trumant (Forum Supporter)
trumant (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand Reader
7/26/20 6:18 p.m.

Photo album

GRM price is $7250. The bike (and I) are in the Philadelphia, PA suburbs.

This is the Multistrada 1200S Touring. ABS, electronically adjustable suspension and 4 riding modes that customize ABS, horsepower, suspension and throttle response. Heated grips and accessory power sockets.

Has many aftermarket accessories: SW Motec bars, touring lights, motorcycle-specific GPS and extra loud horn to let the cars know you mean business. Comes with three hard cases so you can pile on the miles with all your stuff.

Selling to fund my other hobbies. This beautiful gal hasn’t been getting the attention she deserves so now it’s time for someone else to enjoy her.

As noted in last picture, fuel level sensor is currently showing a fault. It’s a model-specific issue and has been very intermittent for the time I’ve owned it. Also noteworthy is that the side cases show some scratches from storage.

No trades. No test rides without cash in my hands.

8/1/20 10:04 a.m.

Bumpity bump

9/19/20 1:15 p.m.

New GRM price is $7250

No money, but it is a beaut!

9/19/20 6:42 p.m.

In reply to wheelsmithy (Joe-with-an-L) (Forum Supporter) :

She is a looker. Thought I had her sold today but the buyer backed out at the very last second after he had already strapped it down to his trailer and we were about to go do the title transfer. Infuriating experience to put it lightly.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
9/19/20 7:56 p.m.

In reply to trumant (Forum Supporter) :

I'd be hacked.  Did you have to take the roll of cash out of your pocket?

03Panther
03Panther Dork
9/19/20 10:01 p.m.

In reply to trumant (Forum Supporter) :

There has GOT to be an interesting story there...

9/19/20 10:41 p.m.

In reply to 03Panther :
Once the bike was on his trailer he complained that he saw an oil leak that he hadn't seen previously when inspecting it and that he needed to buy something he could get on and ride without worrying about maintenance.

My listing is very upfront that I have not been riding the bike more than a few times a year and that it has deferred maintenance issues: fuel level sensor and needs a desmo service soon.

That oil leak that he saw just flat out doesn't exist.

9/19/20 10:42 p.m.

I thought for sure that it was just a negotiating tactic and he was going to ask for another $250 or $500 off the previously agreed upon purchase price but he never once offered up a new number.

ShawnG
ShawnG UltimaDork
9/19/20 11:46 p.m.
trumant (Forum Supporter) said:

In reply to 03Panther : he needed to buy something he could get on and ride without worrying about maintenance.

Tell him that's why Honda still makes the Shadow.

Maintenance costs on Italian bikes are what keeps the riffraff away. It's also why my old bevel drive is still apart.

03Panther
03Panther Dork
9/20/20 12:12 a.m.

I once took a shadow sprit in trade. Rode it a bit, and put it up for sale... no interest, kept lowering price.. guy that has never rode came an hr to get it. Very worried cause it had to be something wrong at low price... I explained to him how to operate it - even though it was an 03, it had a CHOKE!!! He bought it and went home. Called next day cause it wouldn't start, and might have to bring it back. I'm thinking "good luck with that!". I explained again how a manual choke worked. It started. Texted me at 2AM demanding his money back cause it would start but not run. I explained how to push the little black button in after its warmed up. Clueless!!! Finally stopped bothering me.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
bdJ08JNneHAokbJF0vh45dzIoWGRqDXUpvCW5YPy4m8aEjxGopSzcPhvNxrOPAaZ