93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
2/7/21 7:24 p.m.

This is ours. We are selling our 2014 Ford Escape SE with alloy wheels and the 1.6 Ecoboost. 105k miles. It is in pretty good shape. I have a lot maintenance  records. It has had roof rack added and comes with a tow hitch (which has not been installed). Problems: normal scratches of a daily, the panel under the engine came lose and got torn up, interior hatch handle is broken.  The high pressure fuel pump and both fuel pressure sensors have been replaced (it ended up only needing one of the fuel pressure sensors). It was in one little fender bender on the driver's side front but it was well repaired. That is all I know of.  Asking $7000 which seems like a good price specially for the forum so I don't have to deal with the general public. Always lived in the south. Located in Huntsville, AL. 

Edit: I'd do $6.5k. $7k isn't quite as good a deal as I thought at first. But this seems to be at least $500 less then anything similar on my local Facebook marketplace. 

FWD?

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
2/7/21 7:34 p.m.
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) said:

FWD?

Yes. I forgot to put that.

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
2/8/21 9:37 a.m.

Where I live, they are asking $9,750 down from $10,750 for the same car.  Looks like asking $8750 for same near you for an example that doesn't look as nice. 

I know you say you don't want to deal with FB but I bet if you put that up on a Weds for $7,500 it would be gone by Saturday for asking price.  You would also probably have more people interested than you can answer.  

It's tax return time.  If you went down to $6,500 asking price, the car will sell the same day and I bet it will be a used car lot who buys it.  If you want to limit your hassle, go see what a Ford dealer will give you for the car as trade in without buying anything from them.  Do you have a CarMax or Carvana near?  Even try visiting a dealer who just deals in used cars.  

This size SUV is the hottest sellers in the marketplace.  

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman SuperDork
2/8/21 9:41 a.m.
John Welsh said:

It's tax return time.  If you went down to $6,500 asking price, the car will sell the same day and I bet it will be a used car lot who buys it.  If you want to limit your hassle, go see what a Ford dealer will give you for the car as trade in without buying anything from them.  Do you have a CarMax or Carvana near?    

I would highly recommend the kbb instant offer, carvana, vroom and autonation will also do an instant offer. One of these will probably be more at least the $6500 you are asking and will be much quicker and easier. 

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
2/8/21 11:30 a.m.
Andy Neuman said:
John Welsh said:

It's tax return time.  If you went down to $6,500 asking price, the car will sell the same day and I bet it will be a used car lot who buys it.  If you want to limit your hassle, go see what a Ford dealer will give you for the car as trade in without buying anything from them.  Do you have a CarMax or Carvana near?    

I would highly recommend the kbb instant offer, carvana, vroom and autonation will also do an instant offer. One of these will probably be more at least the $6500 you are asking and will be much quicker and easier. 

Yeah I might well do that but I want to give people on this forum and the local autocross forum a chance to snag a deal first.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
2/8/21 11:34 a.m.
John Welsh said:

Where I live, they are asking $9,750 down from $10,750 for the same car.  Looks like asking $8750 for same near you for an example that doesn't look as nice. 

I know you say you don't want to deal with FB but I bet if you put that up on a Weds for $7,500 it would be gone by Saturday for asking price.  You would also probably have more people interested than you can answer.  

It's tax return time.  If you went down to $6,500 asking price, the car will sell the same day and I bet it will be a used car lot who buys it.  If you want to limit your hassle, go see what a Ford dealer will give you for the car as trade in without buying anything from them.  Do you have a CarMax or Carvana near?  Even try visiting a dealer who just deals in used cars.  

This size SUV is the hottest sellers in the marketplace.  

I saw a couple 2013s SE with 110k-120k for $6900. I do have a CarMax nearby and I am considering that.

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
2/9/21 10:53 a.m.
93EXCivic said:

Yeah I might well do that but I want to give people on this forum and the local autocross forum a chance to snag a deal first.

Somebody's gonna get a deal!  

Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter)
Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
2/9/21 11:28 a.m.
John Welsh said:
93EXCivic said:

Somebody's gonna get a deal!  

Yep, if this had popped up back in August when we were looking for my daughter, we'd have been all over it. She ended up finding a 2015 AWD Titanium with the 2.0T and similar miles for $11k at a local lot.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
cDqNFFDK1bQqB1f45WRuIpZwCpeHHwbVuxbDAIQRhRmWJbnMhUW5zlMDKbvvM9Gw