dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/7/20 7:36 p.m.

I would like to trim down my water cooled Porsche fleet and move my non runners and some of my parts stash as well.

THE 951

The 951 I picked up as a project thinking I would either put it together as a challenge car and or put it together as a DD.

The car is from Tennessee last registered in 08.  It is NOT complete.  The motor is a long block with accessories (intake and turbo are not there) I did a compression test and a leak down test and the motor is at 155 on all cylinders.  The nose of teh car is loosely held together just t keep it looking respectable.  The bumper support is missing along with the bumper absorbers.  The KLR is missing.  The brakes (it uses teh big brakes) are missing.  The interior is in really good shape.  It has the sport seat.  I cleaned it up when I got it but there is still a faint musty smell in the car.   I have not had the wheels off nor have I put it up on stands to see what else is there or not.  

The 924S

I had this car since the early 90's.  It has allot or really good race car parts on it.  Koni's, Iboc springs, Fully adjustable bars front and rear (for get brand at the moment but they were the best at the time) Auto power roll bar,  It was my track car for many years.  At the moment it is extremely low on oil pressure and the last time I started it there was a massive fuel leak on the soft line running to the fuel rail spraying a cloud of fuel everywhere.  Rear end it an open dif unit from a 951.   So I shut it down ASAP.  It needs a motor swap or should just be stripped of parts.   The ignition is using a custom cam triggered JLJr setup using a ford EDIS based ignition (from a 94 contour if I remember)  with a custom map and custom cam.  There is a 3 quart accusump in it.  Custom telltale tachometer.  This was a fantastic handling car.  

PARTS

Spare motor from MO30 that ran when we pulled it about 2.5 years ago.  I have box's of parts that will go with these cars.  I really don't remember what all I have as I have been collecting them for years.  I have several sets of tires.

Titles:  I have clean titles for both cars

Other Stuff  

Set of 4 dp Rims that are real three piece rims.  Very light and strong.  Never bent (never ht anything that I know of) I am not sure what they have for times on them at the moment.  I have a door that is sanded and ready for paint.  I   

A set of 5 Porsche 928 manhole cover rims.  All standard offset for a square setup.

A door (not sure of the side at the moment all sanded and ready for paint.

A complete rear deck lid with glass and teh wing from a 944 that is in good shape

A set of willwood calipers (not sure of they are ft or rear's)

Griffon radiator (new)

Air equip fuel rail with gage (new)

Couple high volume fuel pumps

Dino Wheel and adapter

And a bunch more stuff in box's

2nd set black leather seats

red 944 lower plastic nose

930 center nose piece (no louvers)

There is more I will add as I think of it or actaully look in box's

Edit

3.0l block

2.5 NA head complete referb ported and polished 2 hr run time to brake in the motor and verify it was issue free then pulled as a spare. 

Pricing?  I am Not sure on this.   I  WANT to sell all this as a package to some one.  I really don't want to deal with multiple sales and the CL/FB idiots. ADDITIONALLY I will wright challenge friendly receipts in any manor you would like.  As long as the total works out that I get my $$$.  If you come take all of it my price comes down from the prices below.  The numbers below I would be rather firm on if I was selling things separately on FB or CL.  Oh I for got a ported and polished 89 head I have on the shelf as a backup in case the TB snapped or the 3.0l block I have with the girdle and balance shafts and housings.  (I may want to keep this actually  LOL) 

The 89 951 is a rare car BUT it is a non running big project or a lucrative part out.   I am in to it for $1500. 

The 924s is Much tougher for me to price.  I am thinking the value is in the suspensions parts, the trans and the roll bar.  So say another $1500.

All the other parts are another $3,000.  The dp rims are worth $1,000 by them self.  The 3.0l Block is rare.  Last time I priced on it was over 1K $$$  The Head is also $500-$700 Add in another set of rims and some of the other bits and you are at 3K easy.  

If some one came in and took it I think $4,000 would be my number for all of it.

Reason for Selling?  I am going to purchase another 944 from a board member here.  I also acquired my moms car (2016 rave 4 AWD with 30K on it) that I really did not need but it was a deal I could not pass up.  Because of the RAV showing up I need to move these out of my yard.  I was already at my limit and the RAV came along.  I now have been putting cars down in my back field (wife is not happy about this) so it is time to move this stuff along.   

If you think my $$$$'s are out of line say so and lets make a deal.  None of this stuff is doing me any good as it sits.  I don't need the $$$ I need the space and I need a happy wife. Hell you can low ball my $4000 if you want.  You never know.  Oh I also take partial payment in good beer, single malt scotch, I would also do some sort of trade that involved a Nikon D750 or a D7500 (My wife wants one).  Actually this would be a real WIN WIN for me as the cars she hates go away and she gets a camera she has wanted for a while.   

PHOTOS

Working on it!!!  If you are interested I can email them I will try and post some up here later. or host them on my domain and then link them here.

dean1484
6/7/20 7:37 p.m.

951 photos

924s photos 

Spare motor in shed.

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
6/7/20 8:07 p.m.

Damn it Dean I was just thinking yesterday that I need to pick your brain on 944/924S things.  I'm just not ready to take the plunge yet.  Kicker is I think the 951 has a parts car sitting one block from me.

chandler
chandler PowerDork
6/7/20 8:08 p.m.

I'd like to see the DPs, I've had four different sets and wouldn't mind another.

dean1484
6/8/20 8:41 a.m.

