1 2 3 4
akylekoz
akylekoz Dork
5/14/19 11:47 a.m.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ UberDork
5/14/19 11:50 a.m.

Is buying it myself an acceptable way of stopping you?

akylekoz
akylekoz Dork
5/14/19 11:52 a.m.

Yes, if I don't beat you there, it's about 30 minutes away.

Buy it, I'll pick it up and store it for you.

I have contacted the PO, who wants this?  I have cash a trailer and a place to store it, I just don't need it.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltimaDork
5/14/19 12:02 p.m.

Just had this discussion with my wife and a new couch.  You “want” a new couch but we don’t “need” a new couch.  

Sadly she’ll probably spent this much on that new couch we “need”.  

akylekoz
akylekoz Dork
5/14/19 12:22 p.m.

In reply to Datsun310Guy :

My couch time is about 3 hours per month, to watch movies with the kids.  I would use this car even less but want it much more.

classicJackets
classicJackets Dork
5/14/19 12:22 p.m.

Wow!!

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 UberDork
5/14/19 12:33 p.m.

I like the name of the race team.

hobiercr
hobiercr GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/14/19 1:18 p.m.

Very cool car. $2 says it has a locked rear and is pure fun to drift around a road course. Somebody should get this and vintage race it. 

I love that the owner says he is having a hard time getting into it. That's never concerned me. It's more been the ability to get OUT of it FAST, when you need to that's the concern.

akylekoz
akylekoz Dork
5/14/19 1:20 p.m.

It's been over an hour with no response from the PO.  

Do you need a drivers license to drive on a racetrack?  This would make a really cool toy for the kids, change out to dirt tires and it's a side by side.  

etifosi
etifosi SuperDork
5/15/19 11:59 a.m.

If this is still available & can be stashed for about 2 weeks while I dispose of Ghosts Of Projects I've lost interest in, will you enable me this?

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy UberDork
5/15/19 12:44 p.m.
etifosi said:

If this is still available & can be stashed for about 2 weeks while I dispose of Ghosts Of Projects I've lost interest in, will you enable me this?

Where've you been hiding?  I haven't seen you around much lately.  Do you still have that cheap Miata you picked up from Andrew? Oh, and good luck on acquiring this one.

akylekoz
akylekoz Dork
5/15/19 6:53 p.m.

It appears to be a real add, no response yet.

akylekoz
akylekoz Dork
5/15/19 6:54 p.m.

In reply to etifosi :

I sure can.

Go ahead and get a hold of him, I’m not having any luck.

Lof8
Lof8 GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/15/19 7:32 p.m.

If that was in FL, I’d be buying it. Chump car, rally car, so many possibilities!

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
5/15/19 7:51 p.m.

That’s a steal. 

akylekoz
akylekoz Dork
5/15/19 8:07 p.m.

Someone get a hold of the PO, I’ll drag it home and hold it for a while.

I sent an email and left a message on his phone.

etifosi
etifosi SuperDork
5/16/19 12:07 a.m.
Indy-Guy said:
etifosi said:

Where've you been hiding?  I haven't seen you around much lately.  Do you still have that cheap Miata you picked up from Andrew? Oh, and good luck on acquiring this one.

I've been hiding in a factory of sorts, at night.  It's been difficult to adjust to. I still lurk but haven't much to say.

Yes, still have Andrew's Miata.  And JTw8t's Colony Park.  And Akylekoz's Savanna. *edit (and more, much, much more)

*(most of these many are) One of those three is on the chopping block, can't decide which one*(s) though.

akylekoz
akylekoz Dork
5/16/19 12:52 p.m.

I'm going to look at this tomorrow.  If no one beats me to it tonight.

Story is, the guy selling the car is handling the sale for a doctor who is too busy to take calls.  He is selling the car because he is too big and old to fit in it anymore, he bought a Cooper S for playing at the track.

Tracked last summer at Waterford, all ready to run.

Super exited for this one, etifosi may need to pry it from my dead hands, or at least give me some gas money.

accordionfolder
accordionfolder Dork
5/16/19 12:59 p.m.

In reply to akylekoz :

I certainly don't need this AT ALL, but put me in line if etifosi drops out (and your dead-cold hands can be pried away). I love datsun's so much.

akylekoz
akylekoz Dork
5/16/19 1:43 p.m.

I would love to get this car, powder coat the wheels red or white then flip it for profit.  But for GRM I'll only ask for what I have into it.  Almost can't believe it's not gone yet, he had several calls that he didn't answer, I really hope it waits for me.

Yes, I will nit pick it and offer a little less, unless there are spares galore.

He told me the carb setup was a grand.

Our Lemons team has been toying with the idea of a team for our kids to run, this would be the ticket.

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/16/19 4:56 p.m.

I won’t ask about this if you get it and etifosi doesn’t grab it from you.  I just need to keep telling myself that.  

akylekoz
akylekoz Dork
5/16/19 5:16 p.m.

I could be getting two cars tomorrow, my new to me Mustang and now this.

Seller just told me to bring cash tomorrow and I get the title, he’ll hold it until I can pick it up.

Someone pinch me I’ve always wanted a Datsun.

kazoospec
kazoospec UltraDork
5/16/19 5:41 p.m.

If you need an extra pair of hands to get it home, give me a shout. 

akylekoz
akylekoz Dork
5/16/19 7:24 p.m.

In reply to kazoospec :

Will do, you know the drill except this one moves under it’s own power.

As I typed this a

kazoospec
kazoospec UltraDork
5/16/19 8:03 p.m.

I'll be home after 5p tomorrow and should be around most of the day Saturday.  

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
mle7XB8zCEwR27sIuGiNUcGH9pHxyCrji7Ac2utAgQIqO7VlskHHaImMWi5G9VUC