1 2 3
spkorb
spkorb New Reader
3/2/22 7:56 p.m.

Tune in for adventure! I'm selling my collection '59 Austin A35, '65 Suprang (Supra enhanced Mustang), '60 Nash Metropolitan.  $500 each or OBO each or Challenge negotiation applies. I'm in Raleigh NC and some monkey paw parts included and other parts available.  Monkey paw for all: I can't move my legs well so bring strong help to pile things onto a trailer. The Suprang has some Mustang restoration parts and an entire front frame that must all go together.  The A35 is disassembled.  The Metropolitan is... well it's disassembled but mostly in the same clump.  All of these have some title incompleteness but traceable previous ownership and my right to sell.  For extra $$$ could include a full size open car trailer with electric brakes.  Weird go-fast parts like a V6 motor and transmission with ECU I could throw in and lots of smaller parts. 

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
3/2/22 8:05 p.m.

Not in the market, but I'd love to look at pics!

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/2/22 8:33 p.m.

Erm. I shouldn't ask but I have to. Is the mustang a convertible or no?

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/2/22 8:42 p.m.
Robbie (Forum Supporter) said:

Erm. I shouldn't ask but I have to. Is the mustang a convertible or no?

Suprang is a coupe!

https://suprang.com/

SKJSS (formerly Klayfish)
SKJSS (formerly Klayfish) PowerDork
3/2/22 8:54 p.m.

What condition is the Suprang in?  Complete, fully disassembled?  Cranks?  Starts?  Moves?

nocones
nocones GRM+ Memberand UberDork
3/2/22 9:02 p.m.

I will not buy the A35..  

Pics please...

spkorb
spkorb New Reader
3/2/22 9:23 p.m.

Suprang.com has pics and pointers to pics of the other cars on pleasurizer.com and probably contact info. It had a tree try to grow through it and a delivery truck tried to mash it, only drove the fender back a quarter inch so the door doesn't open. Not sure about the motor, it's been years since I tried to turn it over.  Lots of rocker rust on the A35, worse on the floor pan. It comes with a new rocker and fender patch.  It had a pic in Classic Motorsports before I disassembled it. The Metropolitan Nash is pretty okay for rust damage but surface rust starting from keeping it under a cover.

sorry for leaving so much detective work but they are not prize winners, just a lot of fun. A team of 6 could turn any of these into Challenge gems I'm sure.

spkorb
spkorb New Reader
3/2/22 9:31 p.m.

https://suprang.com/
https://www.spkorb.org/austin.html Comes with a rotisserie and maybe an extra axle and Monza wheels :)

old pics of the Nash starting here and an a35 pic or 2 https://flic.kr/p/4MuJwy

spkorb
spkorb New Reader
3/2/22 9:35 p.m.

Flickr is terrible for getting people pics. Here's a screenshot 

spkorb
spkorb New Reader
3/2/22 9:40 p.m.

scottdownsouth
scottdownsouth HalfDork
3/2/22 10:08 p.m.

Tell us more about the Nash!

spkorb
spkorb New Reader
3/2/22 10:18 p.m.

In reply to scottdownsouth :

Not much to say about the Metropolitan. I bought it from a guy across from my sisters house and I was going to turn it electric but I never even got the car fully inspected so I don't know a lot about it. I thought that 3.8L V6 would be cool in it too :) It had a new fuel tank but that was 15 years ago. The tires are rotted off but all the parts are together. The windscreen is behind my couch and an extra hood is in the shed. I just always thought they were super cool!

spkorb
spkorb New Reader
3/2/22 10:23 p.m.

spkorb
spkorb New Reader
3/2/22 10:23 p.m.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
3/2/22 11:17 p.m.

There's only 2 inches difference between the Metropolitan and a Miata wheelbase. Just saying

In reply to spkorb :

Hey Sean, I remember you bringing the Suprang to the Challenge! Could that really have been way back in... 2004? And didn't you bring Grandma's $50 Monza before that?

Sometimes you need to clear out all the stalled projects and let someone else take over. It would be awesome if someone here could give any or all of your cars a fresh start!

Best of luck!

Danny

Somebeach (Forum Supporter)
Somebeach (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
3/3/22 8:40 a.m.

In reply to spkorb :

Is your rotisserie two engine stands joined together? What a great idea. How well does it work? 

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
3/3/22 9:07 a.m.

The rotisserie for sale?

Im a few hours south of you outside Charlotte. And very, very tempted by the mustang....

cfvwtuner
cfvwtuner Reader
3/3/22 10:47 a.m.

I'd already be throwing cash at you for the Mustang if I had a way to get it to Connecticut

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/3/22 10:52 a.m.

I sent you an email through the board, please let me know if you don't get it.

spkorb
spkorb New Reader
3/3/22 1:39 p.m.

In reply to Danny Shields (Forum Supporter) :

That was me. $1500 challenge Monza, what a blast!

spkorb
spkorb New Reader
3/3/22 1:40 p.m.

In reply to Somebeach (Forum Supporter) : Rotisserie werks gud. You can't raise or lower them which can be a pain.

nocones
nocones GRM+ Memberand UberDork
3/3/22 1:42 p.m.

What's the title status on the A35.   

spkorb
spkorb New Reader
3/3/22 1:43 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael : The rotisserie comes with the A35 but it was originally used for the Suprang. It's custom cut and welded to length.

QuasiMofo (John Brown)
QuasiMofo (John Brown) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/3/22 1:49 p.m.

My life is much healthier knowing you are in North Carolina and not Michigan, Ohio, Indiana or Illinois.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
2PcFSYbWkXL8Be1bUS6N0mIrNhcXO3THkNMlOPJW5E2Y3IMATa16G5Qd0RgctuZh