chaparral
chaparral Dork
8/3/20 6:27 p.m.

Chassis:

2012 Birel 30mm, raced at the Rotax World Finals in 2012, freshly rebuilt from a bare frame and with my appalling home paintjob over the winter. Chassis was within specifications when measured by Greg Brock Motorsports. Comes with an OTK medium seat - other seats are available. A spare OEM Birel axle is provided.

Engine:

2012 Rotax Max Senior, converted to Evo kit in 2016, last rebuilt in 2017 by Alex Tagliani's father Remo. 10 hours since rebuild, interval is 50 hours. All ancilliaries in good condition and raceworthy. 30 hp, races at 365 lbs. Starter works every time, new switch, new brushes. Clutch has 3/4 of lining left. 11t and 12t drivers provided.

I'm selling this one because I need a stiffer chassis for my driving style. Price is with local pickup in Troy, Michigan. Local delivery $50-$100. Freight shipping $200+ to most US destinations. Contact me at 979-5seventyone-1562

AaronT
AaronT New Reader
8/4/20 9:39 a.m.

Super cool! I'm planning to get an LO206 next year. These are a lot loftier than that.

GLWS

chaparral
chaparral Dork
8/5/20 10:29 a.m.

This would actually make a good Briggs kart - a very similar chassis is leading the points at my local track. You could buy it, buy a Briggs, race Briggs for a season, then re-install the Rotax and run Rotax or TaG! 

AaronT
AaronT New Reader
8/6/20 1:27 p.m.

In reply to chaparral :

Would that I could, but as a condo dweller saving to buy a house I have neither free funds nor a storage space the HOA or my darling lady would find acceptable. 

chaparral
chaparral Dork
8/10/20 9:11 a.m.

In reply to AaronT :

They store vertically just fine - 2' deep, 7' tall, 4 1/2' wide. You'll want to keep the gasoline tank outside.

chaparral
chaparral Dork
10/25/20 8:39 p.m.

Time for a discount. $2350. I've got my eye on a new kart and that means selling this one.

Rotaxes run 50 hours between rebuilds, on 89 octane pump gas and 3 ounces per gallon of Motul 800 oil. I think it's the least expensive powerful kart engine you can run. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
umNFkaIFsNqMyAbGIEHP3kEx6j3lpv30eQfTGbePEeIex6kdz4rtka5oMxfZOMz1