OzarkOwen
OzarkOwen New Reader
2/2/18 9:22 p.m.

NMNA.  Apropos the recent Classic Volvo article...Years ago I had a 122s, a 145, and a 245. Great cars and even I could work on them. This one is about 2 hours from me, I have not seen it. If I had a garage spot, I sure would go look at it, and probably bring it home. It may seem a little high on price, but I think it is in the “ Try to Find Another One “category. It sure looks clean and stock, and a manual! As is often said here, someone get this!

I’m on my iPad and not so good at posting links. Sorry, and being an old guy, hint -the 122S was a current model 1966, is not a good excuse.

So as Steve Martin used to say, Well, excuse me!

Maybe some nice person will post the link.

OzarkOwen
OzarkOwen New Reader
2/2/18 9:26 p.m.

Oh, I forgot! (must be a S. MARTIN kind of night)

mileage is reported to be be 119K.  Price $4950. 

CJ
CJ GRM+ Memberand New Reader
2/3/18 12:00 a.m.
spitfirebill
spitfirebill MegaDork
2/3/18 7:03 a.m.

That is a strong price, but it sure is clean.  

Xradchadx
Xradchadx New Reader
2/3/18 9:54 a.m.

I've been looking for a nice 240 for a while. I'm gonna get some info on the car. I live about 3 hrs outside of Memphis. Do you guys think that price is fair? Seems a little high to me.

ManhattanM (fka NY535iManual)
ManhattanM (fka NY535iManual) Reader
2/3/18 10:25 a.m.

It can be hard to tell the condition of white paint in pictures, but the body looks super clean. The interior plastics look good, but the real magic is how nice the velour seats look.

I've been half heartedly looking for one of these for an engine swap project. Around $2000 seems the going rate for "non rusty but dirty w/rough interior". Clean cars seem to be mid-high 3k range, so if you add in a manual this asking price is a tad high but definitely not crazy. 

EDIT EDIT EDIT: I looked back at the pictures again. In the 5th pic there is a bubble of rust under the rear glass gasket. I don't know how involved a repair that is, somebody who knows these cars better can probably say how common it is. Definitely something that can push the price down. 

Xradchadx
Xradchadx New Reader
2/4/18 8:31 a.m.

SOLD! What a bummer. The universe does not want me to have a 240. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
6ovVabHCci5Kd7TQ0JBlYyZyXWnWyVztGOVbYFJL8s1zIPRPMHCdlofvbGbqPCbM