AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/13/20 10:04 a.m.

Thinking about offloading the Sonoma, found a killer deal on a Colorado 3LT, not advertised and not in a rush to sell, dude doesn't want to advertise and have to deal with mouth-breathers.  Just gauging interest right now, but could be persuaded to make a deal right away at the right price.

muh muh muh My Sonoma!

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/13/20 10:15 a.m.

oh man. see the second post in your build thread. killing me here. 

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/13/20 10:17 a.m.

Am I right that this is where it lands?

RacetruckRon
RacetruckRon GRM+ Memberand Dork
11/13/20 10:33 a.m.

3LT is the one with the 5.3 right?

Otherwise keep this gem, gen1 Colorados are generally steaming piles of wheel bearing issues and 5 cylinder timing chain noise.

11/13/20 10:36 a.m.

Close. Mine is regular cab short bed which isn't shown on that list. Correct on RWD, 4.3 V6, 5MT, and 3.08:1 diff.

also has G80 LSD, and the V6 5MT trucks wer the only ones that got the 8.5" rear axle.

11/13/20 10:50 a.m.
RacetruckRon said:

Otherwise keep this gem, gen1 Colorados are generally steaming piles of wheel bearing issues and 5 cylinder timing chain noise.

Yep, 5.3, which is the only reason I'd buy it. Fits my life better than fumble-berkeleying my way through LS-swapping the Sonoma.

11/14/20 9:47 p.m.

Drove it today after fixing the exhaust and was like damn why would you sell this?!?! LOL

classicJackets (FS)
classicJackets (FS) Dork
11/14/20 9:56 p.m.

In reply to AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) :

Cause finding something else special is more fun than the vehicles you've already got??

11/14/20 10:05 p.m.

In reply to classicJackets (FS) :

You are wise beyond your years.

Scotty Con Queso
Scotty Con Queso SuperDork
11/15/20 1:44 p.m.
RacetruckRon said:

You forgot frame rot. Gen1 Colorados are notorious for rotted frames. I bought a cheap 5-speed Colorado to LS swap and the frame was shot. Picked up a "good" rolling frame to swap and it has some rust spots so now I'm patching another frame. Granted it's 100x easier out in the open. 

Angry - If you're looking at this 5.3 Colorado, I higher recommend you spend a lot of time under the truck with a hammer and screw driver. Not just a poke you're head under the truck and "it looks good" inspection.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
zx3Qb4ThPLfsl3GuQ3t98Af4a33Z5EMuNZSufNeUPh13wyGga0T03lRdwbzF2yRW