1 2
thebigchill
thebigchill New Reader
11/13/17 7:53 a.m.

Hey guys.  I'm listing my 128i for sale, and thought that the GRM crowd might appreciate this.

For Sale:  2009 BMW 128i

Price: $10,500

Photos: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ZhVvdDu58iFXVrC3lDVSy1cHyvwAWF2S?usp=sharing

-74,xxx miles

-6-Speed Manual Transmission

-Titanium Metallic Silver Exterior

-Black Leatherette Interior

-Gloss Black Interior Trim

-Shadowline Exterior Trim

-M Sport Steering Wheel

-M Sport Suspension

-Sport Seats: Heated, Manual, Adjustable side bolsters & leg rests.

-Airbag recall completed

If you’re an enthusiast, this is the 128i you’re looking for.

Troy, NY 12180

128i Details:             *Ignore this section if you’re familiar with the car*

This car is equipped with BMW’s simple, reliable, and silky smooth N52K powerplant. It makes 230hp @ 6500rpm and 200lbft @ 2800rpm. This car is, in many circles, regarded as the last of BMW’s pure & simple driver orientated cars, due to its direct feel, proven naturally-aspirated inline 6, and lack of unnecessary doo-dads. In a world of direct-injected turbocharged cars overflowing with gadgets, there’s something to be said for a simple port-injected NA inline 6. In terms of performance, think of this car as a newer version of the E36 M3. It returns 20mpg City and 28mpg Highway (I’ve had more like 31mpg at 70mph). A simple 3-stage DISA intake manifold swap and tune will add another 30hp for those looking for more power.

Ownership History:

This was originally an Ohio car, purchased new by an older female.  It was serviced as required by BMW, and traded-in with 24k miles on the clock.  The second owner purchased the car as a Certified Pre-Owned, and moved to Florida with it shortly after.  This owner also had the car serviced exclusively at BMW Dealerships, and maintained good record keeping (as I do).  I purchased the car earlier this year from him, and had it shipped from Florida to NY. The car will come with a 1” thick stack of records, organized chronologically. ☺

Body / Interior:

There is absolutely no rust on the body anywhere. There is one tiny shallow ding on the hood above the driver’s headlight. It’s so minor I’d have to point it out in person. There are no other dents nor dings on this car anywhere; it’s in extremely good condition. There are some tiny chips on the front bumper as one would expect, and I’ve touched them up with BMW touch-up paint. Overall, body is an 8.5/10 and I’m extremely picky. The interior is also in great shape, with the only exception being an odd spot of peeling of the leatherette, located on the driver’s seat thigh bolster. I bought it like this and am not sure how it happened. Otherwise, the interior is wonderful; another 8.5/10. The car is garage stored and never driven in poor weather. As soon as snow hits, a trickle charger and flannel cover will go on. The car is washed weekly, spray waxed, and has had Collinite 845 applied twice since my ownership.

Add-Ons:

-Bilstein B8 Sport Plus Struts / Shocks  (paired with stock M-Sport springs & <1000 miles)

-ECS Brake Kit w/ Slotted rotors and Hawk HPS pads all around

-DR37 Wheels in Hyperblack, 17x8 ET42, square fitment  (inexpensive but lighter than stock)

-225/45/17 Cooper Zeon RS3-S Ultra High Performance Tires  (<1000 miles)

-AFE Stage 2 Air Intake (recently powdercoated heat-shield)

-BMW Performance Black Kidney Grills

-Interior Light LED Conversion (cool white)

-Retrofitted OEM alarm upgrade

-Depo Xenon Headlights (Angel Eyes as DRL)

Wrap-Up

Questions:  I’ve been as forthcoming and honest as one can be when selling a used car, and insist that you read this post and carefully review all provided photos / documents in their entirety before contacting me with questions.  

Why are you selling?:  I will likely be moving in the near future, and that means losing my garage. This car deserves better than to be stored on the street, so I’ll be downgrading cars accordingly.  

Offers:  Lowball offers will be ignored, and haggle offers should come only after you view the car.  Be respectful. If you find a cleaner, better equipped, enthusiast owned 128i for less, buy it.

Trades:  I’ll consider them, but it’s unlikely.

Contact:  PM me for contact info. Do not call or text me after 9:30pm.

Joe Gearin
Joe Gearin Associate Publisher
11/13/17 10:42 a.m.

Good luck with the sale!  My brother recently purchased a 128i and he loves it!  

02Pilot
02Pilot Dork
11/13/17 10:43 a.m.

If you had posted this six months ago I probably would have been at your door with a wad of cash. Alas, I bought your car's evil twin in Vermont. They are fantastic cars - basically a modernized E36 M3 (check the vital statistics - they're really close). GLWS.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill UltimaDork
11/13/17 12:25 p.m.

