NY Nick
NY Nick GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/21/22 12:30 p.m.

I have decided I can't take the mental anguish of this truck anymore. I have written about every issue I have had with it here and I don't think it is far from being a really decent truck. That said every time I use it I am sour and that isn't how you should feel about your vehicle. There are a few things that are still in need of help on it and a couple cosmetic items, I will tell anyone that is interested all the details of them: has a couple paint runs from repairs on previous repairs (car fax listed 2 light damage accidents early in life), minor rust on interior seam of tailgate, has a hyperflash on Left turn signal although all lights work, doesn't like to take on fuel (even though it has a new vent solenoid and filter, probably a plugged line), Left running board doesn't like to retract.

Those are the highlights. It is nice and shiny as you can see in the pics, interior is good, drives nice. Runs good, lots of power. It has an intermittent stumble still from the VVT but it is much better than it has been since I bought it now that I have done another oil change, I think the VVT solenoid got dirty and that caused it. Here is a link to the Craigslist ad and I will put a couple of pics below. Asking $18k but willing to work and like I said I am 100% transparent on the condition.

Nick

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
9/21/22 1:20 p.m.

The hyper flash is indicative of a bad bulb.  Did you check all the bulbs including odd and tiny ones the ones in the rear view mirrors or on the sides of the car?  

NY Nick
9/21/22 1:24 p.m.

In reply to John Welsh :

Every single one and I had my local Indy check it. He suspects a bad ground but couldn't locate it either (or me). 

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
9/21/22 6:58 p.m.

Feeling sour ya say?

Try driving an '86 Pontiac Grand Am for 9 suffering years and hating the hockey stick era gauges every day.

NY Nick
9/21/22 7:20 p.m.

In reply to Datsun310Guy :

Lol. I feel you. Once the joy is gone on a vehicle I don't get it back very easily. It's probably why I switch  cars every year or two. Plus I see a new shiny penny and I get distracted. 

psteav (Forum Supporter)
psteav (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/21/22 7:35 p.m.

I hate that snakebitten feeling...but I'm with you.  Once I'm sour on a car, I'm sour on it and I want it gone.  And I think you're likely right that you've gotten most of the demons out by now.  GLWS.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
P8ZMlHQCcQhBmOkCZbDaKIiNXH8SylB0KgBGescL17bhey2LvxVdV0esQWUSyd1c