Indy "Nub" Guy
Indy "Nub" Guy PowerDork
9/26/21 12:32 p.m.

This is tempting me.....

$998 Turbo Wagon

Seller said:

This car is a 1998 Volvo V70r with AWD and the 237 HP turbocharged 5 cylinder. I was using this car until 2017 when it was running fine but developed a coolant leak on one of the hoses at the back of the engine and I simply never had the time to fix, so it’s sat since then. This car could either be fixed or used for parts The car has around 190k miles and it has a rebuilt title from 2015 when it was in a front end collision. It can use a new front bumper and I’m including a matching plastic rocker panel cover to replace the original. There was a ton of work done on the car in 2014-2015, about $3k to replace the fuel pump and half shafts.

I would have loved to fix this car and bring it back to working condition, but between a baby and work I won’t have time to fix it for years. This is a perfect project for a Volvo enthusiast and between the value of the rims and interior, is worth more than my asking price. You will need a trailer or some way to tow this car home.

Please email me any questions. I have an Illinois title in my name in hand ready to endorse to the buyer.

Jesse Ransom
Jesse Ransom GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
9/26/21 12:52 p.m.

Thankful it's not local, but you should totally do that!

Looking forward to getting the shop done, so maybe I can complete a project, clear out a parking space, and not have every one of these tempting things go straight to "no place to put it."

I feel like I broke something inside when I couldn't find room for the bargain on a very nice, manual, SBF-swapped Jag XJ6. If I couldn't find room for that, then... it's all over, isn't it?

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/26/21 5:21 p.m.
Jesse Ransom said:
couldn't find room for the bargain on a very nice, manual, SBF-swapped Jag XJ6. If I couldn't find room for that, then... it's all over, isn't it?

Yes, wtb is wrong with you? Doesn't your wife have a nice daily driver you can dump on the cheap or something? Think of the children!

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/26/21 5:23 p.m.

I'd drive that.  Did I miss why it didn't actually run?  Sounds like it just has a coolant leak

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
8xPFHJYCzoHTb1rpP0T95SxXrEnHZ3Syys3qHLFjhVhrxPgOFK20NaUD4c4LSDoT