I got passed by one the other day and thought, "now that is a car I would buy".    I would way rather have this than a cherry 2002 for the same $$$. 

GLWS.  If I needed a car, I would consider this one.   

thebigchill
thebigchill New Reader
11/13/17 1:31 p.m.

Thanks for the comments, guys.  It's really a wonderful car (my 17th, haha).  I wouldn't be selling it if I wasn't giving up my garage. I can't imagine a better DD for an adult enthusiast who values, fun, frugality, and style equally.

AWSX1686
AWSX1686 GRM+ Memberand Dork
11/13/17 4:01 p.m.

I am kinda interested in this. Looking into if it would work out. 

thebigchill
thebigchill New Reader
11/13/17 5:13 p.m.

Understood. Let me know if you have any questions at all.

brakeharder
brakeharder
11/13/17 7:16 p.m.

PM sent, awaiting reply.

thebigchill
thebigchill New Reader
11/13/17 7:59 p.m.

In reply to brakeharder :

I have no idea where PM's are on this Forum...  After using VBulletin based boards for 20 years, I'm lost on GRM. Hahaha

1kris06
1kris06 HalfDork
11/13/17 8:05 p.m.
thebigchill said:

I have no idea where PM's are on this Forum...  After using VBulletin based boards for 20 years, I'm lost on GRM. Hahaha

They get emailed to whatever address you signed up with.

thebigchill
thebigchill New Reader
11/13/17 8:14 p.m.

In reply to 1kris06 :

Thank you, Sir.

secretariata
secretariata GRM+ Memberand Dork
11/13/17 9:16 p.m.
1kris06 said:
thebigchill said:

They get emailed to whatever address you signed up with.

Unless you signed up with a Yahoo email address, if so they disappear into the wild world of electrons and are never to be seen again...but the person trying to PM you will get a failure to deliver notification that includes your Yahoo email address so they can email you directly (or so I hear).

thebigchill
thebigchill New Reader
11/13/17 9:20 p.m.

Oddly enough, my "burner" email is in fact Yahoo. This should be interesting.  Thanks guys

thebigchill
thebigchill New Reader
11/15/17 7:02 a.m.

I've emailed you, sent text, and called in response. I hope you're alive.  Thanks.

rustybugkiller
rustybugkiller Reader
11/18/17 5:08 a.m.

6 months from now and I'd probably be serious about this. Nice car. 

simontibbett
simontibbett Reader
11/22/17 8:35 a.m.

I keep looking at these. Fun little cars and this thing is priced right! 

thebigchill
thebigchill New Reader
11/22/17 10:11 a.m.

People are beginning to catch on. I said it before, and often say it to myself when thinking about what I'll buy down the road to replace it, but I can't come up with another  car that offers the same blend of appeal that this one does. It's quick enough (sub 6 s 0-60), corner-capable, attractive, comfortable, simple (comparatively), classy, economical, etc.

AWSX1686
11/22/17 10:35 a.m.

Oh trust me, I know it's a nice car. I'd love to have it so I can have a reliable daily. Just that trade off of having a car payment since I don't have the cash... And I'm switching apartments right now, so my rental income is down a bit and expenses are up. I'm also trying to figure out what I can work out with work and pay which could change things too. Maybe in a couple months if you were to still have it.

thebigchill
thebigchill New Reader
11/22/17 11:15 a.m.

Im not in any sort of rush, so shoot me a message if it becomes an option.  Thanks.

AWSX1686
11/22/17 11:29 a.m.
thebigchill said:

Im not in any sort of rush, so shoot me a message if it becomes an option.  Thanks.

Will do, definitely don't hold it for me or anything. I've been in DD buying limbo for a while now and haven't been able to commit to a decision.

russ_mill
russ_mill New Reader
11/23/17 8:46 a.m.

Great car, I’m interested and I’ll send a pm. Happy thanksgiving everyone!!

thebigchill
thebigchill New Reader
1/6/18 8:55 p.m.

Just bumping this back up before I get more serious with advertising on other sites. Currently only listed here and on 1Addicts.com.

AWSX1686
1/8/18 7:36 a.m.

Good luck man. I still love the car, but I ended up getting a ZHP instead. 

thebigchill
thebigchill New Reader
1/8/18 8:46 a.m.
AWSX1686 said:

Alcantara is overrated. 

J/K. Enjoy the ride :)

AWSX1686
1/8/18 9:35 a.m.
thebigchill said:
AWSX1686 said:

Alcantara is overrated. 

J/K. Enjoy the ride :)

Hahahaha. Given that I already put a rip in my seat, I am inclined to agree.... angry Still nice though, and fit my budget a bit better. 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
yfEVx0BSOTaFJN2tEPtCChaRAXpQWWs0U3r1Yu30EG3gEeAWGg05PIsbJTg20on9