Jah29
Jah29 GRM+ Memberand New Reader
11/17/19 5:17 p.m.

Car has been sold.

2014 WCM ultralite Seven

$17,000 obo

World Class Motorsports Ultralite

A Lotus Seven replica with an S2000 2.0 engine and transmission.  1250lb vehicle!

I purchased this car last year through the grassroots motorsports forum.  I am losing all my storage space in a few weeks so this car needs to go fast.

The car is nearly identical to its previous ad so you can check that out:

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/open-classifieds/fs-wcm-ultralite-s2k-lotus-super-seven-for-sale-il/138706/page1/

The only thing I have done since acquiring the car is change the clutch slave cylinder with an aftermarket S2000 unit that reduced pedal effort from “pull over every few miles to rest your leg” to “nicely firm.”

Car is fast.  Way too fast.  Perfect car if that’s what you’re looking for.  Power to weight of hellcat redeye: 5.7 lbs/hp.  WCM7: 5.21 lbs/hp.  Handles quite a bit better than the dodge too.

Main gotcha on this car is the complete lack of a parking brake.  Not really a problem with the high compression motor in gear.

I have it registered as 1967 Lotus.  In Virginia this means no annual inspection, no emissions testing, and no property tax.

One went for $24,000 on bring a trailer:

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2004-world-class-motorsports-ultralite-s2k/

$17,000 obo

very willing to deal if you can come right away.

located in Leesburg, VA

Justin

jahughes@mindspring.com

fatallightning
fatallightning New Reader
11/18/19 3:49 p.m.

Any kind of weather gear/tounneaus? Defrost/heat? Miles? Roll hoop passes the broom stick test with a person of average height?

Jah29
11/19/19 7:42 a.m.

In reply to fatallightning :

No cold weather gear.  Does not have defrost and heat.  About 7000 miles.  Don’t know mileage on the engine.

Roll hoop is a significant amount above harness holes, so I don’t think it would be a problem for normal people.  But would depend on how you do the broomstick test on a car with practically no windshield.  Seat does not move.  Pedal box slides for leg length and steering wheel is quick release so would be easy to add spacers to move it out.

thanks,

justin

dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
11/19/19 9:26 a.m.

What an amazing car and that seems like a really great price.

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
11/19/19 9:52 a.m.

I remember when this was for sale last year. I thought it was a dream car then, and still feel the same way.

fatallightning
11/19/19 10:11 a.m.

Sent you an email.

Jah29
11/19/19 12:11 p.m.
T.J. said:

I remember when this was for sale last year. I thought it was a dream car then, and still feel the same way.

price is OBO.  ready to make dreams come true!

Don't make me rent storage space...

fatallightning
11/22/19 3:49 p.m.

I ended up buy a Birkin from a dealer on Thursday, I sent him this ad though as something for him to possibly buy. Good luck!

Jah29
11/22/19 3:54 p.m.
fatallightning said:

I ended up buy a Birkin from a dealer on Thursday, I sent him this ad though as something for him to possibly buy. Good luck!

Thank you.  Would appreciate the names of other dealers if you know of any.  The only one I've found was wiredwheel.

thanks, justin

Lightguy
Lightguy
11/23/19 4:57 p.m.

In reply to Jah29 :

Call me at 817 475 6112

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltimaDork
11/23/19 7:31 p.m.
Jah29 said:

This car you are selling is what I really want - Love it.  Below is my skill level - not sure what it really was supposed to be but I think it is a 7.   LOL  

https://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/cto/d/west-chicago-triumph-cars-for-sale/7026027881.html

imarcr2
imarcr2 New Reader
11/30/19 8:11 p.m.

Dreams do come true, wife relented and this one is finally coming home

rdcyclist
rdcyclist GRM+ Memberand Reader
12/1/19 3:09 p.m.

In reply to imarcr2 :

Praise the Lord. I'm on the other end of the country and was plotting how to get it out here. I get to avoid the sale presentation to the spousal unit.

Jah29
12/17/19 7:33 a.m.

Car has been sold.  Thanks everyone .

justin

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
tWc8gJDVPdC1obwR5tEfX48vB6UDnjeLAtRqXfVo6WCZD6UlvQYsJdw6DQVWAfSy