1 2
captainawesome
captainawesome Dork
10/1/21 7:17 p.m.

Message sent about the Legacy! Would be interested in STI block and WRX block for a few more bucks if you want.

badfrogg
badfrogg Reader
10/1/21 8:27 p.m.
captainawesome said:

Message sent about the Legacy! Would be interested in STI block and WRX block for a few more bucks if you want.

Got your email. I am giving away the spare parts to anyone who buys a car! It's first come deal.

badfrogg
badfrogg Reader
10/1/21 8:30 p.m.
Mr. Lee said:

I've got a bugeye wrx I'm hoping to finish the engine swap on in the next few weeks (hoping pre challenge) then it's going on the market. I love the car, wanted it terribly. But the sudden loss of bearings with normal driving is just leaving a bad taste in my mouth. Now... a NA Legacy wagon with a mild lift, would suit my uses just fine. I'll start looking after the WRX is sold.

Not for you then. The Legacy is turbo. And its a NA block Frankenstein turbo at that. Funny that it has been daily driven that way for 30k miles now and no hint of even caring. Go figure...

badfrogg
badfrogg Reader
10/1/21 8:37 p.m.

Here. I found some picture of when I stuck all the turbo bits onto the NA SOHC engine. It all bolts right on. no modifications needed. All just factory stuff used.

badfrogg
badfrogg Reader
10/1/21 8:41 p.m.

Oh yeah. The timing belts were done on both cars at 100k miles. Both cars are around about 130k now. 

badfrogg
badfrogg Reader
10/1/21 8:49 p.m.

Here is the wagon doin it's job. Getting me to my other hobby, flying RC planes.

I designed and built this one-off Cub. It "had" an 8 foot wingspan. All RC planes have an expiration date. ;)

captainawesome
captainawesome Dork
10/1/21 9:47 p.m.

Looking at a flight for Monday evening. Let's see if we can make this happen for the Legacy!

badfrogg
badfrogg Reader
10/1/21 10:41 p.m.

Ok guys/gals. Looks like captainawesome is pettyy much set to take the Legacy. Good choice! It is my favorite of the two. Let's give him first dibs. If he comes to his senses before Monday I'll let you know. 

Hoondavan
Hoondavan HalfDork
10/4/21 9:08 a.m.

Captainawesome's build theads are top-notch, so this is a good thing.  If it does fall through, I'm in FL and am interested in the wagon.  Carvana just increased their offer on my alltrack so I'll be shopping for a new non-boring daily driver soon.  I'd need to clear it through the SWMBO...but she does have a soft spot for subaru wagons...so I think this may fly.

captainawesome
captainawesome Dork
10/4/21 9:34 a.m.

In reply to Hoondavan :

I'll be flying over this evening to drive the Legacy back to Arkansas. Going solo so will be limited updates on trip status.

AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter)
AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/5/21 9:09 p.m.

Paging Mr. Lee.  I'm looking for a bugeye WRX almost continuously. 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
G20GJQ6E2AXGCxVMIZ6uF4DBeVPUkD9V13gtMCVGSRZh4JBeQUjWNKblEJnDXwfw