DukeOfUndersteer
DukeOfUndersteer UltimaDork
2/19/20 3:12 p.m.

It's a 1986 325e that was purchased 2 years ago. Had the M20 in it and a slush box. Did not run, but it turned over. Since then, I removed the old engine/gearbox. I received Eric Foss's (google him) spare M52 out of his NASA GTS2 E36 and G250 manual box to put in. Has a laundry list of new parts added:

Brand new flywheel/stage 3 clutch/pressure plate/throwout bearing

Manual pedal assembly

New Master and Slave cylinders

Engine came out of a 323is, Eric says it has about 14 hours from fresh rebuild on it. Said it had new rod bearings, Motorsport front and rear seals, dyno'd at 195whp when he last ran it

ECU has been flashed by my buddy at TRM with the same file that he ran in his car. Requires green top injectors, i have the pink tops in currently

Oil pan is from an E34 so it can clear the front subframe

Has an M42 rad in it, i am reading that it might be too small for what it's trying to cool?

Has an M50 intake manifold on currently, comes with an M/S52 manifold as well

Ebay headers that have been beat to clear the subframe. Comes with two O2 bungs to weld on as the ones on the pipes are hilarious locations

Z3 shifter and linkage. The shift rod currently rubs on the weight on the driveshaft, so my plan was to get a chassis mounted shifter.

Rolling around on a set of 15 inch basket weave looking wheels off of a MX5. Tires are Pirelli Super Trofeos, right rear has a flat spot from some ambitious late braking once in it's life

Extended studs donated off a project T1 BMW E46 M3 we were campaigning in the shop i worked in. Lug nuts are retired nuts from various IMSA Conti teams I've collected along the years

Interior isnt bad, but it isnt good either. Seats are kinda cracked. Rear seat doesnt exist. Dash was beyond cracked. I pulled it out to try and bondo the cracks, came out even worse, so I put a plastic dash cover and added a carpeted cover as well. As i was removing the dash, I obliterated the ignition switch tumbler. New one is like $80?

Suspension is a joke. It is currently sitting on a set of 350lb 6 inch Hyperco springs I had laying in my toolbox. I was/am planning on doing the coilover conversion. On top of that, I had a pair of Porsche 991 GT3 Cup Sachs dampers donated to me, but they need to be welded somehow onto the uprights. Has a set of camber plates up top. Front control arms, tie rods, inner and outer tie rods are brand new. Has offset poly control arm bushings. Recently installed steel braided lines everywhere and have PFC race fluid in it. Has a brand new H&R big rear sway bar on it with new bushings. I was/am planning on a bigger front sway.

The trunk has the stock lip that ive added to. I added a carbon 10mm gurney that came off a Porsche Cup car. Front airdam has been nutcerted onto the bumper. Comes with about 6 feet of inconel 3 inch exhaust tubing that was donated by a local race team that was restoring a Daytona Prototype.

It is an unfinished project. I had just laid out the engine harness from an automatic OBD2 6 cylinder BMW. I think i have the majority of the clips and sensors plugged in properly into their locations. I tried hooking the engine harness power up to the main power distribution block under the hood, but then i heard the starter solenoid engaging.... makes me think i may have accidently put the wrong hot wires on the wrong post on the starter. Needs a high pressure power steering line made to go from the pump to the old rack. Don't have a set of plugs yet, but theyre pretty cheap. Needs some small wiring finished up from the E36 to E30 jumper harness. I removed one high beam light to add my forced air intake, but not 100% that it's gonna be a final decision. Comes with a box of stuff as well, like poly diff bushing, box of engine stuff, old sport steering wheel (i stuck a little OMP wheel in it). It is missing the correct gearbox crossmember. Its like trying to find hen's teeth, just dont exist for the gearbox i have in it. At the moment, it has a big piece of welded aluminum my old boss and I were trying to make into a mount.

I think $2000 is a pretty good price to ask. It is missing the Texas title, wasnt a massive problem for me as it was gonna be a long term project and was gonna file for a title later when it was closer to driving on the road. It's currently located in Cresson, Texas at Motorsports Ranch. I can't really help with transport as I don't work for the race team anymore and dont have a trailer to take it with. I will try to update as much as i can with what I can remember. I am not in a pinch to sell it and still would like to finish it and keep for myself. So if it's something youre dying to have, message me. 

DukeOfUndersteer
2/19/20 3:22 p.m.

DukeOfUndersteer
2/19/20 3:39 p.m.

It's currently pretty low. It has a cross brace underneath that takes more ground clearance away. I say with a proper set of dampers on it and ride height corrected and the correct trans crossmember, the ride height should be a lot better...

I also made my own switch panel because of the crunched ignition tumbler switch. I snagged a push-to-start button out of a crashed Lexus IS250 in the junkyard and thru checking continunity, found which wires it takes to make it work

DukeOfUndersteer
2/28/20 9:23 a.m.

Last chance! I'm gonna drag it to my house from the race shop and finish it.... laugh

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/28/20 10:35 a.m.

I do love it. And it would absolutely rip!

Not my time for it however.

CanUDiglett
CanUDiglett New Reader
11/1/20 4:20 p.m.

I know im super late but hows she going nowadays. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
eegPhhLElsh555KWuJSZNk2moCHd0IYFhdQIFLg2sKdgYdOPLcYRFsawIbTI3QAf