asoduk
asoduk HalfDork
11/22/22 2:41 p.m.

Here is the CL ad with pics: https://akroncanton.craigslist.org/cto/7557055297.html

It has miles, but still runs great and looks great. Batteries are good. Drivers seat has some wear, but no holes. 

AWSX1686 (Forum Supporter)
AWSX1686 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
11/22/22 3:50 p.m.

Looks nice!

sleepyhead the buffalo
sleepyhead the buffalo GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
11/22/22 5:00 p.m.

ugh.  this is going to sorely test my resolve about avoiding buying a used car from Ohio.

asoduk
asoduk HalfDork
11/28/22 8:56 a.m.

The good: it runs great, is very presentable, more fun to drive than a prius, doesn't have the weird interior of a prius, recently passed the Lexus dealer's "inspection". I'm not sure if the tint is from Lexus, but it is very good. I get 36-40mpg depending on how late we are running. rear pads were recently changed. all filters have been recently changed. PCV valve has been recently changed. its always had synthetic oil changes with toyota filters every 5k while in my ownership. 

The bad: drivers seat isn't ripped or worn out, but does show some use. lexus wheels all have at least a little bit of rash. there are areas that have been touched up on both bumpers with the correct 3 stage correction, but if you look closely you can still tell. the one that scares people: it was wrecked in the RF at around 20k miles. I bought it many years and 1 owner later and haven't had any issues. the RF headlight fogs up after a high pressure car wash.

GRM Price: $8500

I would not hesitate to drive this across the country. Cruises very nice at speed while sipping fuel. 

Aaron_King
Aaron_King GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
11/28/22 9:27 a.m.

In reply to asoduk :

Is that your red 9-3 convertable in the backround?

porschenut
porschenut HalfDork
11/28/22 11:10 a.m.

Have you done an actual test on the battery?  Dr Prius app or torque test?

spitfirebill
spitfirebill MegaDork
11/28/22 12:42 p.m.
sleepyhead the buffalo said:

ugh.  this is going to sorely test my resolve about avoiding buying a used car from Ohio.

Same here. 

asoduk
asoduk HalfDork
11/29/22 9:27 a.m.

In reply to Aaron_King :

Yes... also for sale. 90k, auto, 2001...

asoduk
asoduk HalfDork
11/29/22 9:53 a.m.

In reply to porschenut :

I'll get Dr Prius and run one today. I didn't realize that existed!

asoduk
asoduk HalfDork
12/1/22 8:46 a.m.

asoduk
asoduk HalfDork
12/1/22 8:47 a.m.

I should also mention that I ran the life expectancy test a few times and kept getting different numbers ranging from 50% to 65%. I suspect that the cold weather had something to do with it.

porschenut
porschenut HalfDork
12/1/22 9:05 a.m.

That much variance is normal, I found the same sort of thing.  If the battery is original it could be a few years from a rebuild or a few weeks, but that sort of thing is not a problem anymore.  Nice car at a decent price, GLWS.

93gsxturbo
93gsxturbo UltraDork
12/4/22 10:50 a.m.

Any time I see a photo of just the inside half of the drivers seat and the whole passenger seat, I automatically assume the outside edge of the drivers seat is completely mangled by some 400lb behemoth.  Would definitely help your case of "used but not abused" to show the whole interior.  

asoduk
asoduk HalfDork
12/5/22 2:43 p.m.

In reply to 93gsxturbo :

I think this is the photo you're looking for, and I've had enough miatas to understand! 
https://photos.app.goo.gl/HpwX59KXaqsY7z319

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
aM9odQUx2zkx0A50viWjQ6NXOfszzgEjIaAxb06iWMnDF1Fstt4Z1paQSPVv2MmF