In reply to Stampie (FS) :

Pick away. They are good cars.  They have there quirks and like all German cars need a bit more attention than a Toyota. The timing belt issues are overblown in both frequency of failure and difficulty of service.  Seed and reference sensors seem to be the other common problem but from what I have seen it is usually bad wiring at the connectors and not the actual connectors or the sensor. For track use you have to be careful with the R&P. They don't like shock loading and will brake. The 951 dif solves this issue.  A clutch job is a bit of a pain as you are dealing with a torque tube.  Engine can come out the top or the bottom. I personally like taking them out the top.  There is more but these are the big ones 

dean1484
6/8/20 8:46 a.m.
chandler said:

I'd like to see the DPs, I've had four different sets and wouldn't mind another.

I would have to dig them out of my barn. If you take a car I will make you a deal on the wheels. I was thinking of using the dp wheels on the hopefully new to me 944 as I really like the look of them. But my goal here is to get cars moved. 

Stefan (Forum Supporter)
Stefan (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/8/20 9:56 a.m.

Sounds like putting the 951 drivetrain into the 924S is the way to go.  Its been done and it isn't terribly difficult, just a good amount of manual labor.

Then one can put an LSx into the 951 and have some more fun :)

Seriously though, good luck with the sale.  If you were closer I might try to see how close to divorce I could get with the spousal unit.

dean1484
6/8/20 4:28 p.m.

Found the DME for the 951 today. 

dean1484
6/8/20 4:58 p.m.

In reply to Stefan (Forum Supporter) :

I would actually go the other way. Make the 951 a NA car with parts and pieces and bolt a supercharger on it and then mega squirt it. I have that as well in my stash of stuff all mapped out for a plug and play to a 944 I also have the 951 intake manifold and a 951 Throttle body with the TPS that you need for the MS as it has a liner potentiometer versus the NA cars that the throttle body TPS is just an on off switch that puts it in closed loop at WOT. 

over on Clark's garage I have a whole thread on it. I would also use an edis based cam triggered ignition system with the MS. I have the on the 924s but controlled with Megga Jolt Light Jr. the EDIS has multi spark built in under 2600 RPM and this really helps the 944 run so much better. It adds a noticeable amount of low end torque. That alone was worth the swap to it. I also liked it that it eliminated the 944 stock timing map that falls on its face at around 5800 - 6000 or so.  The map I have the car pulls to 6800 like a train if you want. I put a soft cut at 6450 and a hard cut at 6700 for street use this is high enough. 

Cotton
Cotton PowerDork
6/8/20 9:47 p.m.

If you end up splitting things I would be very interested in the 951.  I've owned two in the past and would like another.

dean1484
6/9/20 7:24 a.m.

In reply to Cotton :

I would sell them separately. let's talk. 

dean1484
6/9/20 7:43 a.m.

What I don't want to do is sell all the good parts and be stuck with the cars. In short I won't part out the cars. 

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/9/20 8:00 a.m.

This seems like a great deal. and an 87 924 is my favorite 944. 

But I can't take these on right now. 

dean1484
6/10/20 1:12 p.m.

Seriously I am open or offers on the cars.  (The offers don't have to be serious laugh) I need the space and a happy wife WAY more than I need $$$$$.  It would be great to see one or both end up at the challenge or just take them away and part them out.  The part out value of the 951 I figured greatly exceeded my purchase price.  That was my reasoning for purchasing the 951.  The 924s is a car that I have had longer than I have known my wife.  It has served me well but it is time for it to move on to someone else that will either use it or can use parts from it.  

dean1484
6/12/20 3:58 p.m.

Added 924s photos. Looks like I need to get out the vacuum and clean it up a bit. 

octavious
octavious Dork
6/13/20 8:35 a.m.

I want that 951 soooooo much. Are you gonna be back in TN anytime soon?

dean1484
6/13/20 9:04 a.m.

The 924s is the car that I really want gone. I am going to to pull it out and get it started. I am going to empty it and give it a vacuum.  I will then post up better photos. 

dean1484
6/13/20 9:07 a.m.

Not planing on getting down there any time soon. You can always have it shipped. Or do a fly and YouHall. I have no problem picking people up at either Boston or Manchester NH. Airports. 

dean1484
6/13/20 9:08 a.m.

I am also going to clean out the barn and I will pull out the extra hatch and the door and photo those. 

Cotton
Cotton PowerDork
6/13/20 4:53 p.m.
dean1484 said:

In reply to Cotton :

I would sell them separately. let's talk. 

Just getting back to this thread.  I'll shoot you an email.

dean1484
6/16/20 8:44 a.m.

Got it email returned

dean1484
6/16/20 8:48 a.m.

At the moment My wife really wants the 924s Gone.  She likes the look and color of the 951.  The 924s is by far the most compete car and actually ran when parked.  IT has low oil pressure (zero at warm idle) and a fuel leak in the soft line running to the rail (sprays a nice mist of fuel everywhere over the motor) so I have not started it since.  Some one make the 924s go away.  Seriously make me an unreasonable offer.   We can even discuss a package deal with the spare complete motor I have.  An easy swap in a weekend and you have a running driving car. 

dean1484
7/2/20 11:29 a.m.

Bumping back to the top

Rex
Rex New Reader
10/24/20 1:40 a.m.

Any chance you'd part with the 951?

The 951 is desirable with those options and probably worth restoring given current pricing.  The 924S would likely make a nice driver or hpde car with some love.  

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
DW3HPy78qpC9bwAQ5dHRVPDTl9HpOVSn1PLoQe4n37f4eFbjAfwD8sIz6fkNGt3R