SKJSS (formerly Klayfish)
SKJSS (formerly Klayfish) PowerDork
12/26/21 10:10 a.m.

Instead of retyping everything, I'm going to take the lazy route and link my CL ad.  

https://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/cto/d/dallas-2012-mercedes-e550-convertible/7423447808.htm

The story I wrote in the ad is 100% legit and I'm almost embarrassed to admit it.  My wife and I looked at a dozen cars, but the 996 never crossed my mind.  Brought this Benz home and my son said "Dad, why didn't you buy her a 996?"  I ridiculed him and told him he was nuts.  Well, he got the last laugh I suppose....  Anyway, we love this car but since we have a 996 and my DD is a 128i, I don't want my garage to be too German heavy.  Pics in the CL ad suck, the car was a bit dirty and I just threw it up there in haste for the hell of it.  Here's a cleaner picture of the car.  Cars and Bids accepted the car but wanted me to put the reserve much lower than I am comfortable with, so I want to try other avenues first.

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
12/29/21 11:11 p.m.

Could a real person fit in the back of that?  Also, is it black or blue?

12/30/21 8:52 a.m.

Yes, there's actually a decent amount of leg room back there.  As long as the driver isn't 6'8" tall, an adult can sit back there.  Getting back there isn't the easiest thing on the planet, but once you're there...

MB called the color Lunar Blue Metallic.  It's a medium blue, really pretty IMO.  The top is navy blue. 

jh36
jh36 Dork
12/30/21 9:15 a.m.
wvumtnbkr said:

Could a real person fit in the back of that?  Also, is it black or blue?

This could indeed be the droid that you (I guess actually your sister) seek. 

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
12/30/21 11:43 a.m.

Texted.  

Let's see how this goes.

1/10/22 1:33 p.m.

Bringing this back up for the new year.  May wind up holding it until the weather starts getting warmer and tax returns start flowing in.  Market for drop tops should start picking back up then.

1/20/22 6:25 a.m.

One last bump....

t44tq
t44tq New Reader
1/21/22 10:31 a.m.

That car is very nice- you need to point out that the car has Distronic and ortho seats- those are a big plus for buyers who know these cars well.

Lunar Blue is beautiful color- my E550 sedan is the same color and I love it.

Also, the M278 makes the car a seriously fast car.

1/21/22 11:10 a.m.

Thanks!  I didn't realize ortho seats were an optional thing.  They're nuts...so many different adjustments I don't even know where to start.

Yeah, it's incredibly fast.  It'll blow the doors of a lot of sports cars.  A simple dyno tune can bring it to 500hp and 730tq.  If we had, or do, keep the car I very well may do that.  Talk about a sleeper....

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/21/22 6:17 p.m.

These cars are a muscle cars for grownups.  Lots of class but not to flashy. Much faster than you think.  

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/21/22 6:21 p.m.

I think you are not asking enough for that. I would up your price to at least 27k. The low price may be scaring people away.

clownkiller
clownkiller HalfDork
1/21/22 7:42 p.m.

You might be a little low on asking price. I dont know if that will scare people off. 

1/21/22 9:28 p.m.

Yeah, the book values seem really screwed up. They say private party value is $20,000.  When you look at cars on the market, they are selling for far more.  I tried to price it aggressively but not too low.  Cars and Bids have accepted it, but want me to put the reserve way down in the teens.  I can't imagine it selling that low, but am nervous about taking the gamble.

clownkiller
clownkiller HalfDork
1/21/22 9:43 p.m.

clownkiller
clownkiller HalfDork
1/21/22 9:46 p.m.

Checked out your ad, again to see if anything could be changed. When I hit reply I got the above error has occurred.  Never seen this before. Have you had contacts from Craigslist contact you?

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/21/22 10:48 p.m.

In reply to SKJSS (formerly Klayfish) :

Do NOT take a reserve you aren't okay with!! Remember that C&B can sell your car for less than reserve and make up the difference to you. This happens a LOT with them. 

dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
1/21/22 11:30 p.m.

Oh man I get the same "an error has occurred" when hitting reply to your ad. If you haven't had any response that might be why!!

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
1/21/22 11:50 p.m.

Same "error" for me too if I try to reply.  

It's $5.  I'd might just start over a whole new listing.  

1/22/22 7:55 a.m.

Huh, odd.  I had some shiny happy person heckling me about the car.  Could he have done something?  I'll relist it.  What do you think about the price?  Accurate, too high, too low?

clownkiller
clownkiller HalfDork
1/23/22 11:37 a.m.

You have priced to sell. With used cars being at a higher value than ever, you may be a little low. I'm not sure why it hasn't sold. I have never sold a car that expensive. Fwiw, Glws

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
hnVU5dnHIUkiwrwYI4XCj934cHcHrqMi8JYwhM132kBwTqOr8NBEx1qJYIvvqFZB