Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
4/3/19 8:09 a.m.

2009 Subaru outback with 79k. Ive been the caretaker for a couple of years while the owners became buisness owners and parents in Prague. They now have too many kids for the subaru, as they travel around to see all the family when the come back for Christmas. Their plan is to start renting a minivan. 

Anyway, car is an 09. 78,xxx miles. 1 owner. Lived most its life in the mountains of Virginia. Surface rust underneath, but no real rust that ive seen.

Rattling heat sheilds.

Radio doesn't work.

Fresh-ish tires, about 3/4 life left.

Heated seats. 

Automatic transmission 

Abs

Cruise

Needs a thorough detailing and cleaning. 

Clean and clear nc title signed by owners, ready to transfer.

Has never failed to fire up, and it went from Charlotte nc to boston Massachusetts in December without issue.

5500 for the forum, or ill actually clean it up and try the russian roulette of craigslistat 6700 (fmv in my area)

Pics incoming

Dusterbd13-michael
4/3/19 8:31 a.m.

Click for pics

Car is in Charlotte nc 

Either call me at 828-260-1254 or if you pm me, drop a note here so i know to check the spam folder of my email.

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
4/3/19 11:01 a.m.

Geez, I wish I was on the other side of the "tax time" equation.  I wish I was getting money rather than paying money next week.  That makes it a tough time to drop $5,500 but if I could....

That's a good price.  With low miles, I could flip that for $7,500+ here up north given the low miles of only 79k

dculberson
dculberson UltimaDork
4/3/19 8:33 p.m.

Wow, with that low a miles on it, does it drive nice and tight? It looks nice in the pics, does it look like a "nice" car in person, inside and out, other than needing a detail, heat shield work, and a radio?

I'm interested, just have to sleep on it. Might be a great depreciation free daily for me for a while. Too bad you're not closer.

Dusterbd13-michael
4/3/19 8:51 p.m.

Looks pretty clean, other than needing a good scrubbing. Haveing never driven any of these other than this one, and the 02 legacy i used to own, it feels solid and tight. Nothing odd or worn out about it. 

Really, its a weekend with interior cleaning, compound, wax, and tlc away from a much higher price appearing car. I just don't want to do it. Love my friends, but time.....

Ill pick you up at the airport in a neon!

OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/3/19 9:57 p.m.

Email sent. Very interested. Thx

dculberson
dculberson UltimaDork
4/3/19 10:35 p.m.

What airport is closest to you??

Dusterbd13-michael
4/4/19 5:56 a.m.

In reply to dculberson :

Charlotte nc is closest.

Ohc: im responding!

Dusterbd13-michael
4/4/19 2:06 p.m.

Sale pending to ohscrifle!

Dusterbd13-michael
4/14/19 2:13 p.m.

Close up examination of every single flaw and the rust

Scott passed. Rust was more than he thought. Can't blame him a bit. 

Its worse than i thought it would be as well, based on what it looked like in the fall (last time i had it on a lift)

The linked pictures are intended to make it look WORSE than it is. I refuse to be that craigslist guy with deceptive pictures. 

OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/14/19 2:47 p.m.

Thanks for sending more photos to show the bad with the good. I regret being flaky and wasting ten days of your time (especially when I was told in the first post that it has some rust underneath)

This may help the buyer with the dead radio
https://www.subaruoutback.org/forums/showthread.php?t=23909

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
4/14/19 5:31 p.m.

Here in the major Cleveland, OH market, I chuckle at what Y'all call too rusty. 

Dusterbd13-michael
4/14/19 5:51 p.m.

Its ohio mint! Or northwest Pennsylvania showroom fresh!

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
4/14/19 7:13 p.m.

Here, this Subaru was deserving of the "mention" of rust but it was still not a deal breaker 

Dusterbd13-michael
4/14/19 7:24 p.m.

My god, that ain't even a parts car down here....

The rust on this all seems to be surface rust. Nothing serious, but the suspension isn't coming apart with hand tools anymore. It honestly looks like one winter worth of salt from Maryland. Car has been with me for about 3 years, and in the Virginia/Tennessee/north Carolina mountains before that for a few years. 

I put about 50 miles on it today. Other than the rattling heat sheilds and dead radio, its a fantastic driving car. Ac blows good, seat heaters feel good, alignment is great, etc. Not a thing wrong with it. Change the fluids, do a timing belt soonish, and rock out for another 100k. 

Ive priced it at what i think is a good deal for one of us, with the intent of fly and drive while still being under fair market value for any area. It also happens to be the least money i could convince my friends was a good sale price. 

Dusterbd13-michael
4/18/19 12:41 p.m.

Still here! 

I'll be putting it on Craigslist in the next week or so if nobody here wants it.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson MegaDork
4/19/19 8:39 p.m.

What is the trans and torque converter like?  Wasn’t this one of the years with the extended warranty?  Also does it burn any oil?

Dusterbd13-michael
4/19/19 9:02 p.m.

In reply to Adrian_Thompson :

No issues that i can detect with shifting or torque converter. Also, no reports of oil consumption by them on their trips. So, i feel confident in giving it a clean bill of health in both those areas.

I have no idea about extended warranty or not.

Dusterbd13-michael
4/30/19 10:40 a.m.

Figured its time to bump the thread

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
4/30/19 1:11 p.m.

FYI 

Just last week, this independent operator out of Jacksonville, FL moved a Prius for me from Ohio to Illinois. 

Feel free to contact him directly and drop my name.  http://hanisinc.com/#

His trip took him out of Jax north toward NY.  He dropped off a motorcycle in Cleveland then picked up the Prius on his way towards Detroit Metro then down to Columbus, OH, then Indianapolis, then Springfield, Illinois. I'm not sure where he was going after that but generally south. 

Dusterbd13-michael
5/22/19 7:39 a.m.

Last attempt here before craigslist. Titled into my name to make things easier for craigslist. 

They are good with 4500, so that will take it. Here.

Professor brap was able to have a car shipped to ohio for under $300 for what thats worth.

Please, save me fromthe inbred mouth breathing morons that inhabit craigslist and Facebook marketplace.....

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson MegaDork
5/22/19 9:46 a.m.

Tempting, tempting, tempting.  Need a job, need a job, need a job...

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ftRks3K7En7VtDs7SGyf8v77LmGzDtM4qtCgWNdWKqYIfiCexuiGucBfrs03Fdur