dettonator20
dettonator20 New Reader
9/9/20 5:48 p.m.
DeadSkunk  (Warren)
DeadSkunk (Warren) PowerDork
9/9/20 6:03 p.m.

The only time I ever see this model of Civic is when I'm watching Scandinavian rally videos. They seem to have a following over there, yet didn't sell very well here for reasons unknown to me.

Hoondavan
Hoondavan Reader
9/10/20 8:29 a.m.

Wow, that's a good price if it doesn't need a ton of work.  I had one of these (EP3) as a daily around ~2014- 2017.  I wouldn't hesitate to own another one.  The shifter was excellent and the suspension handled pretty flat without being overly harsh.  They were made in the UK, so if you've never owned a british car...here's your chance!

The '05 version had a slight facelift, 5-lug larger wheels (17"?)and a few more safety features.  This car was the twin to the Acura RSX.   If you don't like the dash-mounted shifter you can switch to floor shift via RSX parts.   Acura had two engine options, but the Civic Si didn't receive the 200hp K20A2...only the K20A3 which made 160 HP.   The guy I sold my car to swapped in the K20A2 from an RSX-S.  The lesser K20A3 engines are only $500 from JDM engine shops, but the more expensive K20A2s are much more expensive.  One other reason why the Honda fanboys didn't love it is due to the fact it didn't have didn't have true independent rear suspension like the prior version.  Only the Type R (Non-US) had wishbone rear suspension.

GRM had one as an autocross project car.  I think they made it much better, but did identify limitations with the chassis.  There's also this thread for inspiration.

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/10/20 9:04 a.m.

I would be very tempted by this if you were near Chicago. I didn't like these when they came out but they have only grown on me overtime. 

P3PPY
P3PPY GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
9/10/20 11:25 a.m.

I don't think I'd ever noticed one of these before. If I saw it I would have thought it was a Focus

steamcorners
steamcorners Reader
9/10/20 11:35 a.m.

If it were within a 4 hour tow (give or take) of Ohio I'd be on my way right now. Man, I love these weird little breadvans.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill MegaDork
9/11/20 10:37 a.m.

In reply to dettonator20 :

Is it on the original engine?  

dettonator20
dettonator20 New Reader
9/16/20 7:17 p.m.

It's not mine and no affiliation, so I'm not sure, but I assume so from the price.

Dave M (Forum Supporter)
Dave M (Forum Supporter) Dork
9/17/20 7:02 a.m.

Needs moar fartcan, a fake towhook glued to the bumper and Mugen stickers all over. Maybe a fake intake glued to the hood.  Who knows, go crazy and put pointy lug nuts on it!

J/k as old fast deathtraps go, these are only slightly below SRT Neons in my heart.  And the RSX because an Integra was my first car.  Of course, all the Neons are so rusted you can only drive them in Michigan.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill MegaDork
9/20/20 5:14 p.m.
dettonator20 said:

It's not mine and no affiliation, so I'm not sure, but I assume so from the price.

My bad.  I was thinking it was yours.  My reading skills are deteriorating.  

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ugEjoNuD0EBfU6gi7wjWCs6n2pMGPdjLYwjSIX3e6htc0xEKlrU7E4T7wc4eeHCk