914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
11/18/20 12:15 p.m.
dherr (Forum Supporter)
dherr (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand Dork
11/18/20 3:19 p.m.

I really want one of these sometime and this one looks really nice for the price. My reluctance beyond not having the space right now is the fact that these cars are super expensive to restore, so I don't think I can keep myself from over restoring it.

frenchyd
frenchyd PowerDork
11/18/20 4:01 p.m.

In reply to dherr (Forum Supporter) :

If you have decent car building Skills Jaguar doesn't have to be horribly expensive to work on. I will admit some owners do go to insane levels of perfection and spend 10 kinds of crazy money on their car.   
    If the exact serial numbers are critical and perfection is the only acceptable level of work They will be a money pit. But then so will any car.  

If you are content with a driver with a nice wax job and a few minor flaws they can be a lot of fun at a relatively modest cost.  Ask Volvo clearinghouse.  

Take for example the wire wheels. Remove them one at a time and spend an hour or two hand polishing them. That will remove the rust and cause those spokes to sparkle. I usually get comfortable watching an old movie like Grand Prix  and at the end of the movie admire my efforts.  Or you can spend $2000 getting new and shiny wheels. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
kLyZwbr3fvv5tuMTzSF53JvagxBGw8GA48YRSftLypIKYYScN5KNVe7qFe3kwBej