Bytes
Bytes New Reader
9/9/18 11:24 p.m.

Update:
I'm getting more serious about selling this now.  Lowered my price and posted on CL https://denver.craigslist.org/cto/d/littleton-1998-bmw-m3-sedan/6896700066.html

--

Selling my 1998 M3 sedan, 5 speed manual.  Color is alpine white, with magma leather interior.  I'm near Littleton, CO (south of Denver).

Aftermarket parts include:
- TC Kline adjustable coilovers
- Apex Arc-8 wheels
- B&M short shifter
- Shark tune
- Depo headlights with HID
- Viper keyless

Car currently has 159k miles.  I purchased it in 2013.  I’ve never really put a lot of miles on it (probably 1-2k per year), as I mostly work from home.  So its mostly just nice weather driver for me.  It’s a great car, and in overall good condition.  The suspension is outstanding, really a joy to drive.  I intended this to be an autocross/track car, but priorities changed...

I replaced the clutch in the winter of 2014, with an OE clutch and new OE dual mass flywheel.  Redid the headliner, power steering lines, O2 sensors, and other preemptive maintenance over the years.  Cooling system was replaced by the previous owner.  Replaced the pads and rotors over the winter.

The body isn’t perfect, but good considering the mileage and age.  One fender has been replaced at some point (DOT-R tag instead of the VIN tag).  The rear bumper, passenger side has a scuff on the corner.  Interior again isn’t perfect but is in pretty good shape.  Biggest issue is some wear on the leather.  Rear seats have some marks, and typical bolster wear on the driver seat.

Known issues:

• A & C pillar covers aren’t in the greatest of shape.  When I redid the headliner, I wrapped the A and C pillars with the same material, so it would all match.  It looked great when I did it years ago, but there’s been some fading.  Also, the drivers A pillar is now loose.  I am considering sourcing new pillar covers.
  • The driver's seat recline adjustment is broken (again).  Forward / backwards mechanism works fine.  But the plastic gears in the recline mechanism stripped.  Its in a comfortable position, so I haven't bother to fix it.

I’m asking $8,750

NordicSaab
NordicSaab Dork
9/10/18 6:44 a.m.

I have a similar car Green Oxford 2/4/5 speed/luxury package.  Good luck with the sale, great cars

Tyler H
Tyler H GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
9/10/18 8:20 a.m.

I'm interested -- sent you a contact request through the forum.  You can reach me at 87tylerh at the gmail or call me at the number I sent.  

Thanks!

docwyte
docwyte SuperDork
9/10/18 8:45 a.m.

This car is probably only 10 minutes away from me.  I've owned several M3's, if someone wants me to go look at it for them, let me know...

bmw88rider
bmw88rider GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/10/18 3:58 p.m.

If it's still around in a couple of months, I will probably be interested. It looks perfect for what I'm looking for but the timing blows. 

Turbine
Turbine GRM+ Memberand New Reader
9/21/18 7:16 a.m.

Dang. I'd totally be interested in this, but I've gotta sell my coupe first. I wish the timing was better. GLWS! 

Bytes
Bytes New Reader
5/26/19 8:06 a.m.

Updated my first post.  Getting more serious about selling it now.

clutchsmoke
clutchsmoke SuperDork
5/28/19 6:01 p.m.

Great looking car! GLWS!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
wB1TnjKX1JiPSIXb6w8kqMEwhqByJHCs2OLfY0exQnP6OvJ7oKLWEHQ3m73puio9