TLDR info:

2008 Honda Fit Sport

5 speed manual transmission

108081 miles as of 12/21/2022

recent Pennsylvania state inspection and emissions testing good to 1/2024

recent oil change

3 ring binder of most service records since January 2015 and 17285 miles

minor modifications for comfort and convenience

very well maintained using mostly Honda OE parts and fluids.

spare parts and accessories included

used Tokico blue struts/shocks and Swift Springs (24k on them) included

four winter tires on OE rims available for an additional amount

small rust on passenger rear wheel well

small amount of clear coat peeling from a paint touch up on drivers back door and d pillar window

there is an electrical drain which causes the battery to go dead after a few days of non-use

I love this car and I also loved my previous 2007 Fit and it is difficult for me to sell it but I work from home and no longer need an everyday car. I recently purchased a 2001 Mazda Miata which I’ll drive only in the summer and I am sharing my wife’s 2018 Honda Fit for year-round daily driving.

I bought this car on 1/12/2015 at a local Honda dealer in New Castle PA with 17285 miles on it. The car was originally sold to a retired man in Glassport PA who passed away. The car was transferred to his estate and then transferred to a relative who eventually traded it in at the Honda dealer for a used Miata. That technically makes me the fourth owner.

This 2008 Fit sport replaced my nearly identical 2007 Fit Sport that I bought new in 2007. That car was totaled on 1/08/2015 at 143K miles. I stripped a bunch of part off the 2007 like a custom dead pedal, LED dome and cargo compartment lights, all weather floor mats, a cargo area shade, a cargo area liner, an Acura aluminum shift knob and a passenger side visor with a mirror from a Singapore market Honda Jazz. All of those parts are still on the 2008 Fit. I wired the car for an add on Sirius/XM receiver that plays through the stock Honda radio aux in port. I can remove that if you want me to. The Sirius/XM radio receiver will not come with the car. Sorry. I also installed a set of Hella horns to replace the lame, single note factory horn.

The car comes with a like new cargo area cover that was in the car when I bought it (I put in my 143K mile used one), the three backseat head restraints from my 2007, 2 new quarts of Honda manual transmission fluid and one opened quart, a scratched up front lip, a broken front lip and lower flexible spoiler, a spare grille and front bumper trim parts, a beat up set of EO fog lights from my 2007, a brand new (unpainted) aftermarket set of fog lights, an uninstalled but scratched up black bug guard for the hood, an OE front license plate mount, a new set of OE wiper inserts, an OE air filter, an OE cabin filter, a pair of OE single note horns, and some small misc. parts, clips and fasteners.

The Fit has lived outside the entire time that I’ve owned it. There are a lot of annoying little needles from some Hemlock trees that are always falling on it and getting tracked inside. It gets washed at the local automatic car wash a few times per week on my unlimited wash plan. Aside from a small bit of rust starting on the passenger side rear wheel well and some peeling clear coat paint from a paint touch up, it looks great.

I have had a few insurance claims on the car. Once I was driving behind a pickup on the highway that was carrying construction debris and some fell off, doing minor damage to the front end. The car was rear ended twice by the same person which cosmetically damaged the rear bumper cover. I hit a deer that was already laying in the road which took out the core support, radiator, condenser along with other damage that included breaking part of the timing chain case that the engine mount attaches to. Everything was repaired. At one point, I was loading the car with some items to take to a rummage sale and a few things fell over and scratched the driver’s rear quarter panel. I paid out of pocket to have a local shop do the repair on that and some of the clear coat is flaking by the bottom of the widow trim on the driver’s rear door and the small quarter window on the D pillar.

I worked for a Honda dealer and I also managed an AutoZone. I use OE parts whenever possible and I have documents to show that. I recently redid the headlights with a Cerakote refinishing kit and the head light and fog light bulbs are all Philips X-Treme Vision bulbs. I also aimed the headlights higher than stock and night driving is infinitely better than when the car was new. I will very rarely get flashed from an oncoming motorist.

I wanted to upgrade the handling to my 2007 Fit and I found an NOS set of Tokico blue shocks and struts that I paired with a set of Swift springs. That Fit was totaled before I could install them so I eventually put them on the 2008 Fit at 73184 miles on 6/27/2019. The handling was much better but the roads around here suck so I eventually got tired of the rough ride and had them removed and the stock parts reinstalled at 97652 miles on 11/11/2021. With just 24468 miles on them, they are in great shape and will come with the car.

The biggest issue with this car is that the battery dies if it sits. I currently work from home and I rarely drive it anymore. I began to notice that it was slow to crank at times so I recently had Advance Auto swap out the battery for a new one. That didn’t help, so I just start the Fit and let it run for 20 minutes in the driveway a few times a week if I am not running errands. I honestly have zero desire to investigate the issue. I hate to sell a car with a problem of any kind, but if you drive it regularly it is nothing to worry about. Fully disclosing the issue when posting this for sale ad makes me feel better.

This is a great car that is fun to drive and it has a lot of life left in it. I’d like it to go to a good home where somebody will appreciate it like I have. I’m asking $7000 for the car and all of the spares that I’ve mentioned. Tell me if I’m asking too much, I’m open to offers. I am not looking for a trade of any kind. I am located in Beaver Falls PA, 15010. Less than 15 minutes from the PA Turnpike and 20 minutes from Greater Pittsburgh international airport. I will enable a fly and drive for anyone interested. Reach out to me through the messaging system here or at merkurboy at hot mail

Please don’t make me list this on Facebook marketplace and deal with idiots, lowballers and scammers.

Erich
Erich UberDork
12/21/22 3:58 p.m.

Great little car, my wife misses hers a bunch (but not enough to let me do a fly and drive apparently)

Good luck with sale!

clutchsmoke
clutchsmoke UltraDork
12/21/22 4:48 p.m.

That top of the stack Hankook snow tire has a bubble in the sidewall FYI. 

I had a 2013 in the same color. Very fun suburban/around town car. It did really well in Chicago winters with snow tires. 

GLWS!

jimbob_racing
jimbob_racing SuperDork
12/21/22 5:48 p.m.

In reply to clutchsmoke :

Yup. I knew that I did something bad to that tire as soon as I hit the pothole.

Puddy46
Puddy46 Reader
12/22/22 3:06 p.m.

I'm not in the market, but I must say, that's how you do a for sale write up!

GLWS

jimbob_racing
jimbob_racing SuperDork
12/23/22 8:04 a.m.

In reply to Puddy46 :

Thanks. Better to be upfront and post as many details as possible than to play 20 questions later.

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
1/12/23 7:37 p.m.

Very nice car!  

I gotta wonder.  Is your neighbor stacking a second house, a slightly over sized house, complete with porch, on top of his existing house???

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
D1vER0Njl0zgQwN2eUVi0ZkP3MnSn40NgloqbYodd9rdF4oCWRhVNO5efcKx8EQq