03Panther
03Panther PowerDork
9/17/22 5:55 p.m.

As men tend on other threads, My Financial Manager is going to sell her aunts 1994 Buick Roadmaster Sedan LT1 time capsule. 
Does have 125K miles on it; Miss Nancy did like to drive. But it got pampered in a climate controlled garage. This car is awesome. 

I really need better photo skills to show how nice this is. I do have a file with close ups of every fingernail size (or less) dent or scratch. 
Down to $5250 on local ad, and will put price back up when I get my car fixed, but a temporary GRM price is now $4400!

03Panther
03Panther PowerDork
9/17/22 6:32 p.m.

seats are a much lighter blue; all look about like they've never been sat in! Oh, and since it was driven, not stored, I also have a stack of maint. records. 

worst "wear" on whole car: rest of cheap GM plastic looks good. 

03Panther
03Panther PowerDork
9/17/22 7:23 p.m.

if anyone wants better pictures of the factory dual exhaust w/resonators and general lack of rust, I can find a lift to "borrow" to get better ones. 
And:

For anyone that's never seen a factory LT1 in a B body!!!

03Panther
03Panther PowerDork
9/17/22 7:41 p.m.

And for the RPO geeks (like myself) :

Basically, Miss Nancy ordered everything HD, except left the stock, no option softest suspension ever made in it!

GIRTHQUAKE
GIRTHQUAKE SuperDork
9/17/22 11:17 p.m.

Where are you located?

03Panther
03Panther PowerDork
9/18/22 12:41 a.m.

In reply to GIRTHQUAKE :

Just west of Dothan AL. 
Miss Nancy bought it when she still lived in South Central FL. Spent most it's life in Williamsburg, VA. We had it shipped down here when the nursing home did not have a climate controlled garage for her to keep it in, and she sold her place! laugh

Steve_Jones
Steve_Jones SuperDork
9/18/22 10:19 a.m.

The way the shadow is hitting the door in the main photo, it makes it look like the door has been redone, and not very well. If that photo is in your main ad, I'd delete it. I would assume that's a parking lot with a sign sale, as not many people are searching online for one. You need a buyer to see it and think "that works"

03Panther
03Panther PowerDork
9/18/22 10:31 a.m.

In reply to Steve_Jones :

Thanks. I'll look into that picture. 
I don't have very good places to put it, here in my little area. I did get permission to put it up at the busy corner a mile away. He always has various stuff out for sale, some junky, some nice. But always at about twice (sometimes more) than I'd ever be worth... er... so mine fits right in!!!

I set it there half day yesterday, and will have it there today. 
Prolly gonna have to take it to Detroit. Know it will sell for a lot more there!

03Panther
03Panther PowerDork
9/18/22 10:43 a.m.

Absolutely right on the main ad photo. 
That was first picture after unload from transport, so not great location. 
Should photo op for better be in a nice open grassy field, or a parking lot somewhere? I'd have to thing hard on where I can find a big enough empty one. 
Any artfull suggestions for background?

Steve_Jones
Steve_Jones SuperDork
9/18/22 10:46 a.m.

Parking lot. Cars on grass look dumb. Even on the street is better. 

Jordan Rimpela
Jordan Rimpela Dork
9/18/22 10:29 p.m.

Looks like Miss Nancy didn't go with the limited slip (RPO G80) so the new owner will have to make do with an open 2.56. But in a nice example like this it makes little difference. If you get no traction (ha!) selling this locally, it would be a good candidate for Cars and Bids or Bring a Trailer.

And regarding the driver's door, I think it's just the lighting.  I'm not a photography expert, but usually pictures taken after the midday sun with the sun shining on the subject look visually appealing. Grass can work, but it would need to be level. Maybe set against a beautiful local building may help?

03Panther
03Panther PowerDork
9/18/22 11:25 p.m.

In reply to Jordan Rimpela :

Yep, it's a single track. And with the 2.56, it doesn't spin the one, well cheeky

It be a great candidate for a gear and locker, but as you say, this cars market ain't the same as some other B bodies!

And picture is definitely just lighting; Steve knew, just pointed out to me that others might not, for the ad. And he is quite right. 
Thought setting it on the corner worked today. Got a call right after church. But his dad (rightly) would not let him sell his truck for it. 
Spent WAY too much time, but made friends, and gonna try to help with mentoring him. Typical youngster - won't listen to pops,so pops asked me to try!  Long day, when I should have been getting ready to leave for contract in AM. 5 1/2 hr drive, plus a time change!

Im a sucker for helpin'; life ain't been easy, but I'm still kicking, so gotta give back!

Curtis73 (Forum Supporter)
Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/19/22 1:50 a.m.

Sounds counter-intuitive, but photograph it on a cloudy day or in full shade.  It really makes the difference.  Shooting in sun your camera tries to meter based on the brightest and darkest spots which makes contrast go nuts.  Diffused light makes everything a bit more true to life.

SKJSS (formerly Klayfish)
SKJSS (formerly Klayfish) PowerDork
9/22/22 7:13 p.m.

Hey, is this still available?  My son just got in an accident literally an hour ago and his car is done 

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/22/22 7:59 p.m.

In reply to SKJSS (formerly Klayfish) :

Is he ok? And everyone else.

03Panther
03Panther PowerDork
9/22/22 8:05 p.m.

Yes it is! Hope all is ok. Was it the Grand - Ma - quois?

Edit: Sent PM. 

OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
9/22/22 8:37 p.m.
SKJSS (formerly Klayfish) said:

Hey, is this still available?  My son just got in an accident literally an hour ago and his car is done 

Yikes. Hope he is alright!?!?

9/22/22 9:41 p.m.

He is fine, and so is everybody else. Thanks for asking! Car, not so much.

9/22/22 9:41 p.m.

Airbag deployed 

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/22/22 10:12 p.m.

That'll buff out.  Glad that everyone is ok.  Too soon to ask buy out?  Asking for a friend.  Hell not even a close friend.  Just someone I know.  Actually they're kinda annoying to be honest.

03Panther
03Panther PowerDork
9/22/22 10:32 p.m.

I don't know if the financial manager will accept a partial trade, but I could throw it at her!

glad the car is the only casualty. 

9/22/22 10:47 p.m.

I'm traveling to Kentucky at the moment.  I will get a look at it Monday.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
rZRvYMAQJ6yGE5GIHiFA3jCY9Py5VEHpEJ5TgMWVWu4LDUt3fycKWePgsfkpfs6y