nlevine (Forum Supporter)
nlevine (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand Reader
4/21/22 10:50 a.m.

Looks like a nice E3 at a reasonable-ish price that's worth saving. If only it wasn't an automatic...

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/576980700643555

No photo description available.

Slippery
Slippery GRM+ Memberand UberDork
4/21/22 10:54 a.m.

Wow, that looks really nice and clean. Strange given the location since these, like e9s are rust factories. 

golfduke
golfduke Dork
4/21/22 11:19 a.m.

This is close to me if anyone wants eyes on it... Tempted to see it myself if I didnt just buy an E46 wagon...

And sidenote-  NH has a surprising amount of good, old BMW iron, solely for the reasons of vsr1 being local and keeping a lot of them in strong order. 

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/21/22 11:46 a.m.

Given where it's been parked I'd be concerned about the condition of the underside of the car.

golfduke
golfduke Dork
4/21/22 11:52 a.m.

seller reputation is... less than stellar as well.  I still might swing by after work just to check it out though, for curiosity's sake.

golfduke
golfduke Dork
4/21/22 1:18 p.m.

Just got ahold of the guys nephew.  Been sitting on grass for a year, ran when parked... old man has owned if for 28 years.  Gonna look at it in a few hours... 

4/21/22 1:48 p.m.

In reply to golfduke :

Cool! Keep us posted! Curious as to its condition. If I didn't have a driveway full of Porsche 924s in various states of disrepair, I'd be interested in it myself. Doing a manual conversion on an E3 could be a nice project..

billstewartx
billstewartx Reader
4/21/22 2:14 p.m.

yea, lets hear the status report...

golfduke
golfduke Dork
4/22/22 10:51 a.m.

The status is that I should have trusted my instincts when I talked to the nephew and not gone.  When I got there, someone was loading it up onto a trailer already, after he gave me first right of refusal over the phone and I was at his house <3 hours after he posted it for sale... 

It was incredibly frustrating, because the car did look straight as hell and mostly* rust free.  

Someone got a great deal... I'm still a little salty that it wasn't me, haha. 

4/24/22 11:42 p.m.

Bummer...

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
7FwCa7pYQU7NDd5kIlXLftW3N95uVUnnpn8VJuz57YfdmcRFPZIJWqMPoKNrMnFv