Patrick (Forum Supporter)
Patrick (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/12/20 10:10 a.m.

UPDATE SOLD

thinking about something else that's come up.  That would make my WRX unnecessary.  I'm thinking $3000 with all my spares(listed below).  Car is located in valley city ohio.  Was in Missouri and southern Illinois for most of its life so it isn't a cleveland rot box.

Details:

Manual trans

new radiator

244k miles

most receipts back to new

solid.  Only real rust is bubbles behind RR wheel and the u shaped lower subframe up front(that is unnecessary and only came on usdm cars so I didn't bother)

maxpeedingrods coilovers on front, rears will come with

new RH tie rods inner and outer

new ball joints, front rotors and pads

new rear pads and rotors come with as well as another set of tie rods for left side

comes with low mile steering shaft

New ebay exhaust included

17" motegi spoked wheels

battery about a year old.  

Always adult owned(3 owner car) not modded by flatbrim bros.  Minus the coilovers and wheels it's basically untouched.  Front struts were horrible and MaXpeedingRods gave me the coilovers in exchange for some publicity. 

bads:  needs right valve cover gasket, it dribbles on the exhaust and smokes.  Not a big deal when driven regularly but when it sits for a week between uses the smoke is embarrassing until it burns off

244k miles worth of wear and dings

ac clutch was noisy so i cut the belt.  It may need some components replaced to function.  

engine light recently came on, i will scan it to get code.  Last year it was o2 sensor so it got a new bosch one

no idea when timing belt done last

steering shaft should be replaced, i was just hosing it with blaster and that keeps it good for a while, and I recently got the shaft to swap in. 

tires kinda old.

spares:  17" steelies from some kinda subaru

low mile 2005 ej205 from a wrecked wrx(cam pulley broke so assuming bent valves)

extra foglight because passenger one has crack

extra starter

any subaru parts i have

it's great in the snow, fun to drive around in, but I'm thinking about something bigger that i can put a hitch on.  I'll uninstall my light bar prior to selling.

i've put 7,000 miles on it, enjoy it very much, but i can only keep so many.

5/12/20 12:29 p.m.

You know what?  I don't want to have to deal with craigslist or the like if i sell it, so GRM only price $2500 including the extras.  

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/12/20 12:51 p.m.

yikes. My wallet didn't need me to see this today. 

5/12/20 12:56 p.m.

Oh yeah new front hubs and wheel bearings too.  I did all the front end work in the fall

XLR99 (Forum Supporter)
XLR99 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/12/20 1:24 p.m.

Sadly my TrumpBucks are already spoken for sad

And my wife made some sort of threat of physical violence if another car shows up before the dead ones are driveable again...

secretariata (Forum Supporter)
secretariata (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/12/20 1:43 p.m.

How soon do you need it out of the way? I'm putting in an offer on a different house tomorrow & would like to have that settled so I can take stuff directly there instead of temporarily storing spares & moving them again. We can do $ ahead of time if you need to. Not sure if you need space or cash sooner, but let's make a deal!

Oh & I have a yahoo email so I can't get PMs.

Edited to remove phone #.

Steve

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
5/12/20 1:58 p.m.

In reply to secretariata (Forum Supporter) :

Have you seen his new shop? He has space. He has so much space that his space has space. laugh

Having ridden in the car, I like it. Seal of approval from mazdeuce. 

Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter)
Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
5/12/20 2:08 p.m.

I will second the mazduece seal. Ive ridden in it too. Great car. Much better than the junk we were fixing. 

Kinda wish i needed a wrx.

5/12/20 3:46 p.m.

Tentatively sold to secretariata

Gearheadotaku (Forum Supporter)
Gearheadotaku (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
5/12/20 5:08 p.m.

That was fast...

I need to check the boards more often! (Like every 15 minutes...)

5/14/20 3:33 a.m.

Patrick & I spoke yesterday & he is very generously holding it for me until I can get up there in a few weeks to pick it up. Thanks Patrick!

5/30/20 8:31 p.m.

Secretariata is now the proud owner of this car, and it made it to SC uneventfully 

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
5/30/20 9:24 p.m.

In reply to Patrick (Forum Supporter) :

Did you include a vape pipe as part of the package?  Now that I know what he looks like I think it'd be a nice contrast to the normal WRX vaper.

5/30/20 9:57 p.m.
Stampie (FS) said:

In reply to Patrick (Forum Supporter) :

Did you include a vape pipe as part of the package?  Now that I know what he looks like I think it'd be a nice contrast to the normal WRX vaper.

Hey, I've started working on a Stampie look alike beard!  It's more than twice as long as it has ever been before. I'm not going for Stampie hair though (except maybe something close to that shaved head photo of you).  I could shop for a flat brim hat...

I haven't dug through the spares "package" yet to see what all Patrick included.  I'm sure there will be a surprise or two...

I mean the test drive started with a dead battery and ended 600 miles later. :)

I do want to very publicly thank Patrick for everything he did and put up with to sell me this fine automobile!  He installed the rear brakes, loaded all the spares, checked the fluids & air in the tires, gave me his family heirloom 3.5mm aux cable to cassette adaptor, picked me up at the changed rental car location, gave me directions, and jump started the car for me!  And probably more that I'm forgetting...I literally drove in last night, he picked me up this morning and I might have spent 10 minutes at his place.  I didn't look the car over or check anything.  I handed him an envelope (which he didn't even open in my presence) & he gave me keys and a signed title.  And I drove 600 miles home.  I may have to get used to rusty automobiles and make Patrick my regular "crack" dealer... :)

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
5/30/20 10:50 p.m.

In reply to secretariata (Forum Supporter) :

Just wait until he lets you see the parts stash in the basement.  I think I've only gotten a quick look once.

NGTD
NGTD PowerDork
5/31/20 7:49 a.m.

I believe that car has a steering wheel from north of the border!!

5/31/20 7:55 a.m.

In reply to NGTD :

I never put it in, i always intended to, so he can do it now.  It rode shotgun with him 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
gVtYFjRpldoeR0HzjtivhoVSuV6t1u5mJw8aS8d19ocPla2m866YGLT22Qa8yMjD