.

End of an era for my family. It's time to sell our faithful servant that we've owned since new. Lots of good memories in this car.

2008 Ford Taurus X Limited FWD. One owner, meticulously maintained by an automotive enthusiast. Full records of all maintenance and work since brand new. Silver birch with black leather interior. 110k miles. 3.5L V6 engine with 6-speed automatic transmission. Heated seats, power moonroof, reverse sensors, Sync with Bluetooth (rare on 2008 models), CD changer with MP3 capability, traction control. Weathertech floor liners. Comes with Garmin GPS with latest maps loaded. Oil changes every 5000 miles with Motorcraft semi-synthetic oil and Motorcraft filters. Michelin LTX tires at 105k miles. Brakes and tuneup at 100k miles. New battery at 90k miles. New struts at 80k miles. Needs nothing.

VIN is 1FMDK03W18GA34085

Many more pictures available here: Link to photos.

Asking $6200 or best offer. No trades, please. Located in Brighton, MI.

Contact me via PM or email at tom “dot” spangler “at” gmail “dot” com.

dculberson
dculberson PowerDork
12/28/16 12:08 p.m.

These are huge, comfy, and drive nicely. They're not as heavy as they look, pushing about 4000 pounds in a usable three row config. Tons of cargo room with the third row folded up. And they're faster than they seem due to the reasonable weight and 265hp or so. The engine doesn't make good sounds with the stock intake and exhaust though.

We just bought one as our family hauler. It's been a few weeks and so far it's proving much more likable than we thought it would be. It's worlds better than any American SUV I've driven before. It's based on the Volvo S80 platform and it shows in the ride and handling.

Tom_Spangler
12/28/16 12:36 p.m.
dculberson wrote: These are huge, comfy, and drive nicely. They're not as heavy as they look, pushing about 4000 pounds in a usable three row config. Tons of cargo room with the third row folded up. And they're faster than they seem due to the reasonable weight and 265hp or so. The engine doesn't make good sounds with the stock intake and exhaust though. We just bought one as our family hauler. It's been a few weeks and so far it's proving much more likable than we thought it would be. It's worlds better than any American SUV I've driven before. It's based on the Volvo S80 platform and it shows in the ride and handling.

Agreed on all points. It's a great-driving vehicle for something as large as it is. And it's just over 4000lbs, especially this one since it's not AWD. It's actually quite a lot lighter than my new SHO, with which it shares a chassis. And it'll knock down mid-20s on the freeway.

JohnRW1621
JohnRW1621 MegaDork
12/28/16 6:28 p.m.

Mechanically, the Ford Flex before the big restyle.

Looks to be in nice condition.

Tom_Spangler
12/30/16 12:58 p.m.

Car is sold.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
6ocMZKP8pO93trNfRc51yVXlAbHxw3qJEgl6p60cuue1g1bgd1EBRO13FodmiMxX