1 2
AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter)
AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) Dork
5/8/21 4:41 p.m.

I am selling my 1994 Laguna Blue Miata.  I am done with this car.  I orginally bought it to save from becoming scrap or parted out.  Now that the clearcoat is starting to peel, I cannot continue to save it and take a huge loss.  I already have a Boxster for top down scenic drives, and do not need this car.  I also have a Subaru for Rallycross and an F Body for CAM and other things.  I do not have room or desire to invest more time or money on this one.

I bought it to save it from becoming scrap.  I got it with a red salvage title thanks to insurance company policy from the previous owner.  Here is the damage they did not want to repair.

Here was the rest of the car at that time.

I paid $2000 since it was a nice clean, rust free, A package (Torsen, AC, PS) Laguna blue Miata.  The chassis is in better shape than most NAs with far less miles.

I then had $2000 worth of body work done making this car right. 

Since then I've put a new Robbins top and rain rail on the car and new Koni STR shocks because the originals were totally gone.  It's a good car that runs and drives as it should with minor issues of course.  It can literally make the trip anywhere worry free if you can get a temp plate for it. 

In building a new house, moving and spending the better part of 2 years out of the country for work, I lost the title.  I cannot find it.  I have a copy of the original from the PO.  I also have all the rebuild paperwork for the state.  Because of this, I have never retitled the car.  I have kept insurance on it and puttered around the neighborhood and have put maybe 100 miles on it in years.  This car needs a home that wants it.  I will sign and do whatever is needed to help you get paperwork, or you can turn it into a race car. 

I have a Covercraft Noah car cover for extra.  I also have a RB front sway, RB sway mount reinforcements, and a Harddog double diag rollbar with padding for extra if wanted.  Oh yah and a set of FM frame rail reinforcments if wanted too. 

Bring your creative $2000 challenge receipt and I will sign it. You want to take this top off and put on a junkyard one to help budget wise?  Yep, I have invoices. 

After our last hard rain, I removed the car cover and noticed clearcoat peeling on the passenger fender and door.  I'm done.  It's time to walk away and focus on other things. 

UnluckyRoadster
UnluckyRoadster
5/8/21 5:35 p.m.

Legitimately thinking of flying out, the wiring harness on my NA6 is shorted out in a few spots and i just found some fun new rust that I don't want to deal with. Assuming your located in Texes because of the plates.

She looks great.

Foodeater
Foodeater New Reader
5/8/21 6:38 p.m.

I may have missed it, but where are you/ the car located?

i'm super interested if theres a way to get it titled. Please email me; gjufer---@----gmail

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/8/21 6:43 p.m.

In reply to AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) :

Where are you?

dan0 (Forum Supporter)
dan0 (Forum Supporter) Reader
5/8/21 6:59 p.m.
Foodeater said:

I may have missed it, but where are you/ the car located?

The plate is obscured in one picture and slightly visible in another. Looks like Texas unless it traveled to get to him. 

rodknock
rodknock Reader
5/8/21 7:00 p.m.

Put me 4th in line if the other people pass on it.

KyAllroad (Jeremy) (Forum Supporter)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) (Forum Supporter) UltimaDork
5/8/21 7:52 p.m.

Sounds like the car is claimed, but I'm interested in the RB bar and reinforcements.   If you want to sell them separately (I could use them on the turbo Miata build). Please email me 

armstrong390 at the yahoo place

Thanks 

APEowner
APEowner GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/8/21 9:38 p.m.

I too am interested and I don't need a title.  I'd use it to build a Spec Miata build to replace my stolen one.

5/8/21 9:56 p.m.

Car is located in Dallas, TX.  I can of course grab a trailer and meet someone anywhere within 4-5 hours of there too. 

This would make a good base for a spec miata or challenge build.  I will happily sell the rollbar and frame rail reinforcements.  Shipping the rollbar is a huge problem though to be honest. 

