1 2 3
Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/26/20 7:43 p.m.

In reply to Indy "Nub" Guy :

Child labor is a wonderful thing and we all know you have an abundance of it.

KonaBoss
KonaBoss Reader
8/27/20 9:18 p.m.

A curiosity question, what rear end ratio is in that thing? Also, would it happen to be a limited slip?

KurtAKX
KurtAKX New Reader
8/27/20 10:50 p.m.

In reply to KonaBoss :

If you're parting it for the axle, hook a brother up with a fuel tank and filler neck

Indy "Nub" Guy
Indy "Nub" Guy PowerDork
9/3/20 5:57 a.m.

Bump.

Any offers?

Patrick (Forum Supporter)
Patrick (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/3/20 9:40 a.m.

Ugh

Tony Sestito
Tony Sestito PowerDork
9/3/20 12:50 p.m.

If only it was closer. Sigh...

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
9/3/20 1:18 p.m.

I think the LT1 has taken over from the 307 as the red-headed stepchild of small block Chevys.

9/3/20 1:28 p.m.

In reply to eastsideTim :

I still have some fancy 307 pistons and rods that I should probably throw away.  

i keep having visions of truck springs to lift it, cut the back wheel openings, mud tires, etc.  this is why i need to stay away from this thread. 

i still have a pair of the rear wheel opening flares someone used to sell to cut them out to get rid of the skirting.  Plus any offer i would make would just sadden or insult brian, or worse he would accept just to berkeley me over

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
9/3/20 1:34 p.m.

I kind of want to go the opposite direction.   Slammed, maybe with cut fenders like that rendering in the hotlink thread.  Maybe on airbags so it can lay frame.  Curtis’s Impala has had a bad influence on me.  B-bodys should be lowered and Panthers should be lifted smiley

9/3/20 1:43 p.m.

My buddy has a 91 white roadmonster woody that lays frame, it's pretty berkeleying awesome

Indy "Nub" Guy
Indy "Nub" Guy PowerDork
9/3/20 2:18 p.m.

In reply to Patrick (Forum Supporter) :

I just don't want to lay on my back in the gravel and replace the brake line.  Both bays of my two car garage are currently taken up with the TR4 LS swap (body on one side, frame on the other).

Now, if I had a garage with a lift, it wouldn't be so bad. wink

9/3/20 2:24 p.m.

My lift is occupied by a car that's not coming down for a bit.  

03Panther
03Panther HalfDork
9/3/20 9:50 p.m.
eastsideTim said:

I think the LT1 has taken over from the 307 as the red-headed stepchild of small block Chevys.

Lets see... 307... no power emissions choked smog engine with almost round cam lobes, compared to a LT1... uh, oohh, kayyy. Well, maybe a 4.3 LT1 counts!smiley

for the entire time the 307 was available, almost all options from the same make were a better choice. LT1 was a good option, till several years into the LS run!

True, way better options today, but...

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
9/4/20 6:11 a.m.

In reply to 03Panther :

Not saying it is justified, just that that is what has appeared to happen.  It was a big step up from the traditional small block Chevy at the time, but between the short production run and how much of an improvement the third gen engines were, it’s kind of lost in the middle.  Also doesn’t help that Vortec heads on a small block are almost as good as the LT1.

Indy "Nub" Guy
Indy "Nub" Guy PowerDork
9/4/20 4:14 p.m.

Pictures updated in the ad. Car cleaned up pretty good

03Panther
03Panther HalfDork
9/4/20 7:41 p.m.
eastsideTim said:

In reply to 03Panther :

Not saying it is justified, just that that is what has appeared to happen.  It was a big step up from the traditional small block Chevy at the time, but between the short production run and how much of an improvement the third gen engines were, it’s kind of lost in the middle.  Also doesn’t help that Vortec heads on a small block are almost as good as the LT1.

Oh, I agree with every word of that...  till a 307 gets included!smiley

03Panther
03Panther HalfDork
9/4/20 7:43 p.m.

In reply to Indy "Nub" Guy :

That is looking good! Too bad the rust makes it not worth bringing south! I've eve got a 6 speed would slip right in.

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/4/20 8:47 p.m.

In reply to 03Panther :

Honestly it looks like a killer half budget (assuming the deep GRM discount gets it there) Challenge build.  Hell it's not even a build.  Throw a brake line on and run it.  Don't even need a hotel room cause wagon.

Indy "Nub" Guy
Indy "Nub" Guy PowerDork
9/4/20 8:49 p.m.
Stampie (FS) said:

In reply to 03Panther :

Honestly it looks like a killer half budget (assuming the deep GRM discount gets it there) Challenge build.  Hell it's not even a build.  Throw a brake line on and run it.  Don't even need a hotel room cause wagon.

Yes. As long as I don't have to spend another 0.01$ on it or touch it with a wrench again, it'll go to a GRMer for half budget.

Edit: it also comes with a nearly new battery.

03Panther
03Panther HalfDork
9/4/20 11:03 p.m.

I went back and looked at the underbody pic's... trying to convince myself its not that bad! Sadly, rust never sleeps.frown

03Panther
03Panther HalfDork
9/4/20 11:39 p.m.

OK, ^%%@#%$^&%#$ - IT. Now your making me think, and I cant AFFORD that! What size are the rims on that? The SuperChicken rims I have are the wrong bolt pattern frown But does have some decent wide 16"tires cheeky

Indy "Nub" Guy
Indy "Nub" Guy PowerDork
9/5/20 8:47 a.m.

In reply to 03Panther :

Stock rims and tire size.  I think 5x5.0"

03Panther
03Panther HalfDork
9/5/20 8:54 a.m.

Yea the big body’s are 5 on 5, and f body’s are 4.75... but I was wondering what size the wheels are. Don’t know if they came with 16” wheels or what. 

Indy "Nub" Guy
Indy "Nub" Guy PowerDork
9/5/20 12:34 p.m.

In reply to 03Panther :

Indy "Nub" Guy
Indy "Nub" Guy PowerDork
9/5/20 5:41 p.m.

I'd be open to trades too.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
S3ufj6f2k2mDlTBjwfUSc7NCUXMabsLcOa6LOfutyd4NTbOFFXdpFkq0HShpbK5u