I can vouch for Anthony & I've seen the car too. While I didn't look over the Miata closely, it's definitely a nice car. 

calteg
calteg Dork
5/9/21 8:40 a.m.

Welp, I'm in Austin if everyone else passes. Guess I'm 6th in line

5/9/21 11:05 a.m.

Well inspite of lots of interest no one has contacted me directly.  Or I have tons of misdirected e mail.  I will go check now.

Foodeater
Foodeater New Reader
5/9/21 11:24 a.m.

I sent a PM to you. 

also left my email address in my first post above. 

5/9/21 11:39 a.m.

Crazy nothing is coming through.  I checked spam all mail, etc.  E-mail me direct at anthonyg no space here small at that google e-mail address dot com.  

Thanks everyone.  My wife is super excited to have a spot in the driveway soon.

5/9/21 2:33 p.m.
Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter) said:

I can vouch for Anthony & I've seen the car too. While I didn't look over the Miata closely, it's definitely a nice car. 

It is nicer than the one you picked up and more driveable too :).

03Panther
03Panther UltraDork
5/9/21 5:00 p.m.

In reply to AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) :

I had to read your address twice to catch it... very well done!

if they got better mpg, I could prolly have talked the financial manager into it, and the other obstacles, for a trustworthy guy, would not bother me in the least. 
But since they plan to create a fuel crisis soon, mpg is paramount to all my decisions for now!

GLWS!smiley

APEowner
5/9/21 6:16 p.m.

Email sent

5/9/21 9:23 p.m.
APEowner said:

Email sent

I've received two so far, but don't think this one made it.  I made it pretty hard.  

You can text me at Denton, TX area code, Naples FL area code, a non negative number less than 1, and the Beaumont, TX area code.  That's 10 digits, right?  

APEowner
5/9/21 10:37 p.m.
AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) said:
APEowner said:

Email sent

I've received two so far, but don't think this one made it.  I made it pretty hard.  

You can text me at Denton, TX area code, Naples FL area code, a non negative number less than 1, and the Beaumont, TX area code.  That's 10 digits, right?  

I tried again.  I think I figured out what I did wrong.  If you don't get it by tomorrow AM I'll text you.

5/10/21 12:28 p.m.

I just took a deposit for the car and it will be rehomed next month.  It is going to become a Spec Miata, and I look forward to seeing the build here.  I think given the paperwork situation this is the best option for this car. 

AWSX1686 (Forum Supporter)
AWSX1686 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
5/10/21 1:55 p.m.

Roll bar go along with?

APEowner
5/10/21 2:45 p.m.
AWSX1686 (Forum Supporter) said:

Roll bar go along with?

Nope..  I didn't buy any of the extras since they're not legal for Spec Miata.

APEowner
5/10/21 2:47 p.m.

I just took a deposit for the car and it will be rehomed next month.  It is going to become a Spec Miata, and I look forward to seeing the build here.  I think given the paperwork situation this is the best option for this car. 

We'll see if I actually do a build thread.  I always think I'm going to and I often remember to take pictures but since the dawn of the internet forum I've build a bunch of cars and never actually did a build thread.

I'm going to try again with this car.

5/10/21 4:00 p.m.

Roll bar go along with?

It sitting in the garage in Dallas, TX along with all hardware, the padding and padding cover never installed.  I'd love to have it gone as well.  Shipping it is not desirable due to bulkiness, but might be possible. 

AWSX1686 (Forum Supporter)
AWSX1686 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
5/11/21 8:01 a.m.

Roll bar go along with?

It sitting in the garage in Dallas, TX along with all hardware, the padding and padding cover never installed.  I'd love to have it gone as well.  Shipping it is not desirable due to bulkiness, but might be possible. 

Yeah, I'm not close to Texas, but maybe a GRM Relay would be possible. What are you looking to get out of it?

1 2
Our Preferred Partners
jhDTdUaAZysDvwD0A0ywAQgBV7DQnBAXPC1CDR3bMC65PctZZGqP7GLdScN27yUo